House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Porsche Cayenne Driver Risking Head On Collision To Pick Up Husband From Pub

Unf#ckingbelievable! :o

Moment Porsche driver wearing slippers 'narrowly avoids causing a head-on smash after overtaking on a blind bend while rushing to pick up her husband from the pub'

The driver of the Porsche should get a life-time driving ban for that!

This was near Brid, inthe wolds.

A day earlier another Porsche driver mnaged to kill a kid on he York ringroad. The kid was in a stationary car.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/terrifying-dashcam-footage-of-woman-driving-porsche-in-her-slippers-overtaking-on-blind-bend-near-bridlington-1-8071415

Apparently she always overtakes at the spot - no matter what.

Stupid fcking bitch.

He said: “The Porsche driver told me she thought she was going to die. She was shaking like a leaf and on the edge of crying as she knew she had done wrong. She was hugging the Citroen driver and was apologetic. She did tell me she always overtakes at that spot though. She said she was picking her husband up from the pub and was wearing a pair of slippers. It’s no excuse to be overtaking on a blind bend.”
From comment:
'I travel this road twice daily and i expected to read something about this woman in the papers before now but something a lot more fatal. Its not the first time she drove like an idiot and it won't be the last. Its a very recognisable car in the area and I myself have had cause to nearly piddle myself at an overtake she did on me going past Thorpe Hall woods.'

This was near Brid, inthe wolds.

A day earlier another Porsche driver mnaged to kill a kid on he York ringroad. The kid was in a stationary car.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/terrifying-dashcam-footage-of-woman-driving-porsche-in-her-slippers-overtaking-on-blind-bend-near-bridlington-1-8071415

Apparently she always overtakes at the spot - no matter what.

Stupid fcking bitch.

He said: The Porsche driver told me she thought she was going to die. She was shaking like a leaf and on the edge of crying as she knew she had done wrong. She was hugging the Citroen driver and was apologetic. She did tell me she always overtakes at that spot though. She said she was picking her husband up from the pub and was wearing a pair of slippers. Its no excuse to be overtaking on a blind bend.

From comment:

'I travel this road twice daily and i expected to read something about this woman in the papers before now but something a lot more fatal. Its not the first time she drove like an idiot and it won't be the last. Its a very recognisable car in the area and I myself have had cause to nearly piddle myself at an overtake she did on me going past Thorpe Hall woods.'

There are a very small number of people who always drive like this. A mate used to work with one who overtook him on some stupid bend on the way in, he mentioned it at work and they practically all had been overtaken by the same bloke; he was notorious for it.

This was a fast-driving middle aged man rather than an inexperienced woman driver in slippers. You just have to hope the police or a dash cam catch them and see them banned before the inevitable happens.

They either don't realise how risky their driving is (the woman in the OP) or with the case I mentioned didn't seem to care.

The only common factor bar the stupid risks was both driving high performance cars.

That could so easily have been multiple deaths. So she was concerned about her own life but not others?

Oddly enough, there is a white Porsche Cayenne, driven by a lady driver, near me that has driven past me more than a tad too close, whilst at speed, recently when I have been out cycling. They are so big that I suspect the drivers just think that they can barge others off the road.

Robert Lindsay described his BMW X5 as a "tank with airbags" and I think that's the mentality: coming through, out of the way small car people.

It's not about money, I have known some very rich people with superb cars who are the most courteous drivers, it's about the sort of person who feels the need for those very big, very fast cars.

And it's usually Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5. I see a fair few Range Rovers for example, I saw an Overfinch last week, and their owners don't seem to feel the need for tailgating or mad overtaking, they just tend to go very quick on DCs and motorways.

I had exactly that situation a couple of years ago, idiot woman in an Audi TT. I was in the position of the white car coming the other way, i.e. the one about to be the recipient of a head on collision.

I'm pretty sure she was racing with a bloke in another car in front of her. I came round a corner onto a medium length straight. The bloke overtook the car coming the other way with a fair amount of space. The woman behind him deliberated for a while, then for some bizarre reason just went for it. I was flashing my lights from way back but she just gripped the wheel and kept coming.

