House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Sweden Raises Rates By 0.25%

I guess none of you noticed, but despite inflation being at just 0.9% (target 2% with an acceptable range of 1% to 3%) Sweden raised it's base rate from 1.5% to 1.75% this morning.

Interesting, did they hint at why in perticular?

EDITED:

Do they change rates frequently? its just im thinking that although its only a .25 rise its about a 16% rise, not good on IO if your mortgaged to the max

Edited by theChuz

I guess none of you noticed, but despite inflation being at just 0.9% (target 2% with an acceptable range of 1% to 3%) Sweden raised it's base rate from 1.5% to 1.75% this morning.

Not directly linked to UK house Prices, is it ?

Not directly linked to UK house Prices, is it ?

If the rest of the world puts up thier rates i would like to know why ours dont go up. If other countries can see trouble ahead maybe the BOE will also be able to.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

If the rest of the world puts up thier rates i would like to know why ours dont go up. If other countries can see trouble ahead maybe the BOE will also be able to.

They cut their base rate from 2% to 1.5% in June 2005

higher than expected YOY retail sales and money supply figures this morning - I don't see UK rates coming lower just yet.

They cut their base rate from 2% to 1.5% in June 2005

ahhh cheers charlie, that puts some perspective on it (well, in my world it does :) ) ta

I don't imagine it's all bad news from the TTRTR perspective. If IRs here do go up a percent or more over the next year or two - what will it do - price more FTBs out of market giving landlords more fodder for their multi-room lets - or cause a HPC meaning youngsters will be able to buy their own places?

Mind you, there is always the new legislation governing properties with multiple tenants in them to sit back and smile about.