House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Secret Life Of A Trade Union Employee

Sadly ideals are a thing of the past, and troughing it is the new black. :huh:

Asking for lorry drivers, at the bottom of the article. They've come to the right place.

HPC OT should be called "truckers' forum", with a sub-forum for the extremely pedantic!

You are the only trucker left as Frank is imaginary. :blink:

I have wistful thoughts about being a HGV driver. You know, a dead prossie in every town.

Maybe Im having some reaction to office based jobs. I was looking wistfully at a bus go by and thinking what a great jobs.

I might be in need of a hobby.

I though about doing an HGV a few years back, but in the end it would have been an expensive hobby. :o

I though about doing an HGV a few years back, but in the end it would have been an expensive hobby. :o

I think its worth it during the Xmas holdays but less so these days.

Maybe I just need to inject more excitement into my everyday routine.

Maybe develop an addiction to an opiate or something.

Wrong end of the spectrum if you are looking for excitment .....DMT is my sugestion ...short and sharp

Asking for lorry drivers, at the bottom of the article. They've come to the right place.

Got my training and test lined up at the end of the month. Driving a knockover-box rigid with 5T of water filled cubes on board was a lot more scary than I expected when I turned up for my evaluation drive. You still haven't told me why >3.5T motorhomes might be worth avoiding?

Got my training and test lined up at the end of the month. Driving a knockover-box rigid with 5T of water filled cubes on board was a lot more scary than I expected when I turned up for my evaluation drive. You still haven't told me why >3.5T motorhomes might be worth avoiding?

I had some sort of point I was going to make at the time and I've forgotten it now, sorry. If you're cracking on with driver training then probably isn't going to be helpful anyway.

Buses have mostly always been torque converter auto boxes I guess. Outside of driving schools I wouldn't have thought there are that many trucks that aren't autos these days although they are really manual crash boxes that a computer uses compressed air to do the changes.

I have had a recollection it may have been a point about getting MOTs for vehicles over 3.5t being aggro and long waiting times if you don't book very well in advance. There was more to it than that maybe it will come back to me.

Women always seem to get quite unexpectedly excited finding out you can drive a lorry. If you ask if they want to come out for the day with you as a jaunt, and you say you'll pick them up, they tend to expect a little lorry, that fridges and washing machines are delivered with, they're particularly impressed if you rock up in something the Daily Mail would call a juggernaut and announce your arrival with a blast of the airhorns.

Guess they were asking for lorry drivers as weirdly they seem to have been adopted by Polly Toynbee - I would imagine it might be the very definition of shouting in a forest with no-one to hear as I've not seen many rolled up copies of the Guardian on lorry dashboards.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/02/industrial-failure-uk-lorry-trade-truck-driver-squalor-low-pay-no-unions

I run a whole business purely as an elaborate front that justifies having a load of lorries, forklift trucks and the like.

I'm thinking of starting a plant hire business to justify dicking around with diggers, dumper trucks and other cool sh1t all day long. In fact, I'm bloody cross with myself for not having the idea years ago. I've been trying to work out a reason I need an hydraulic hose crimping machine for a while too.

HPC OT should be called "truckers' forum", with a sub-forum for the extremely pedantic!

I think we should all have a go at writing a piece for them about being a trucker.

Talkin' of which, anyone seen Harry?

I'm thinking of starting a plant hire business

Brilliant idea! Anyone want to hire a bramble?

I run a whole business purely as an elaborate front that justifies having a load of lorries, forklift trucks and the like.

I'm thinking of starting a plant hire business to justify dicking around with diggers, dumper trucks and other cool sh1t all day long. In fact, I'm bloody cross with myself for not having the idea years ago. I've been trying to work out a reason I need an hydraulic hose crimping machine for a while too.

http://www.rsduncanplanthire.co.uk/digaday.html

There's a few places like this. Have fun for the day playing with diggers.

Talkin' of which, anyone seen Harry?

Banned after his "The day I killed a man" outburst.

Interesting guy, shame.

Edit: I did have a look around and he's still going strong on the truckers' network forum (think that was the name) so he's fine.

Wrong end of the spectrum if you are looking for excitment .....DMT is my sugestion ...short and sharp

This seems to be crossing my path a lot recently... have no idea where to get it though.

Doesn't look too difficult to extract, but am wondering if an ayahuasca ceremony looks like a mellower, but longer alternative experience?

I had some sort of point I was going to make at the time and I've forgotten it now, sorry. If you're cracking on with driver training then probably isn't going to be helpful anyway.

Buses have mostly always been torque converter auto boxes I guess. Outside of driving schools I wouldn't have thought there are that many trucks that aren't autos these days although they are really manual crash boxes that a computer uses compressed air to do the changes.

I have had a recollection it may have been a point about getting MOTs for vehicles over 3.5t being aggro and long waiting times if you don't book very well in advance. There was more to it than that maybe it will come back to me.

If it`s under 7.5t and registered as a motor home they are class 4 MOT`s the hardest part though is finding a garage with a ramp or pit jacks capable/certificated to lift them but most PSV licence`d stations are more than willing to do them

This seems to be crossing my path a lot recently... have no idea where to get it though.

Doesn't look too difficult to extract, but am wondering if an ayahuasca ceremony looks like a mellower, but longer alternative experience?

If you wan`t longer don`t use crystals, from what i have read ,erowid has plenty, https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml some people who have extracted it themselves have reported longer mellower effects (see under extractions) ,as for where it`s quite common among the travelling community (not the pony and lurcher type) the silk road was the go to place for crystals but i have not got a clue what the alternative is now though

I only ever tried crystals twice (tiny amounts) which are unbelievably intense and even more visual , believe me no one is ready for what comes next

My relative in the nick says synthetic dope, or what passes muster for it, is rife inside.

Theyd be better giving them the proper stuff.