House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will!

Blue Flag Beaches

http://www.blueflag.global/beaches2

A world-renowned eco-label trusted by millions around the globe, the Blue Flag programme is operated under the auspices of the Foundation for Environmental Education and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. In order to qualify for this prestigious award, a series of stringent environmental, educational, safety-related and access-related criteria must be met and maintained. Through close collaboration with our members on any and all issues they may have, the Foundation for Environmental Education works tirelessly to ensure the programme's expansion, and that the unrivalled standards of the Blue Flag are maintained internationally.

I find this map very useful for planning seaside holidays, especially overseas. Does anyone else use it?

I hope south queensferry has one I am swimming across the Forth in 3 weeks ffs !!

I hope south queensferry has one I am swimming across the Forth in 3 weeks ffs !!

Is the bridge blocked again? I admire getting your gran's shopping to Fife!

Is the bridge blocked again? I admire getting your gran's shopping to Fife!

I shall be towing a trolley !!

Presumably it's more an indication of whether somebody's paid the FEE (no pun intended).

I assume it costs money to get someone from FEE out to certify all the different beaches and provide their education program.

I might use it to determine water quality in the general area, but I'd be much less likely to use a blue flag beach, that is likely to be popular, than somewhere remote. I don't visit any of the blue flag beaches where I live, except in winter.

Presumably it's more an indication of whether somebody's paid the FEE (no pun intended).

I assume it costs money to get someone from FEE out to certify all the different beaches and provide their education program.

I think it's mostly paid by local authorities to increase tourism.

Blue friggin' Flag...?

I regularly swim off the North Sea coast near Hartlepool mate - the only thing turning blue that concerns me are my knackers...!

;)

XYY

:lol::lol::lol:

That would be a brown flag beach. :unsure:

Now that you mention it, I sometimes swim at a red flag beach.

That sounds, er, menstrual! :(