House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
benjamin

Micro-economics

Both sectors reported a fall in orders from overseas markets - with manufacturing reporting its largest fall for two and a half years.

Export sales for both sectors continued to decline with manufacturing experiencing its largest drop for over two years.

Property booms raise prices and kill jobs, simple as that.

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle2.asp...ticleID=1319778

leeds is the place where there have been huge building projects undertaken and hundreds/ thousands of yuppie flats thrown up near the river/ canal.

and built huge volumes of new office space to the South and West of the City Centre. Whoops.

I gather that Leeds used to be pretty awful back in the 80s... Bradfordesque in fact. Perhaps it will soon return to those days, and the last ten years will seem like a Bacchanalian blip

I love the huge development of 2 Bed Yuppie flats in Leeds near the centre where from 1 side all you can see is a massive concrete Council Tower Block literally 20 yards from your window, having your £200k apartment stared into by some stoned Dole Mole on the 20th floor who probably has rooms bigger than yours, whilst you bend your partner over your designer 'Conran' Kitchen - just to remind you you're in the same inner city shoebox as them, but that you're paying £1000 a month for the privilege, and they're getting 'Loft Living' for free..

And on the other side you get to Stare at the Monstrosity that is the Halifax Head office building, and get reminded exactly where all that hard earned cash has gone...

Oh, the Irony!!! :D

Edited by spuggy

I love the huge development of 2 Bed Yuppie flats in Leeds near the centre where from 1 side all you can see is a massive concrete Council Tower Block literally 20 yards from your window, having your £200k apartment stared into by some stoned Dole Mole on the 20th floor who probably has rooms bigger than yours, whilst you bend your partner over your designer 'Conran' Kitchen - just to remind you you're in the same inner city shoebox as them, but that you're paying £1000 a month for the privilege, and they're getting 'Loft Living' for free..

And on the other side you get to Stare at the Monstrosity that is the Halifax Head office building, and get reminded exactly where all that hard earned cash has gone...

Oh, the Irony!!! :D

Like your style spuggy. I visited one of the "Lovell Park" blocks of council flats before Christmas. I had to wade through a sea of rotting vegetation to get to the side of the building.

Like your style spuggy. I visited one of the "Lovell Park" blocks of council flats before Christmas. I had to wade through a sea of rotting vegetation to get to the side of the building.

ah, Little London <sigh> what memories it holds.

those new developments there are a sham for sure. I remember when they first went up and I imagined how resentful it would make the indigenous folk... but eventually, the beemers and mercs failed to appear and the place seemed destined to the same fate as it's brethren across the way.

ah, Little London <sigh> what memories it holds.

those new developments there are a sham for sure. I remember when they first went up and I imagined how resentful it would make the indigenous folk... but eventually, the beemers and mercs failed to appear and the place seemed destined to the same fate as it's brethren across the way.

Took a wrong turn out out town the other day and ended up round there...I cannot see anyone sane having a look at the area in daytime and paying the sums they are asking.

Anyone looked at the ones going up literally directly on top of the inner ring road near the LGI and make sense of that?

Perhaps we lack 'vision.'..?