House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

The Simpsons

There is an episode of The Simpsons on Sky One right now where Mr. Burns has gone bankrupt, lost all his money and the bank has fore-closed on his house.

He asks what he should do now and the reply he gets is:

"First thing you need to do is to move out of the bank's house!"

Funny and so true, this is just a cartoon so I'll laugh. I don't laugh when it happens to real people who over-extended themselves or got caught in sales hype.

Anecdote about Herts/London borders - definitely seeing more For Sale boards than Sold boards on my travels along single lane medium traffic (not quiet backstreets I mean) residential roads I use, by quite a margin. More To Lets, fewer Let Bys too. Agents still occasionally sending me Price Reduced rentals for 2 bed flats in some better parts of North London, I'd say some rentals to my memory are lower now, by maybe 5 to 7%, than in September.

Don't forget that a great many of those who have over-extended themselves did so out of nothing more than pure greed... and in doing so scuppered the market for the rest of, made us put our lives on hold and, for some, had even more drastic repercussions.

Funny and so true, this is just a cartoon so I'll laugh. I don't laugh when it happens to real people who over-extended themselves or got caught in sales hype.

Oh I don't know, could be every bit as funny as a Simpsons episode.

You can rely on the Simpsons to get it in one.

What happened to Burns then, did he come out of it smelling of roses as usual. I need to know. I don't have a telly - by choice. The Simpsons is one of the few things I miss.

Fictional anecdote...

When I was listening to the Archers tonight (dont listen all the time, so don't know the characters), one of the characters (lady) was telling another character (man) that she had decided to sell her house that she had been renting out. The other character replied by saying it was not a good time to do it, and then a little more into the conversation the lady says, "Yes, I know its not a good time to be selling, as you say, the housing market is as dead as a do-do."

So...even though the BBC's reporting is questionable at times, it seems the writers of the Archers have their finger on the pulse !

Don't forget that a great many of those who have over-extended themselves did so out of nothing more than pure greed... and in doing so scuppered the market for the rest of, made us put our lives on hold and, for some, had even more drastic repercussions.

Sorry, but I think the reality is a great many over-extended themselves out of fear and desperation, not greed. The market may be scuppered, but certainly not by any personal malice by the buyers. It's like blaming people for pushing up the price of shares that you were going to buy, but due to those malicious buyers, they're too expensive. Chill - the prices are going to come down....

crude.

I've said this before I know, but the hard fact is that no one owns their own house unless they have paid cash or paid off the last mortgage instalment.

THE BANK OWNS THE HOUSE. MISS A FEW PAYMENTS AND THEY KICK YOU OUT. end of story.

Sorry for shouting