House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Blue Badge + Double Yellow Lines

Which fcktard thought that allowing a cars with a blue badge park on on double yellows was a good idea?

I've just seen another FB post on blue badge cars parked all up a double yellow street.

The yellow lines are there as its narrow.

Does not stop the cripples from parking on the pavement either.

It does not help in that these are all new top end motability cars, all parked up a street with poor residents.

(Its by the sea side)

Solutions?

- Ban blue badges from parking on yellows - ever or for more than 30 minutes.

Which fcktard thought that allowing a cars with a blue badge park on on double yellows was a good idea?

I've just seen another FB post on blue badge cars parked all up a double yellow street.

It does not help in that these are all new top end motability cars, all parked up a street with poor residents.

(Its by the sea side)

Solutions?

Hi spy,

Guess you are discussing tord spot here. Don't know where to start in response

1) 'cripples' you say. I see these cars being parked up and the occupants running across the road

2) yes, why have parking restrictions because itnisveither dangerous not to do so, or it hinders the progress of others AND then decide it is OK for some to park on said lines.

I honestly don't know how these people get blue badges. I only managed to get my mum, who really could not walk, one six months prior to her passing. My uncle, now 72 and genuinely disabled from birth only got one a year ago. And neither abused the privilege of having one

No. Double yellows were put in places where 'they' don't want you to park and can make £££s out of fines. The rules blue badge holders have to obey are on the accompanying booklet. One of them is not to cause an obstruction.

Yes, I have a blue badge since the stroke. I have to give up and go home if I can't park near enough. Not everyone with a blue badge is a cripple. Some just risk a serious heart event if they exert themselves and most, including myself, would give almost anything not to need one.

No. Double yellows were put in places where 'they' don't want you to park and can make £££s out of fines. The rules blue badge holders have to obey are on the accompanying booklet. One of them is not to cause an obstruction.

Yes, I have a blue badge since the stroke. I have to give up and go home if I can't park near enough. Not everyone with a blue badge is a cripple. Some just risk a serious heart event if they exert themselves and most, including myself, would give almost anything not to need one.

In Whitby, N Yorks, where I think Spy is talking about, double yellow lines are open season for those with a blue badge. So much so, the local council are putting out cones to say "really, please do not park here"

Hi spy,

Guess you are discussing tord spot here. Don't know where to start in response

1) 'cripples' you say. I see these cars being parked up and the occupants running across the road

2) yes, why have parking restrictions because itnisveither dangerous not to do so, or it hinders the progress of others AND then decide it is OK for some to park on said lines.

I honestly don't know how these people get blue badges. I only managed to get my mum, who really could not walk, one six months prior to her passing. My uncle, now 72 and genuinely disabled from birth only got one a year ago. And neither abused the privilege of having one

Yep.

There's a couple of posts where its obvious.

One - up the Ropery. How i fcksake is someone with a a disabiliy meant to get down the Green lane and into town - esp. as the road is blocked with other Bluebadges half parked on the pavement.

Two - down the side of the COOP. There needs constant access there with the buses + boatyard.

What really winds up is that theres a car park adjacent. If its full then drive home, like everyone else has too.

Yep.

There's a couple of posts where its obvious.

One - up the Ropery. How i fcksake is someone with a a disabiliy meant to get down the Green lane and into town - esp. as the road is blocked with other Bluebadges half parked on the pavement.

Two - down the side of the COOP. There needs constant access there with the buses + boatyard.

What really winds up is that theres a car park adjacent. If its full then drive home, like everyone else has too.

New Quay road is the one that gets me. Yes, all very near car parks with disabled bays, but they all charge....

Sorry for the word cripple bossy.

Its just this year has been horrendous.

There's a get out saying 'do not cause an obstruction'

Trying - and failing - to copy photos out of FB.

My dad, who died two years ago now, was absolutely crippled by arthritis for the last 5 years of his life, he was absolutely horrified to receive a disabled card for parking and we only used it a few times and he was so apologetic it was embarrassing. Meanwhile at my local station people would park in that disability spaces, put out a disability card and then sprint usain bolt style down the platform to catch the departing train. Yet another reason to hate contemporary society...

My dad, who died two years ago now, was absolutely crippled by arthritis for the last 5 years of his life, he was absolutely horrified to receive a disabled card for parking and we only used it a few times and he was so apologetic it was embarrassing. Meanwhile at my local station people would park in that disability spaces, put out a disability card and then sprint usain bolt style down the platform to catch the departing train. Yet another reason to hate contemporary society...

My FIL should probably have had one since 1973 when they welded half his back together. When they welded the other half a few years ago his consultant asked him how he'd kept busy since then. Working, he replied. The guy was gobsmacked to know that given the amount of pain he must be in after his previous repair.

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, the self-appointed deserving versus the genuinely in need. Coz I'm worth it mentality at its very best.

(Its by the sea side)

Solutions?

