House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

New Economic Boom, Spurned By Youtube, Selfies, Twitter, Instagram And Facebook

With the new all time highs in the Sp500, I won't rule out a new boom emerging.

I read a news article that make up makers have seen sales improve, because more people are using make up to show themselves off on social media.

A boom in selfies has driven up revenue for US beauty firm Estee Lauder.

The trend – which sees people take pictures of themselves on their mobile phone to share with friends – helped the company increase sales by 4 per cent to £8.6billion in the year to June 30.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-3751845/Selfie-boom-gives-Estee-Lauder-reason-smile.html

I have seen people do "haul" videos. They buy a bunch of stuff in shops and hurry to make a video on it. Social media is allowing people to become more "show off" and attract the attention they want.

And people are buying things, so they can be more creative in ways you couldn't before. Who would have thought one could set up Hot Wheels racing contests? These men must have 1000+ Hot Wheels cars in this shed.

People get very excited about companies that make nothing but advertising space. :(

And people are buying things, so they can be more creative in ways you couldn't before. Who would have thought one could set up Hot Wheels racing contests? These men must have 1000+ Hot Wheels cars in this shed.

Which they would undoubtedly swap for 1 hot girl in their bed

Which they would undoubtedly swap for 1 hot girl in their bed

"Hot Wheels" is hardly a shedworthy hobby for a grown man! :o

For a lot of stuff I've bought I've done the usual unboxing videos. Over a couple of years that's pretty much paid for everything. Even the Tesla.

For a lot of stuff I've bought I've done the usual unboxing videos. Over a couple of years that's pretty much paid for everything. Even the Tesla.

The one I did at Nan's funeral did not go down well.