House Price Crash Forum

I've Figured Out How We Really Can Reduce House Prices

bpw

HOLA441

The simple fact is that people who accumulate house price wealth do so at direct cost to FTBs, or people moving up the chain. Of course, many at the top of the housing Ponzi Scheme are happy to gloat at social gatherings about how much the house is worth, and to be fair they should get what they truly deserve. Thankfully, there is a simple way to sort out the grotesque distortion of house prices created by the BoE and Gormless Brown.

The key has stared me in the face for months and thanks to Anatole it’s now clear and simple. It doesn’t involve dramatic ‘say no, it 40% less than asking’ campaigns, as I suggested last year, and it’s not a plea to the BoE for an increase in interest rates to deflate the bubble (which would also allow your savings to grow at a reasonable rates), it’s as simple as you all being less productive in subtle and devious ways.

People like you are expected to slog away for relatively low wages, with little prospect of owning a house, or being paid a final salary pension. You are also faced with historically high taxes which pay for a bloated public service sector, many of whom are smugly eyeing their ‘retire at 60 final salary pension’. Here is what I seriously believe is the solution, take 11days sick leave a year like a lot of spongers in the public sector, stand outside with candy cigarettes five times a day for 20 minutes and chat to your friends, go drinking three times during the week, and when you get to your desk surf the internet for one hour a day. In this way we will see UK productivity decline resulting in a flight of jobs overseas – the beauty here is that people with overvalued house are most likely to loose their jobs because high house price correlates with higher income. Brilliant or what!! Actually, I uspect this is already happening and who can blame you?

BTW here is proof of how our public service employees misuse the system: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4664033.stm

Stress my ass – I have a stressful job and have taken 1 days sick leave in 5 years.

HOLA442

yes, but that would screw everything, wages included. So your £s left over after tax would be less anyway relative to prices.

Pls don't wish an economic meltdown on everyone, including yourself, you wouldn't like it if it happened, unless you and all yours are either secure public sector workers with strong union or on bens.

Anyway, everybody skiving is never going to happen, as most want to better themselves as is human nature, unless you are a student, in which case, you can combine skiving with (supposedly) better oneself :lol:

HOLA443

Here is what I seriously believe is the solution, take 11days sick leave a year like a lot of spongers in the public sector, stand outside with candy cigarettes five times a day for 20 minutes and chat to your friends, go drinking three times during the week, and when you get to your desk surf the internet for one hour a day.

Hmmmm, but what about those of us for who this is already a reality? What should we do? :P

Semi-seriously(I do actually do some of the things you mention above already, just not all ;)), you seem to be suggesting the best way forward is to become an unproductive employee until your job is shipped abroad and you end up unemployed.

I fail to see how this is going to do anybody any favours

the beauty here is that people with overvalued house are most likely to loose their jobs because high house price correlates with higher income. Brilliant or what!! Actually, I uspect this is already happening and who can blame you?

I don't quite follow your logic here...

Company ABC has two employess, one a homeowner(employee A) and the other a non-homeowner(employee B ). Employee B seriously starts to take the p*ss, his productivity rate goes down and he generally becomes a liability to ABC productions. So, to counter this ABC ship employee A's job overseas and keep employee B on. Employee A is then forced to sell his house to employee B???????

Seems somewhat flawed to me....

Edited by wtc

HOLA444

You want a guaranteed way of reducing house prices? Want a surefire catalyst?

Disclose the rent you have paid to your present and past landlords to the inland revenue. If every tenant did this countless thoasands of landlords would dump their BTLs in an instant. Mass dumpage =crash. The truth is a significant proportion of landlords are not disclosing their rental income and not paying tax. They could not afford to.

HOLA445

Disclose the rent you have paid to your present and past landlords to the inland revenue. If every tenant did this countless thoasands of landlords would dump their BTLs in an instant. Mass dumpage =crash. The truth is a significant proportion of landlords are not disclosing their rental income and not paying tax. They could not afford to.

OMG!! This is soooo true. I know a couple who rent a property and do not declare, also avoid paying CT, and they have seriously pissed me off in other ways too. I am very tempted to shop them, because I feel that everything they don't pay, when tye can afford to, everyone else has to subsidise.

but quite simply, I would feel like a complete and utter bitch if I did, so I don't. They are a couple... one in law (therefore good salary) the other a useless blighter... keeps being made redundant by public employers, but using trade unions for all they are worth and still being paid full salary for the previous job for the privilege a year AFTER being made redundant for being crap. :angry: Bloody unions... if you don't like a job, piss off and see if you can command better in the private sector. Don't friging sponge and moan. Then lets see what you're actually worth productivity wise!!!!

Edited by xian

HOLA446

So youre paid according to your productivity are ye? There's this direct correlation between the two decided on by some higher being you see..........and there are these unions see that distort, twist and manipulatethe law as laid down by this god of pay and productivity the BLIGHTERS

VIV

HOLA447

You won't have to soon, with the new goverment backed scheme to hold deposits in neutral accounts coming in this year, at least some parts of the goverment will know how much your rent is.

Edited by noyk

HOLA448
HOLA449
Anyway, everybody skiving is never going to happen, as most want to better themselves as is human nature, unless you are a student, in which case, you can combine skiving with (supposedly) better oneself

yeah. lets all better ourselves by working an extra 10+ hours a week to save £10k house deposit a year only to watch houses rise at £15k a year. i cant see how your theory works.

yeah - go for it dudess..!!!

