House Price Crash Forum

Tax Abuser Of The Week

dog

HOLA441

Last week erd wrote

£150K? I bet all those other chief executives of councils earning 100-120k are writing themselves pay rises as we speak!
Bulls eye!

Joint tax abuser of the week

Chief Executive Officer

Liverpool City Council

Merseyside

Circa £150k

The successful applicant should have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, capacity to lead and support others, a high level of competence in commercial and business management coordination combined with strong leadership skills.

Joint tax abuser of the week

Chief Executive

Wolverhampton City Council

West Midlands

£150,000

We're seeking an exceptional leader with the energy and vision to help us achieve four stars and build our reputation as one of the UK's most dynamic and progressive cities.

Most pointless job of the week

Director of Policy and Liaison

Academy for Sustainable Communities

Yorkshire & Humberside

£78,000

You will operate at the national and international level to ensure that a common vision is established across the range of relevant stakeholders on what constitutes sustainable communities and the skills requirement that underpin them.

Mass tax abuser of the week

(the last lot cannot have all resigned at the same time so most of these must be invented jobs)

£80K for everyone on the list

Assistant Director Young People and Community Learning - London Borough of Hounslow

Head of ICT - London Borough of Hounslow

Assistant Director Resources and Planning - London Borough of Hounslow

Assistant Director Housing Strategy and Services - London Borough of Hounslow

Assistant Director Partnerships and Commissioning - London Borough of Hounslow

Other tax abusers

Chief Executive

Fife Council

East Scotland

£135,847 plus benefits

A key early task will be to ensure the smooth transition from the present Council to the new Council in 2007 following the introduction of Proportional Representation. You will deepen the Council's commitment to the values of People.

Chief Executive

WEST OF SCOTLAND TRANSPORT PARTNERSHIPS

West Scotland

Circa £120,000

We are seeking an enthusiastic leader to provide the strategic direction of the Transport Partnership. This will be a challenging but rewarding role, involving the development of integrated transport policy and the delivery of strategic transport.

Corporate Director - Adult & Community Services

Durham County Council

Durham

£90k - £120k

It's a big job, covering adult social care and health, culture and leisure, adult learning and community safety. You would also work closely with our new Chief Executive on the overall strategic direction of the Council.

Director of Neighbourhood Services

Manchester City Council

Greater Manchester

£106,000 - £113,500 per annum

We're looking for someone who can complete the jigsaw. Someone with the exceptional experience and leadership skills that are needed to develop an integrated and co-ordinated strategic approach to neighbourhood service delivery in Manchester.

Director of Education and Children's Services

Reading Borough Council

Berkshire

£109,500 plus benefits

An experienced senior manager with strategic vision and exemplary leadership skills, you must have a strong track record within a multi-service organisation. You should also be able to build strong partnerships both internally and externally.

Chief Executive

Tribal Resourcing

£104,000

We seek a Chief Executive with the drive and leadership qualities to take us to a four star future. In this role, you will enable us to deliver first-rate services through proactive community engagement and partnership working.

Chief Executive

Burnley Borough Council

Lancashire

c.£100k

Ideas and courage will be as important as ever, and you must have the organisational and managerial ability to deliver results.

Executive Director of Corporate Services

North East Lincolnshire Council

Lincolnshire

£100,000

Your principal responsibilities will be to provide exceptional service through Finance, Procurement and IT and robust support to the front line services; Customer Services and Revenues and Benefits.

Chief Executive

Tribal Executive Resourcing

Gloucestershire

£100K

We are now seeking an inspirational leader to address these, balancing conservation with urban growth and enabling us to provide the best possible services across the town.

Director Operations

Kent County Council

Kent

circa £100k

This vital and very high profile role will be key to making sure we achieve this. To succeed, you'll need a comprehensive knowledge of all the issues surrounding social care and be able to prove significant successes in delivery.

Director Policy, Performance and Quality Assurance

Kent County Council

Kent

circa £100k

This vital and very high profile role will be key to making sure we achieve this. To succeed, you'll need a comprehensive knowledge of all the issues surrounding social care and be able to prove significant successes in delivery.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Just under £2m of top line crap this week alone, exc bonuses, pensions and expenses.

What interests me is the quality of the applicants for the jobs. My picture of the applicants is over-promoted social workers of limited intellect who would struggle to hold down a job in the real world. Probably worth about £30,000 tops for most of them.

Am I being unfair or is a "director of policy and liason" really worth £78,000 P/A? I can't even imagine what this job could entail and judging from the description neither does the employer.

HOLA444
Guest magnoliawalls

What interests me is the quality of the applicants for the jobs. My picture of the applicants is over-promoted social workers of limited intellect who would struggle to hold down a job in the real world. Probably worth about £30,000 tops for most of them.

Am I being unfair or is a "director of policy and liason" really worth £78,000 P/A? I can't even imagine what this job could entail and judging from the description neither does the employer.

You would get plenty of quality applicants for 30k.

I also wonder what the hiring criteria are - does it include being known to those who make the decisions?

HOLA445

That's about spot on, there was one on TV a couple of weeks back talking about some momentus £80m public arts folly they've built (typical Will Alsop telly tubby box), the whole building of this 'thing' was deemed as her own personal sucess, in fact the whole gist of the package was more about her than 'it'.

Apparently way back when she told her school teacher that she'd like to work in an embassy when she grew up and the teacher retorted "what are you going to do, scrub the steps?", this had a lasting impression on her but everything is ok now because she has a well paid public job and drives a new MINI Cooper. Much like an Estate Agent made good, in fact the border line between a parasitic EA and pointless public job seems very thin, both contribute little and involve copious amounts of lying and self-delusion.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA446
HOLA447