House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alba

So Called Economic Experts And World Economic Collapse

I have no expertise in economics, but I find the doom predictions of so called economic experts on Youtube and RT etc quite worrying.

I listen to what many of them say and I piece it together with the bits of knowledge and information that I do have and it scares me.

Are they correct about impending world economic collapse? Some are saying this will happen by the end of this year possibly beginning of next.

Is it all hot air? What do you think?

I have no expertise in economics, but I find the doom predictions of so called economic experts on Youtube and RT etc quite worrying.

I listen to what many of them say and I piece it together with the bits of knowledge and information that I do have and it scares me.

Are they correct about impending world economic collapse? Some are saying this will happen by the end of this year possibly beginning of next.

Its be impending since 2007. Govts and CBs have done all kinds since then to their success.

It will all collapse only if a loss of faith in the $ occurs.

This is only my take on it and i my well be speaking total claptrap.

Think the worst then everything else is a bonus....Hygge. ;)

Hygge.

I just heard that word on my wireless for the first time.

My reaction is WTF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH FFS.

I can get through life without hygge.

Think the worst then everything else is a bonus....Hygge. ;)

Yes, but if think the worst then I have to prepare for the worst! Do I buy dollars, gold, cans of beans or whatever? :unsure:

Yes, but if think the worst then I have to prepare for the worst! Do I buy dollars, gold, cans of beans or whatever? :unsure:

Hugs.....and no fear....

Just who calls these so-called experts expert in the first place? To me they've probably talked themselves up and know little more than you or me. So there. ?

They love portraying doom and gloom but when it's all triggered off speculation, panic, misjudgment and so on, instead of anything actually real (volcanic eruption causing crops to die, asteroid hitting the Earth, that sort of thing) it's probably not that much to worry about. One effect of tying everything to such an economic obsession is that if it all does go belly up no-one will be able to afford to go to war anyway, which would otherwise be the biggest risk.

They love portraying doom and gloom but when it's all triggered off speculation, panic, misjudgment and so on, instead of anything actually real (volcanic eruption causing crops to die, asteroid hitting the Earth, that sort of thing) it's probably not that much to worry about. One effect of tying everything to such an economic obsession is that if it all does go belly up no-one will be able to afford to go to war anyway, which would otherwise be the biggest risk.

I concur. ?

off topic but............ that's a blast from the past, great band :)

Thanks for that. It took me back to the days of my youth when trousers were tight and men had nothing to hide. ?

If you mean Carney / Osborne / the FT well they are all sulking because their warnings of economic catastrophe were ignored in the Brexit vote so the FT is trying to talk down the UK economy, Carney is trying to destroy the currency, and Osborne has switched to roll-ups to save money.

Most YouTube "Doom & Gloom" people are either financially illiterate or straight up scam artists based on my interactions with them. I know a lot of them quite well.

That said, there is an air of truth to what they say, the problem is most overhype and try to tie every current event together in order to boost their content when in reality it is a slow grind down that doesn't take much time to explain. These guys on YouTube make ties where there are none in order to create a steady stream of videos thus ensuring a steady stream of income for themselves.

Do not worry too much about it, there is nothing you can do to change it. I'm not qualified to offer advice but I can tell you what I have been doing this past 7 years to put myself in a better position for when the power shifts. Firstly I got financially literate, this involved hanging around with Bankers and Traders to get a grip of how the financial world works and how it affects politics and everyday lives. Secondly I learned to invest for myself (and in myself) to reduce my dependence on institutions for things such as retirement. Thirdly I began making the effort to become more independent and self reliant i.e learning to fix things around the house without having to call a handyman or such. I also took more interest in my health and changed my diet for the better and I started working out.

In the end you need to feel that you can count on your ability to tackle any challenge that comes your way. These YouTube guys may succeed in highlighting the problems facing the world but if you hang around them too long you are going to find yourself feeling quite down. Instead, once you know the problems you jsut have to take your own steps to better yourself so that hopefully you are not that affected when if/when it (collapse, war, etc) comes around. Also, please don't let it stop you from living your life. Yes, things may bad tomorrow, but today is a good day and should be enjoyed as such.