OMG!! This is soooo true. I know a couple who rent a property and do not declare, also avoid paying CT, and they have seriously pissed me off in other ways too. I am very tempted to shop them, because I feel that everything they don't pay, when tye can afford to, everyone else has to subsidise.

so you wont shop them, but would shop a benefit cheat who takes less from the system that this tax dodger friend. whats the difference apart from snobbery ?

i reckon you cast aside your breeding and shop them.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA4410

yeah. lets all better ourselves by working an extra 10+ hours a week to save £10k house deposit a year only to watch houses rise at £15k a year. i cant see how your theory works.

yeah - go for it dudess..!!!

so you wont shop them, but would shop a benefit cheat who takes less from the system that this tax dodger friend. whats the difference apart from snobbery ?

i reckon you cast aside your breeding and shop them.

I'd second that, shop 'em in! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4411

The simple fact is that people who accumulate house price wealth do so at direct cost to FTBs, or people moving up the chain. Of course, many at the top of the housing Ponzi Scheme are happy to gloat at social gatherings about how much the house is worth, and to be fair they should get what they truly deserve. Thankfully, there is a simple way to sort out the grotesque distortion of house prices created by the BoE and Gormless Brown.

The key has stared me in the face for months and thanks to Anatole it’s now clear and simple. It doesn’t involve dramatic ‘say no, it 40% less than asking’ campaigns, as I suggested last year, and it’s not a plea to the BoE for an increase in interest rates to deflate the bubble (which would also allow your savings to grow at a reasonable rates), it’s as simple as you all being less productive in subtle and devious ways.

People like you are expected to slog away for relatively low wages, with little prospect of owning a house, or being paid a final salary pension. You are also faced with historically high taxes which pay for a bloated public service sector, many of whom are smugly eyeing their ‘retire at 60 final salary pension’. Here is what I seriously believe is the solution, take 11days sick leave a year like a lot of spongers in the public sector, stand outside with candy cigarettes five times a day for 20 minutes and chat to your friends, go drinking three times during the week, and when you get to your desk surf the internet for one hour a day. In this way we will see UK productivity decline resulting in a flight of jobs overseas – the beauty here is that people with overvalued house are most likely to loose their jobs because high house price correlates with higher income. Brilliant or what!! Actually, I uspect this is already happening and who can blame you?

BTW here is proof of how our public service employees misuse the system: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4664033.stm

Stress my ass – I have a stressful job and have taken 1 days sick leave in 5 years.

A quality Cynical piece..

Mate.. FTB's are less then 7%, BTL shows better return if you put the money into a savings account..

BTL round me at today's prices looses hundreds monthly.

Prices will come down.. and they are, the houses that don't sell at all are overpriced, and will only sell for less. The ones that sell, well some out theredon't realise.. But if there is a chain, at some point there is a FTB.. and they are rarer then hens teeth.

Forced sellers? horrible but people die, a lot die..

I worked for the NHS as a contracter, the average sick days there were 11 days a year in my department..

I was IT.. Stress? well.. not really.. unless you find un-productive meetings stressful.. (I do actually)

The only expossure I have had to public service was one department.

What did I see?

Lazy, ineffective, top heavy, sickly...

This was one department.. one place.. not the whole thing..

How many health care professionals did I meet in my time there (6 months) and by that I mean doctors and nurses..?

Far fewer then you could believe.. far fewer.. The bloated, top heavy... administration... disgusted me.. Foul...... A foul waste.... not on the individual level... not at all.. a lot were hard working in an environment where they were constantly frustrated by the structure.. Much as I was.. Of course, those that wanted to be lazy, take massive sickness.. could and could with impunity.

They say that a fee paying public school is more economic then a goverment run school..

Again this is not down to the teachers..

Its down to the structure and the whole innefective mess.. How bad is schooling.. even years ago when I went??

Well take a look at my grammar and spelling ;)

How do we hide the massice growth in unemployment..?

Give them government jobs..

HOLA4412

You're preaching to the converted - I've noticed the HPC forum is busiest during work hours.

HOLA4413

If FTB'ers want to reduce prices and buy property in the near future then a good course of action would be for all FTB'ers to register with several EA's in your area and go house-hunting. Depending on the area make realistic offers of between 30-50% of the asking price and see what happens...

... a new influx of realistic buyers across the country may have an effect!!

HOLA4414

You are also faced with historically high taxes which pay for a bloated public service sector, many of whom are smugly eyeing their ‘retire at 60 final salary pension’. Here is what I seriously believe is the solution, take 11days sick leave a year like a lot of spongers in the public sector, stand outside with candy cigarettes five times a day for 20 minutes and chat to your friends, go drinking three times during the week, and when you get to your desk surf the internet for one hour a day. In this way we will see UK productivity decline resulting in a flight of jobs overseas – the beauty here is that people with overvalued house are most likely to loose their jobs because high house price correlates with higher income. Brilliant or what!! Actually, I uspect this is already happening and who can blame you?

These sort of comments would be laughable if they weren't so offensive And wrong. I have worked in both the public and private sectors and there are dedicated people in both, and lazy sods in both. But if you would rather pay less tax, but spend a heck of a lot more of your cash on private health care (that won't apply if you're actually ill) private education, (Eton or nowt) the ever so cheap private sector water and energy suppliers, then could I suggest you move to California? Don't go during a power cut though.

House prices are nothing to do with public sector pay, and everything to do with a government that believes in the same free market rubbish as their predecessors.

HOLA4415

but quite simply, I would feel like a complete and utter bitch if I did, so I don't. They are a couple... one in law (therefore good salary) the other a useless blighter... keeps being made redundant by public employers, but using trade unions for all they are worth and still being paid full salary for the previous job for the privilege a year AFTER being made redundant for being crap. :angry: Bloody unions... if you don't like a job, piss off and see if you can command better in the private sector. