House Price Crash Forum
Hectors House

Prepare And Protect Yourself Against The Coming Financial Collapse

Jim Rickards starts off in his piece

We are now living in the second age of globalisation.

The first age began in 1870 and ended in 1914. As is the case today, it was characterized by strong economic growth, technological innovation, and global financial linkages.
The great unknown is whether the second age of globalisation will also come to ruin in a new catastrophe equivalent in disruptive power to the First World War. Time will tell.

Interesting thoughts and maybe he will be right. Globalisation is pandemic that only causes misery!

http://www.dailyreckoning.co.uk/lp/prepare-protect-tab-inv-embed/?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=cpc

He makes some great points, but with this guy I just somehow get the feeling he's using the shock factor in order to sell more copies of his books.

Yeah, the email opt-in form puts me off.

His book may or may not be good, but I'd recommend Planet Ponzi by Mitch Feierstein as someone on here recommended to me.

Most of these overly hysterical doom-mongers want to sell you gold or similar. Funnily enough, they only seem to want to sell you it for cash. ;)

He makes some great points, but with this guy I just somehow get the feeling he's using the shock factor in order to sell more copies of his books.

Agreed - if his book was titled "It'll get a bit hairy for a while but we'll probably muddle through" it might not attract quite the same level of attention

Agreed - if his book was titled "It'll get a bit hairy for a while but we'll probably muddle through" it might not attract quite the same level of attention

Why couldn't you have mentioned this a month ago?

I've just knocked out 180,000 words on exactly that subject with exactly that as the working title.

You're saying that this is going the same way as my singing career? FFS :(

Why couldn't you have mentioned this a month ago?

I've just knocked out 180,000 words on exactly that subject with exactly that as the working title.

You're saying that this is going the same way as my singing career? FFS :(

:lol:

If he is so clued in, why is he not using up all his energies personally preparing for the imminent catastrophe, rather than being Messianic about it?

My musing on the subject:

Like any middle man, he'll make his cut. If he believes what he says, he'll use that cut to increase his holding of PMs.

He'll then be richer and continue to be richer when things go south and he has PMs and can also say 'told you so'.

If not, he'll carry on being richer than most of us doing what he's doing.

Not a bad turnout.

What's the opposite of zugszwang?

My musing on the subject:

Like any middle man, he'll make his cut. If he believes what he says, he'll use that cut to increase his holding of PMs.

He'll then be richer and continue to be richer when things go south and he has PMs and can also say 'told you so'.

If not, he'll carry on being richer than most of us doing what he's doing.

Not a bad turnout.

What's the opposite of zugszwang?

The other side of the board, obviously. ;)