Luckily both me and the bloke she was trying to overtake managed to get into our respective verges, and she just squeezed between the two of us. As it all goes in slow motion, I could see she was utterly shitting herself - so why not just brake and pull back in you ******ing nutter?

I was seriously tempted to turn around and go after her, but I'm glad I didn't - I honestly don't know what I would have done if I had.

Serious question:

What do the Police do / what are they supposed to do when they get handed footage like this one?

Arrest the person.

Happens with blokes on motorbikes, posted vids of them doing 120mpb down the mway.

I had exactly that situation a couple of years ago, idiot woman in an Audi TT. I was in the position of the white car coming the other way, i.e. the one about to be the recipient of a head on collision.

I'm pretty sure she was racing with a bloke in another car in front of her. I came round a corner onto a medium length straight. The bloke overtook the car coming the other way with a fair amount of space. The woman behind him deliberated for a while, then for some bizarre reason just went for it. I was flashing my lights from way back but she just gripped the wheel and kept coming.

Luckily both me and the bloke she was trying to overtake managed to get into our respective verges, and she just squeezed between the two of us. As it all goes in slow motion, I could see she was utterly shitting herself - so why not just brake and pull back in you ******ing nutter?

I was seriously tempted to turn around and go after her, but I'm glad I didn't - I honestly don't know what I would have done if I had.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-05-26/horrifying-dashcam-footage-shows-crash-which-left-two-little-girls-paralysed/

I had a similar incident last week. An oncoming car pulled out to overtake when there was clearly not enough room to do it. I had to brake pretty heavily to avoid a head-on collision as did the car they were overtaking. I had nowhere to go with a hedge to my left. Did they not see me? I was driving a 7 seat van nearly 2 metres high with a large roofbox on top. These people need locking up.

I am seriously considering a dashcam now.

The driver of the Porsche should get a life-time driving ban for that!

Agreed, should be a lifetime driving ban. Her deliberate decision created a situation which would have resulted in multiple deaths/serious injuries were it not for the evasive actions taken by the other drivers.

I wonder how many lifetime driving bans are handed out per year in the UK. It's probably at least a factor of 100 less than it should be.

Agreed, should be a lifetime driving ban. Her deliberate decision created a situation which would have resulted in multiple deaths/serious injuries were it not for the evasive actions taken by the other drivers.

I wonder how many lifetime driving bans are handed out per year in the UK. It's probably at least a factor of 100 less than it should be.

As somebody who's never been allowed to drive on the basis that I'm probably not safe to do so (my vision is just below the arbitrary threshold) I'm astounded that people who are demonstrably unsafe are not banned after causing terrible accidents because of excuses like "they need to drive for work".

It's utterly mental.

Yes it's all about mortgages and not financially ruining people the same reason that despite the figures showing some 40%+ of drivers are testing positive for drug driving the Police are not (have been directed?) out nicking people for it and improving road safety.

They have had plenty of experince now to know the scale of it.

40% of people roadside tested are

Yes it's all about mortgages and not financially ruining people the same reason that despite the figures showing some 40%+ of drivers are testing positive for drug driving the Police are not (have been directed?) out nicking people for it and improving road safety.

They have had plenty of experince now to know the scale of it.

I think you mean 40% of people roadside tested are shown to be drug drivers, not 40% of drivers, just those that have had a reason to be roadside tested?

40% of people roadside tested are

I think you mean 40% of people roadside tested are shown to be drug drivers, not 40% of drivers, just those that have had a reason to be roadside tested?

Yes sorry i meant 40% of those stopped and tested. (i think its 43% v 10% booze)

This includes summer / xmas crackdowns where random roadside testing is carried out not just pulling someone for weaving around or moving off too slowly etc

It is quite apparent that if random roadside testing was carried out countrywide then a hell of alot of people would be facing a drug driving ban.

