House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tcrabb

Land Registry Information Missing

Looking to buy an end of terrace house. The vendor only purchased it back in early April this year (apparently she is old lady having trouble with stairs so wants to sell) and the Land Registry documents are not available to download. I really need these to check the status of the various shared pathways out the back and also the property boundaries.

On phoning the LR I asked why the documents are not there - they said there was a backlog and usually the records are updated in 60 days. Clearly it has been a lot longer than that already but she gave no information on when they would likely be available.

I don't want to get offer accepted only for the sale to get tied up with solicitor awaiting LR if the previous sale is still being processed by them in some way.

Is it even possible there is an issue with the deeds with solicitor from previous sale presented to LR e.g. her boundaries on deeds not matching neighbouring properties? Or if this was the case would that have halted the previous sale back in April?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks for the info.

Not even put offer in yet but want to avoid a long drawn out sales process in the event of LR not being ready for a new sale if still processing paperwork from last sale.

Also I really want to inspect title plan to see what rights/easments exist before eben putting offer in.

Very frustrating.

Newly dicovered non functional legs.

Thats a lousy excuse for wanting to dump a recently purchased house. i would run away, there is something wrong with it.

Edited by Peter Hun

Looking to buy an end of terrace house. The vendor only purchased it back in early April this year (apparently she is old lady having trouble with stairs so wants to sell) and the Land Registry documents are not available to download. I really need these to check the status of the various shared pathways out the back and also the property boundaries.

On phoning the LR I asked why the documents are not there - they said there was a backlog and usually the records are updated in 60 days. Clearly it has been a lot longer than that already but she gave no information on when they would likely be available.

I don't want to get offer accepted only for the sale to get tied up with solicitor awaiting LR if the previous sale is still being processed by them in some way.

Is it even possible there is an issue with the deeds with solicitor from previous sale presented to LR e.g. her boundaries on deeds not matching neighbouring properties? Or if this was the case would that have halted the previous sale back in April?

Any advice appreciated.

I've seen properties I know have changed hands several times suddenly appear in the LR with years of updates at a time. Also, if it was a repossession it will not appear in the land registry in case it gives a 'false picture' of the price. I know this as my house does not appear in the LR after 2008 and I bought it off as a repo in 2011 for considerably less than the price the BTL landlord paid. An EA trying to drum up letting agency business wrote a letter to the 'legal owner' clearly confident that it was still a BTL property last week. Pretty ignorant of them as they were one of the EAs that advertised it from 2010 to when I bought it at the end of 2011. I think the 60 days backlog is only on those that the solicitors have bothered to notify to the LR.