House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barnsey

Countrywide Predict 1% Drop For 2017...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/22/house-prices-to-fall-1-in-2017-predicts-countrywide

...but then rise by the end of 2017 and into 2018 at a modest 2%.

So relax HPI loving Britain! ALL the uncertainty from Brexit will last just 6 months from triggering Article 50 in April...hmm....ooookkkk

Or is this a reluctant admission of a "real life" drop of at least 20% coming in the next year? I.E. Emperor's New Clothes scenario

Even if it is a 20% drop, then it still means housing is unaffordable. It's like 5 steps back (HPI), 1 step forward (20% drop). You're still 4 steps back, hardly a correction, but that's the way we see corrections these days.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

Does this affect sentiment? If you are told prices are going to drop 2% next year, why would you but in January. Surely most people would wait until the end of the year or at the very least try and negotiate that fall into the buying price?

Nothing will change with the current government and monetary policies. The only chance is Corbyn - scary.

Corbyn might do it but deep down I very much doubt it if there is a single politician out there with the courage and conviction to fix this. We'd need someone of the stature of Moses to come rescue us from these spiv scumbags.

Considering billions of pounds of housing 'wealth' and a stack load of EA jobs are on the line, what are their options?

Exactly, this is what gives me hope, for the UK's largest estate agency group to admit a price drop, albeit just 1% and for just 1 year (what else would they say of course), is a pretty important indicator of what is to come.

Haha, you are so right spunko. However I'm not scared anymore, I just find all the plate spinning funny now! Bring on Corbyn.

I'd struggle to vote for a party lead by a terrorist/Islamic sympathiser, even if house prices were likely to fall by 90% with him in charge, in all honesty.

Not Moses but it's TheLondonAgent.

Yet another attempt to keep the bubble inflated. 1% drop is nonsense, 1000's of properties in London for sale with discounts of upto 47% and no buyers in sight. Confidence in the market has diminished and several estate agents are holding back properties to limit supply.

https://profile.theguardian.com/user/id/16505634