I was in Robin Hoods Bay last week.Iv never seen it so busy.Boomers of course,but also three or four groups of a dozen immigrants a group being shown around by social workers of some sort.They were explaining British customs from what i could gather.I think they had moved them into the Boro.

Mobility cars everywhere on the yellow lines.Park there and walk down one of the biggest hills in the country.This country is 100% bonkers.Who is actually working and paying the tax?

I was in Robin Hoods Bay last week.Iv never seen it so busy.Boomers of course,but also three or four groups of a dozen immigrants a group being shown around by social workers of some sort.They were explaining British customs from what i could gather.I think they had moved them into the Boro.

Mobility cars everywhere on the yellow lines.Park there and walk down one of the biggest hills in the country.This country is 100% bonkers.Who is actually working and paying the tax?

Social workers? Nah.

Probably some Fagan types showing them where to rob.

And that my point.

I was making it about the Ropery but anyone who can walk down + up bay bank does not need a badge.

My FIL has one for when anyone gives him a lift. A stroke robbed him of his license and his mobility.

I get piddled off when I see people park up then hop skip and jump along the way. They should be for people with mobility issues and not simply for disability issues, which covers a much wider range.

The qualifying criteria is to be able to walk no more than 20mtrs

(dropped from 50mtrs fairly recently)

There is a lady 2 doors up from me with a mobility car and disabled bay, i see her walk her dog to the local park and exercise it twice a day, a walking distance of some 300m to the park and 300m back.

I enjoy challenging non badge holders in disabled spaces. Very politely, naturally. I get no end of abuse. For some weird reason the ruder they are the more I am happy to have called them out.

The bloke in Woking with a knife was a slight concern though!

I enjoy challenging non badge holders in disabled spaces. Very politely, naturally. I get no end of abuse. For some weird reason the ruder they are the more I am happy to have called them out.

The bloke in Woking with a knife was a slight concern though!

I wouldn't acknowledge a pillar of the community challenger like this until i had walked a distance over 30mtrs then i would turn and acknowledge the 20mtr rule.

My theory is that people assume that if you are prepared to front them up then you are quite capable of handling yourself. It may well be a bluff but I have got away with it so far. Being 6'4" tends to help.

It probably annoys people when we pull the minibus we take to away games up in a disabled bay and then a load of reasonably fit young footy fans tumble out, but one of our number has serious mobility issues, so it's fair enough. Apparently it gets us over the Humber bridge for free too, which is a bit silly.

The qualifying criteria is to be able to walk no more than 20mtrs

(dropped from 50mtrs fairly recently)

There is a lady 2 doors up from me with a mobility car and disabled bay, i see her walk her dog to the local park and exercise it twice a day, a walking distance of some 300m to the park and 300m back.

Back in the late 1990's I remember a persistent complainer to the Council I worked for who was allegedly disabled and claiming everything going including a motability allowance.

This didn't stop him doing his cash in hand window cleaning carrying a double piece ladder on his shoulder while riding a bike. I made a complaint to the DWp but nothing appeared to happen.

Going back a bit but an acquaintance had a motability car and blue badge for her disabled daughter. It was indeed necessary but a lot of the time she didn't have her daughter in the car and her daughter didn't actually appear disabled even though she was.

Now knowing her she would have only used it when she had to but I don't see how you can police this. And if I had a blue badge and it was raining and I could park right outside the shop even if I didn't need to then I would be tempted.

Going back a bit but an acquaintance had a motability car and blue badge for her disabled daughter. It was indeed necessary but a lot of the time she didn't have her daughter in the car and her daughter didn't actually appear disabled even though she was.

Now knowing her she would have only used it when she had to but I don't see how you can police this. And if I had a blue badge and it was raining and I could park right outside the shop even if I didn't need to then I would be tempted.

It's human nature to be selfish. I was in the supermarket car park yesterday and a woman pulled into one of the parent and child spaces. Her and her daughter got out of the car and it struck me that even though to my mind she was massively taking the piss, In her mind it was an entitlement, and hers by right because she had her "child" with her. The fact that the kid was old enough that they were actually more of a help than a hindrance was beside the point. I said to my wife that when I was the girls age (about 12 or 13) my mother used to send me to the shop by myself to buy her cigarettes :)

I took my Father (blue badge holder) to Swanage beach in my car for a day out once and i parked right on the beachfront road in a prime location just 5 feet from the sand.

Popped the blue badge in the window and then set up on the beach for the day.

People were looking daggers at us lol

The parking restrictions for able bodies folk meant the public carpark was right up over the back of a nearby hill!

I had to keep a close on the motor for "Scratchers" & "Keyers" y'know the type.

I took my Father (blue badge holder) to Swanage beach in my car for a day out once and i parked right on the beachfront road in a prime location just 5 feet from the sand.

Popped the blue badge in the window and then set up on the beach for the day.

People were looking daggers at us lol

The parking restrictions for able bodies folk meant the public carpark was right up over the back of a nearby hill!

I had to keep a close on the motor for "Scratchers" & "Keyers" y'know the type.

Youve only got 3 hours.