House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

Priory Clinics Making A Fortune Out Of The Nhs.

Priory clinics are not being held to account for the way they treat NHS patients. Is this the privatisation of Mental Health treatment in England? If so, Priory should be made to answer FOI requests. It's the least they can do when they receive £450 million to treat NHS patients annually.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f4137eaa-60c2-11e6-bfbd-4ddc42c97769

I was shocked when my 15 year old niece (suicidal and cutting herself following a year of bullying) was admitted to the Priory in Southampton a few years ago. The Child and Adolescent unit was in the attic of a Victorian country house. A tinder box full of self destructive adolescents. Surely not a suitable place - dark and gloomy inside.

She has since recovered and is now a poised adult.

Dont know.

MY experience of the NHS is that most hospital/groups within it cannot manage the teams operating in the same ward/area.

The chances of the NHS caring or bothering to manage a 3rd party is pretty remote.

The NHS just does not hold many people to account. They are all special NHS flowers, who work for free and provide the best inthe world treatment.

The money all goes to CEOs pensions, instead of patients and nurses. It's a scam!

I was shocked when my 15 year old niece (suicidal and cutting herself following a year of bullying) was admitted to the Priory in Southampton a few years ago. The Child and Adolescent unit was in the attic of a Victorian country house. A tinder box full of self destructive adolescents. Surely not a suitable place - dark and gloomy inside.

My recollection of such an attic was tremendous fun.

She has since recovered and is now a poised adult.

No wonder you're p***ed off and want to hold them to account for such an outcome.

Ah, but celebs go to one of them so it must be great.

Having dealt with two of the local NHS non-exec directors I'm amazed that there isn't even more lunatic spending like that boob job woman who wanted to be a glamour model.

OK it's a very limited sample but one was thick as two short planks and the other was only interested in his expenses / stipend and noticeably asked at each board meeting two fairly pointless questions just so his name went in the minutes twice.

Very, very old news. The private sector has been providing (often not that great) care to those the Mental Health services can't handle for whatever reason for years. At HUGE expense.

Mental Health services in this country are occasionally excellent, often mediocre and sometimes frighteningly bad. The mentally ill are one of the few remaining groups in this country that it's still OK to openly stigmatise. But, hey, loonies don't vote, so screw 'em.

My recollection of such an attic was tremendous fun.

No wonder you're p***ed off and want to hold them to account for such an outcome.

Yes. She was much more like us before she was admitted.