House Price Crash Forum

Htb Scheme Closing At The End Of The Year...

HOLA441

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/first-time-buyers-take-note-help-to-buy-scheme-closes-at-the-end-of-2016/story-29629108-detail/story.html

"First-time buyers take note: Help to Buy scheme closes at the end of 2016"

Are they trying to scare idiots into buying ?

Quick...before you miss out.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Am I missing something here? Has an announcement been made, or is this just a small media outlet stating old news? The scheme has been due to close at the end of 2016 since it was first implemented. Nothing has been brought forward or official statement has been made as far as I can see.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Castlemead's business strategy involved squeezing more units on to sites than other developers did, so they could bid higher prices for land. Once planning permission was granted and the land value shot up, Castlemead could then borrow to fund the cost of building homes.

So Hammond's building company was one of the most successful in creating Britain as a nation with tiny homes - the tiniest in europe if not the world.

It also helps to explain why the Conservatives have helped to build the fewest new homes a year since the economic collapse.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4415

Now please remind me again .... who are the people who REALLY benefit from all theses Help to Buy schemes .... ah I remember now, companies involved in land dealing and property development. So what will Hammond do about HtB? Is it A) scrap them all and really help B) continue 'helping'.

We could write to him/his spads just to remind them of his openly known business inerests. That way if he does the media can eviscerate him. I'll be looking forward to it.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Would be nice if it dies but it will be extended or some other scheme will be announced.

Until IRs are low the rich preserve their wealth through asset inflation. For any meaningful change/HPC to happen IRs need to go up. Don't know if any internal triggers will cause it? Brexit did not make it happen. May be an external event could trigger IR increase?

Edited by Fairyland

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

What happened to the 20% starter shoebox home discount scheme, weren't we supposed to be cracking the bubbly open for that one now? That runs until 2020 doesn't it, maybe the batonis passed to that once HTB kicks the bucket and this new one starts going? How to invent new ways to keep a ponzi going...