House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Women of HPC. Would you be happy with the basic model? :blink:

Men of HPC! Are you the "basic model" like CCC? Or would you prefer to be a gentleman? Discuss! :blink:

That would depend on the size of his...intellect.

Well it all comes from a discussion I had in a pub with some lady. We had our beer and she was looking at some bloke. I wondered what she was looking at and it was "man". It eats, shits, fights, and ******s! :huh:

Well it all comes from a discussion I had in a pub with some lady. We had our beer and she was looking at some bloke. I wondered what she was looking at and it was "man". It eats, shits, fights, and ******s! :huh:

You've been talking to women in pubs?

Are we not enough for you any more, Pin? :o

You've been talking to women in pubs?

Are we not enough for you any more, Pin? :o

Just a discussion. Like I can see "basic woman". It doesn't know much, but has a wet hole. "Basic just a man" is just as deficient. It's a **** with a loud mouth. I feel we have been lied to! People are better than that but I'm afraid these nude dating shows depress me!

I see c-o-c-k is a non word now. Thankyou 1984. :blink:

Just a discussion. Like I can see "basic woman". It doesn't know much, but has a wet hole. "Basic just a man" is just as deficient. It's a **** with a loud mouth. I feel we have been lied to! People are better than that but I'm afraid these nude dating shows depress me!

You've become such a charmer since you got that saxophone haven't you.

Learn to play the start of Careless Whisper and that bit from Baker Street and you'll have any bird you want, Pin!

But I see you managed to sneak some Anglo Saxon into the tag field.

I thought about just letting any (basic) man. It just wouldn't work for me. Men have to be more than the sum of their part.

Definitive male behaviour is train spotting.

In fact spotting in all its forms dominates masculine posters on HPC even on the Deluded Old Scrapper Birds thread.

Men just can't stop trying to organise things into classifications and then rank them on scales.

You see it everywhere from sex, to sport, to drink, to work, to music, films and TV.

In fact if you organise men and women in groups you will spot this immediately. Men nearly always have to sort out a hierarchy and allot roles in it before they function as a team.

In fact spotting in all its forms dominates masculine posters on HPC even on the Deluded Old Scrapper Birds thread.

Men just can't stop trying to organise things into classifications and then rank them on scales.

You see it everywhere from sex, to sport, to drink, to work, to music, films and TV.

Listen here, just because I'm a computer programmer who enjoys abstracting a problem and solving it doesn't mean I'm some sort of autistic freak who thinks that I can categorize wome....

.....aw sh*t :D

I thought about just letting any (basic) man. It just wouldn't work for me. Men have to be more than the sum of their part.

What? Renting one?

I'm a basic man these days. I've downgraded myself from Executive Man to Basic Man.

Its exactly this hunter gatherer/classification/ranking urge that games like WoW and more latterly Pokemon Go are tapping into.

Its why I studiously avoid such things, because I know my deep seated competitive urge will kick in and prevent me from simply enjoying taking part.

In fact if you organise men and women in groups you will spot this immediately. Men nearly always have to sort out a hierarchy and allot roles in it before they function as a team.

Yet it seems to be women's magazines that have quizzes that invite readers to obsessively rate themselves on any characterisitc on a scale of 1-100.

Ikea is a good test of a man.

On this test I fail miserably. Whilst a real man has a work bench to do flat packs, a garage full of tools, a monster ride on mower and the garden littered with barbeque accessories I just buy quality ready made furniture from the charity shop, seemingless do the lawn with a push mower in ten minutes in the time he is getting his monster ride on out and I can actually park my car in the garage. What all this pillocking about actually achieves, other than getting you out of the housework, God only knows.

On this test I fail miserably.

The thing about Ikea is that its essentially finely tuned psychological torture for men. A man likes to have a defined outcome from shopping, to go in knowing exactly what he wants and come out with it having endured the minimum hassle and contact with other human beings. When a couple go to Ikea by the time you are halfway through the maze the exposure to such a diversity of things you didnt know you needed until you saw it has the woman in a frenzy and the mans sense of purpose and order completely overwhelmed. Almost inevitable the man will at some point capitulate and tell his burd "look just buy whatever the f*** you want and lets get out of here".

Me and the missus only survive these trips because I'm granted a temporary licence to curtail her random browsing instincts using mild physical force where necessary. We also both understand that the intense irritation we feel for each other by the end of it is a temporary environment induced effect.

Ikea is a good test of a man.

Yes, just don't shop there!

But I see you managed to sneak some Anglo Saxon into the tag field.

Indeed, I'm surprised that got through! :unsure:

One on the hymns of the the Church of Pin!

I feel we have been lied to!

Whatever gender, we're both to blame and both at fault. Women profess to like qualities they don't, largely because they have no comprehension of those qualities.

Men either don't care what women want, or just suppose women want of men, what men want of themselves,

Either way, men ain't listening.

The familiar female request of "surprise me!" is revealing. It contains both falsehood, a superficial truth and a deeper truth. It's false because what it really means is "prove your attentiveness by reading my mind". It's superficially true because, having only ever lied about her desires to an effectively deaf partner, nothing would surprise her more than to be presented with something she finds appealling. And it's deeper truth comes from the woman's subconscious understanding that whatever the guy comes up with is really what he wants, and has nothing to do with her desires. So although it's a superficially doomed test, it's actually pretty effective. If the guy comes up trumps, who cares how? Subconsciously she knows both are getting what they want, no compromise. Moreover, he won't ever tire of pleasing himself.

So women like men who take control. Until they book the summer hols in Las Vegas to coincide with DEF CON.

Man:

I'm the important one in the household. I go out to work at an important job. I read the newspapers and keep abreast of current affairs and politics. My wife just does the little things; she decides where we live, which school the children go to, where and when we go on holiday, the clothes I wear and the food I eat, and what we spend our money on.

"Eats, sh*ts, fights and f_ucks"

So what's the difference between men and women?

Chest bumps and ample hips!