House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

June Land Reg Out (Aug 16)

Repossessions are low and not up to date.

Forbearance is theft. In what world is it fair for someone who can't afford a house to outbid someone who can and then be allowed to keep it when they default.

Look at section 4 - prices for newbuilds vs prices for existing properties.

Newbuild prices down everywhere between May and June, a 4.6% fall across England.

We need a new injection of HTB, current level not enough!

We need a new injection of HTB, current level not enough!

Now I wanna see them justify that - house prices going down surely helpful enough on their own :rolleyes: ?

Repossessions are low and not up to date.

Forbearance is theft. In what world is it fair for someone who can't afford a house to outbid someone who can and then be allowed to keep it when they default.

+17.4 million

South Bucks is 44 transactions.

Slough, which is in South Bucks, is +24.6%

Slough is about 149 000 people, or somewhere in the 1000s of homes (at an average of 3.5 people per home that is about 42 000 homes - a real guess).

So just a few sales (somewhere around about the "1 in 1000" or something in that range of the ridiculous) shows a change of that size. Real meaningful.

Wow. This data is really reliable! #Sarcasm

Edited by Aidan Ap Word

Barking and Dagenham 19.3 :o

Yes - £350k for a house in Dagenham these days. Even bankers will be priced out of there soon. Back in 2002 you could probably have bought six houses there for that sum.

Edited by MARTINX9

Back in 2002 you could probably have bought six houses there for that sum.

A BTL wet dream. And that's the problem, they'll just keep loading up on debt and buying and buying and buying until HPC comes along and gouges out their eyeballs. No other remedy...

And what really pisses me off is if you talk to just about any highly leveraged BTL landlord what would they do if the property market plummeted and they were left with huge debts, normally with a big smile they will tell you "I will just walk away".

Every single one that I've ever spoken to usually says there won't be a crash and if there is then I'll just buy lots more cheap property (cue Mr. Burns laugh). No need to unpick that one.