House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

Anyone Uber Or Air B N B? Might Need Either/or

Car needs to stay overnight for a repair & basically there are no trains/buses home or back to work in the morning; there are but it's 3hrs sommat for a 17 mile journey, go all round the houses..anyway.

I have two options & I can't be bothered reading t&c's so hoping someone here will know & I'll check back later:

1. Uber a cab home & back in the morning.

What's the scoop with this? What's a 17 mile trip going to cost me & how easy is it to setup? Am i going to get spammed etc for weeks afterwards?

2. As for air b n b. I think a room will be £20ish for the night. I can put up with it for one night but ditto for privacy. I think the last time I looked at abb it was asking for a passport or something for security? What info do they want? Is it like a hotel? i.e. I pay you paypal, I stay for a night.

Car needs to stay overnight for a repair & basically there are no trains/buses home or back to work in the morning; there are but it's 3hrs sommat for a 17 mile journey, go all round the houses..anyway.

I have two options & I can't be bothered reading t&c's so hoping someone here will know & I'll check back later:

1. Uber a cab home & back in the morning.

What's the scoop with this? What's a 17 mile trip going to cost me & how easy is it to setup? Am i going to get spammed etc for weeks afterwards?

2. As for air b n b. I think a room will be £20ish for the night. I can put up with it for one night but ditto for privacy. I think the last time I looked at abb it was asking for a passport or something for security? What info do they want? Is it like a hotel? i.e. I pay you paypal, I stay for a night.

No spamming on Uber it is just a taxi service odd promo mail, how much it costs is dependant on where you and what time of day you can get an estimate within app

ABB not like hotel ie you are generally in a private house your choice whether you want your suppliers company or not some people rent out room some whole flats

For Uber you should check how many drivers they have in the area you'll need. You can just register on the app and scroll to see. Lots of the UK has no coverage.

Ditto what Greg said on AirBnB. They try to screen both sides of the transaction - financially you only deal with AirBnB but in terms of what you get it's all down to the hosts.

Is you area covered by Uber? I personally think it's is a very good service, much better than normal taxis, and also starting to become noticeably cheaper in 'no surge times'.

However if you are using it in a busy period is more (usually about the price of a normal mini cab). also use s combination for the distance traveled and the time taken for billing. So it could get expensive if you are stuck in s traffic jam (unlike a normal mini cab which should only charge for distance)

I do not like the idea of airbnb, as I don't like normal bnb's!