House Price Crash Forum

Offered 70% Of Asking Price

scb

HOLA441
12 hours ago, scb said:

son 1 has gone off to uni

Thanks for the update. What other kids are there and what are they doing?

On 16/09/2017 at 16:16, wish I could afford one said:

I'm looking forward to and don't see it as a con at all.

Forgive the necro, but I meant that the con is in stealing from you when you're young to fund a 'good retirement'.

While I don't think retiring will be for me, if other people want to that is their choice.

HOLA442
On 27/11/2019 at 22:24, MattW said:

Nice to hear about people facing up to real life from time to time.

"Other people suffering aren't your enemies."

The system is broken, and this was fundamentally not caused (nor could it be avoided) by the individual actions of small players who participated out of necessity and/or for a relatively paltry gain; the cause is instead their aggregate behavour - which is an unavoidable and inevitable consequence of the 'fixed' system that stayed 'fixed' for the political benefit of others.

HOLA443
On 04/12/2019 at 13:37, StuartMc said:

The system is broken, and this was fundamentally not caused (nor could it be avoided) by the individual actions of small players who participated out of necessity and/or for a relatively paltry gain; the cause is instead their aggregate behavour - which is an unavoidable and inevitable consequence of the 'fixed' system that stayed 'fixed' for the political benefit of others.

schadenfreude

HOLA444
On 12/4/2019 at 1:37 PM, StuartMc said:

I agree the level of hate and vindictiveness to others here is beyond belief. Personally I wish all people well and feel sorry for people who go through life being so angry and bitter and unpleasant. 

HOLA445
On 11/27/2019 at 9:50 PM, scb said:

Further update. They're now divorced, son 1 has gone off to uni and shes complaining that without the child benefit she is struggling - now living a in a 3 bed terraced house (oh the shame), still mortgaged to the hilt in her mid-40s. Every time I see her I have to bite my tongue, especially when she made the comment about "how expensive" it is these days. It's taken a divorce and a little bit of hardship now well earning (ex-)husband has gone but I think she's finally getting it. She was fine when they had two incomes (and one of them it seems was really quite big) but now she's single and on probably an average wage she's seeing my point and has accidentally slipped up a few times without all out telling me I'm right. My sister found it hilarious the other day how the conversation went and was impressed with my restraint.

What a very sad and bitter and angry series of posts.  Most people feel empathy when their family members are going through a relationship split which after a bereavement is the most difficult thing a person will face. 

This individual revels in it and laughs at it.  What a sad bitter vile little man.  families are meant to support each other not be delighted when they are having a difficult time.  

Everyone on the planet has difficult situations to deal with and this person and his equally vile issuer will certainly have difficult situations to deal with. When he does I hope that his family and mates laugh at him and think it is wonderful and hilarious as he does.  

HOLA446
HOLA447
On 12/12/2019 at 13:32, mallish said:

What a very sad and bitter and angry series of posts.  Most people feel empathy when their family members are going through a relationship split which after a bereavement is the most difficult thing a person will face. 

This individual revels in it and laughs at it.  What a sad bitter vile little man.  families are meant to support each other not be delighted when they are having a difficult time.  

Everyone on the planet has difficult situations to deal with and this person and his equally vile issuer will certainly have difficult situations to deal with. When he does I hope that his family and mates laugh at him and think it is wonderful and hilarious as he does.  

I've already posted I feel sorry for her situation in the post where I mentioned the divorce. My posts are not about reveling in someone elses misery, they're about showing how people who were once very pro-higher house prices can come around to view it as a bad thing themselves when suddenly they realise they're not a winner but a victim (everyone is a victim apart form those who downsize or own many homes that they can sell as they have no need for them).

Anyway, another, slightly unconnected update, found out what the son in uni is paying for university accommodation. Now there is a bubble that is going to burst! £600 a month for the whole 12 month contract to live in halls. You can rent a whole flat for less than that and you only need it from October to May, why would anyone pay to live in Halls? And the few cities I know reasonably well seem to be building them are a fair old rate too. Just looked at halls in Cardiff and it's the same, some people are being charged the equivalent of £821 a month for the 8 months they need the accommodation! You can get some pretty decent houses and flats for that within walking distance of the uni and you can share it with a mate.

HOLA448

I do not wish to cite HappyGuy and have him respond with some boomer feelgood nonsense about not judging.

If more people had judged and stuck their oar into this couple's life, perhaps they would have made better choices and not been in this situation. Their lives would then be more enjoyable.

Social shaming and ostracism are a necessary part of a healthy society.

Edited by Locke

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA449
On 27/11/2019 at 21:50, scb said:

Further update. They're now divorced, son 1 has gone off to uni and shes complaining that without the child benefit she is struggling - now living a in a 3 bed terraced house (oh the shame), still mortgaged to the hilt in her mid-40s. Every time I see her I have to bite my tongue, especially when she made the comment about "how expensive" it is these days. It's taken a divorce and a little bit of hardship now well earning (ex-)husband has gone but I think she's finally getting it. She was fine when they had two incomes (and one of them it seems was really quite big) but now she's single and on probably an average wage she's seeing my point and has accidentally slipped up a few times without all out telling me I'm right. My sister found it hilarious the other day how the conversation went and was impressed with my restraint.

Sooo ... shes struggling with the loss of CB, all 50/m ....

I dont doubt your tale, ive met (mainly) women like this.