HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I read somewhere on Guido that he's getting dual-nationality passports for his children.

If their mother is German they are entitled to dual nationality anyway. They can have a UK or German passport or both.

Not sure what the fuss is about - bar another excuse from sore loser remainers to criticise him.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Since when has he been anti-European? He's anti-EU, a completely different thing.

His vision of britain's relationship with the rest of europe may well deny freedom of movement to everyone in this country who doesn't have dual nationality

But his kids will be okay

I find it hypocritical

If you don't, I presume you are cool with Diane Abbott sending her son to a private school?

HOLA4419

How is it hypocritical ?! That's ridiculous !!

Freedom of movement for someone of dual nationality has ZERO to do with the EU and everything to do with the two countries in question.

And if one of those countries means you are classed as a member of the EU and can move between the member states then so be it.

HOLA4420

If you don't, I presume you are cool with Diane Abbott sending her son to a private school?

That's exactly the comparison that occurred to me as well.

However, exactly what he was doing there is a matter of speculation, and I (reluctantly) suppose he does have a right to privacy.

HOLA4421

How is it hypocritical ?! That's ridiculous !!

Freedom of movement for someone of dual nationality has ZERO to do with the EU and everything to do with the two countries in question.

And if one of those countries means you are classed as a member of the EU and can move between the member states then so be it.

Exactly. I voted Leave and my wife is French. My eldest child used to hold a French passport. If I could be bothered spending all day at the French embassy (probably more than one day) we would happily get all the children French passports since they are (or at least were) cheaper. Sadly French bureaucracy is such that they can't do things via the internet or even good old fashioned post. No, instead you have to queue in person and navigate the most cumbersome and pointless bureaucracy imaginable to get a passport. They won't even post them out to you afterwards but make you come back in person to collect them at huge expense and inconvenience. They're sh1t basically.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Exactly. I voted Leave and my wife is French. My eldest child used to hold a French passport. If I could be bothered spending all day at the French embassy (probably more than one day) we would happily get all the children French passports since they are (or at least were) cheaper. Sadly French bureaucracy is such that they can't do things via the internet or even good old fashioned post. No, instead you have to queue in person and navigate the most cumbersome and pointless bureaucracy imaginable to get a passport. They won't even post them out to you afterwards but make you come back in person to collect them at huge expense and inconvenience. They're sh1t basically.

LOL

Fck everyone else

and for the record, I have dual citizenship also

HOLA4424

LOL

Fck everyone else

and for the record, I have dual citizenship also

I could get an Irish passport if I wanted. My mother has one since the were free for pensioners at one tine (may still be).

The option is open to anyone married to or descended from a foreigner. There's no hypocrisy involved. It has nothing to do with the referendum.

HOLA4425

Archived