Most YouTube "Doom & Gloom" people are either financially illiterate or straight up scam artists based on my interactions with them. I know a lot of them quite well.

That said, there is an air of truth to what they say, the problem is most overhype and try to tie every current event together in order to boost their content when in reality it is a slow grind down that doesn't take much time to explain. These guys on YouTube make ties where there are none in order to create a steady stream of videos thus ensuring a steady stream of income for themselves.

Do not worry too much about it, there is nothing you can do to change it. I'm not qualified to offer advice but I can tell you what I have been doing this past 7 years to put myself in a better position for when the power shifts. Firstly I got financially literate, this involved hanging around with Bankers and Traders to get a grip of how the financial world works and how it affects politics and everyday lives. Secondly I learned to invest for myself (and in myself) to reduce my dependence on institutions for things such as retirement. Thirdly I began making the effort to become more independent and self reliant i.e learning to fix things around the house without having to call a handyman or such. I also took more interest in my health and changed my diet for the better and I started working out.

In the end you need to feel that you can count on your ability to tackle any challenge that comes your way. These YouTube guys may succeed in highlighting the problems facing the world but if you hang around them too long you are going to find yourself feeling quite down. Instead, once you know the problems you jsut have to take your own steps to better yourself so that hopefully you are not that affected when if/when it (collapse, war, etc) comes around. Also, please don't let it stop you from living your life. Yes, things may bad tomorrow, but today is a good day and should be enjoyed as such.

Great advice. Thanks.

Despite all sorts of factors experts, or claimed experts, might quote,It all relies on faith and faith is only lost when an event occurs to trigger the loss of faith.

Although many people may fundamentally suspect there is some funny business going on with the economy, even those people still go about their business normally. When the banks went, and faith was lost, there were queues of people struggling to get their money out.

Now the state has stepped in, and underpinned everything, it will continue until faith is lost in the state. In Russia's economic crisis of the nineties the first sign/trigger was the state paying army pensions, instead of weekly, every other week, I believe.

In this country you are probably not going to see any loss of faith in property until civil unrest amongst the priced out forces the government to make banks take a harder line on repossessions and stop extend and pretend as well as the various other state sanctioned measures of funnelling money to overstretched homeowners.

I kind of believed in this stuff and was thinking about selling late 2016.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-30/global-financial-crisis-coming-%E2%80%93-japan-warns-%E2%80%9Clehman-scale%E2%80%9D-crisis-g7

I looked at shares back until 2008 / 2009 crisis and all of them where affected badly. Russia, India, BHP, National Grid, South America you name it. It seemed none where immune.

Steadying comments.

I would say I am fairly self reliant and have a range of practical skills which I have developed over a number of years. However, when I listen to the predictions of these so called experts I worry that we are heading towards a Venezuelan or similar type outcome. If they are correct then that is going to be a very difficult situation to prepare for, particularly if this comes to what we regard as a more stable country and financial environment. Perhaps I worry too much and give too much credence to these'experts'.

Steadying comments.

I would say I am fairly self reliant and have a range of practical skills which I have developed over a number of years. However, when I listen to the predictions of these so called experts I worry that we are heading towards a Venezuelan or similar type outcome. If they are correct then that is going to be a very difficult situation to prepare for, particularly if this comes to what we regard as a more stable country and financial environment. Perhaps I worry too much and give too much credence to these'experts'.

I think you do. Venezuela was a created disaster caused by Chavez assuming the oil money would keep flowing.

The UK has a strong and very diversified economy that has evolved over centuries and, in the absence of central planning, continues to evolve. Companies are, in general, allowed to be taken over or wound up when they have outlived their usefulness and the markets have changed.

There is a problem of excessive personal and public debt being propped up by ludicrous interest rates which needs to start being unwound in a measured fashion. Carney is the worst man to do that so should be sacked tomorrow.

Well, Even Osborn is learning to use an AK47 according to today's news.

As for Black Swan events, I have just read that they are releasing 100 water voles into the wild in Yorkshire. Expect the entire UK ecosystem to break down.