House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Scarecrows

I think they scare children more. Is that their purpose? Discuss. :blink:

I saw the world's leading scarecrow the other day. He was outstanding in his field.

I think they scare children more. Is that their purpose? Discuss. :blink:

Thought there might be something in this :

Worzel-Gummidge-as-played-007.jpg?w=300&

1639482280.jpg

then I remembered that scarecrows came first.

It looks like Mr Potato-Head. I particulalry approve of double-barreled names.

I am not sure crows are scared of these things.

These black bastards are too bloody clever! Now say that in Suid Afrikan eccent! :blink:

It looks like Mr Potato-Head. I particulalry approve of double-barreled names.

duh. even my cousin, thicky mc-thick knows there is a forename in the mix. Of course, we can all hear the HPC QI wannabees sagely agreeing with me, all "knowing" the character to be Mr Head. What is less well known is that Mr Potato Head is Japanese, so his surname is actually "Potato". And you can put away your wallet: I won't be charging for these pearls of wisdom.

duh. even my cousin, thicky mc-thick knows there is a forename in the mix. Of course, we can all hear the HPC QI wannabees sagely agreeing with me, all "knowing" the character to be Mr Head. What is less well known is that Mr Potato Head is Japanese, so his surname is actually "Potato". And you can put away your wallet: I won't be charging for these pearls of wisdom.

Potato is a surname in Japanese ?!

Potato is a surname in Japanese ?!

Absolutely.

Take for example Mao Potato (or as the Japanese would say, Potato Mao), a well known vendor of japanese tuberous salads..

We have scarecrow days in Dumfries and Galloway. The village dwellers of Torthorwald put scarecrows in their front gardens to be judged by anyone who wants to turn up.

Moffat likes to have sheep races in the high street and I've seen pictures of sheep with scarecrows as the jockey.

Palnackie is host to the World Flounder Tramping Championship and I wouldn't be surprised if a scarecrow turned up in the fancy dress parade there.

Seems to me the scarecrows here are just larking about and not scarring any crows!