She always overtakes there? People that bloody stupid shouldn't be out in public unsupervised, let alone behind the wheel. They clearly have no functioning brain whatsoever, the only question is how the hell does anyone grow up so completely and utterly unfit to exist in the real world. Up until the "always overtakes there" there was always a chance of it being down to a momentary bit of insanity (who hasn't had a "why on earth did I do that?" moment, although even then you've got to be a pretty hopeless excuse for a human being to do something that stupid), but for it to be routine just beggars belief.

Unfortunately there seem to be an awful lot of such people. Lifetime ban not just from driving but from anything with even a hint of responsibility until she can clearly demonstrate that she's learned what her brain is for.

Any way to come up with a reliable driving test that can check whether the person being tested has fundamentally the right attitude to drive?

She always overtakes there? People that bloody stupid shouldn't be out in public unsupervised, let alone behind the wheel. They clearly have no functioning brain whatsoever, the only question is how the hell does anyone grow up so completely and utterly unfit to exist in the real world. Up until the "always overtakes there" there was always a chance of it being down to a momentary bit of insanity (who hasn't had a "why on earth did I do that?" moment, although even then you've got to be a pretty hopeless excuse for a human being to do something that stupid), but for it to be routine just beggars belief.

Unfortunately there seem to be an awful lot of such people. Lifetime ban not just from driving but from anything with even a hint of responsibility until she can clearly demonstrate that she's learned what her brain is for.

Any way to come up with a reliable driving test that can check whether the person being tested has fundamentally the right attitude to drive?

Whilst walking in my road, I try to avoid doing it when the "mums" are on the school run...they dont care about steel against flesh, its their getting to the school gates without having to walk too far that is their priority...oncoming walkers and traffic had better watch out.

As somebody who's never been allowed to drive on the basis that I'm probably not safe to do so (my vision is just below the arbitrary threshold) I'm astounded that people who are demonstrably unsafe are not banned after causing terrible accidents because of excuses like "they need to drive for work".

It's utterly mental.

Yes, a doctor whose poor judgement nearly killed 3+ healthy people would lose their medical licence for life. A driving licence also gives the holder power of life and death over others and should be treated similarly.

The roads are the last vestige of Victorian-style health and safety. Near misses are not consistently reported or investigated and tens of thousands of killed/seriously injured per year (a high proportion of whom are pedestrians and/or children) are shrugged off as the price of progress. It could be much safer but there is huge cultural inertia and resistance.

Yes, a doctor whose poor judgement nearly killed 3+ healthy people would lose their medical licence for life. A driving licence also gives the holder power of life and death over others and should be treated similarly.

The roads are the last vestige of Victorian-style health and safety. Near misses are not consistently reported or investigated and tens of thousands of killed/seriously injured per year (a high proportion of whom are pedestrians and/or children) are shrugged off as the price of progress. It could be much safer but there is huge cultural inertia and resistance.

& Drugs

This was a fast-driving

This has nothing whatsoever to do with speed.

I drive fast but decision making is key. The large majority of accidents are caused by poor decisions not speed - eg. the video above, overtaking on a bend, overtaking on a blind hill, overtaking on a blind corner, not looking at junctions, generally being stupid etc etc.

Some people just have staggeringly poor decision-making ability. The speed is irrelevant. If you overtake someone at 30 mph on a blind bend you will still have a very serious accident if someone is coming the other way at 30-40.

Not really, it's more a case of it being the one thing everyone does that's potentially very dangerous if you're a complete and utter cretin, which makes it impossible to manage with the control freak nanny state drivel that makes up modern Britain (although since modern Britain abhors personal responsibility and ever having to think about anything that probably makes it even worse).

To be honest even with these dreadful drivers around the roads really aren't that risky.

When it comes to killed and seriously injured it would be interesting to know what the figures are if you remove those after a Darwin award.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with speed.

I drive fast but decision making is key. The large majority of accidents are caused by poor decisions not speed - eg. the video above, overtaking on a bend, overtaking on a blind hill, overtaking on a blind corner, not looking at junctions, generally being stupid etc etc.

Some people just have staggeringly poor decision-making ability. The speed is irrelevant. If you overtake someone at 30 mph on a blind bend you will still have a very serious accident if someone is coming the other way at 30-40.

If she was going more slowly and just not overtaken it wouldn't have happened.