House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Htb Scheme Closing At The End Of The Year...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/first-time-buyers-take-note-help-to-buy-scheme-closes-at-the-end-of-2016/story-29629108-detail/story.html

"First-time buyers take note: Help to Buy scheme closes at the end of 2016"

Are they trying to scare idiots into buying ?

Quick...before you miss out.

FLS has nearly come to an end several times. it officially has just under 18 months to run now, so they've created something similar with a different name. Expect Hammond to unveil 'Aid to Buy' in the Autumn Budget...

If they do follow through and close it I imagine new build prices will drop like a stone ....

AIUI, this is Help to Buy part II, which covers all property. HTB part I, on newbuilds, is running until 2020.

Am I missing something here? Has an announcement been made, or is this just a small media outlet stating old news? The scheme has been due to close at the end of 2016 since it was first implemented. Nothing has been brought forward or official statement has been made as far as I can see.

i will watch with interest...whether they extend this cynical scheme or not will be a key signal of their commitment to the house price inflation project..

Castlemead's business strategy involved squeezing more units on to sites than other developers did, so they could bid higher prices for land. Once planning permission was granted and the land value shot up, Castlemead could then borrow to fund the cost of building homes.

So Hammond's building company was one of the most successful in creating Britain as a nation with tiny homes - the tiniest in europe if not the world.

It also helps to explain why the Conservatives have helped to build the fewest new homes a year since the economic collapse.

Edited by billybong

Now please remind me again .... who are the people who REALLY benefit from all theses Help to Buy schemes .... ah I remember now, companies involved in land dealing and property development. So what will Hammond do about HtB? Is it A) scrap them all and really help B) continue 'helping'.

We could write to him/his spads just to remind them of his openly known business inerests. That way if he does the media can eviscerate him. I'll be looking forward to it.

Would be nice if it dies but it will be extended or some other scheme will be announced.

Until IRs are low the rich preserve their wealth through asset inflation. For any meaningful change/HPC to happen IRs need to go up. Don't know if any internal triggers will cause it? Brexit did not make it happen. May be an external event could trigger IR increase?

Edited by Fairyland

....helping themselves......making out helping the ones who they are not helping at all.....but don't tell them that, let them believe that. ;)

What happened to the 20% starter shoebox home discount scheme, weren't we supposed to be cracking the bubbly open for that one now? That runs until 2020 doesn't it, maybe the batonis passed to that once HTB kicks the bucket and this new one starts going? How to invent new ways to keep a ponzi going...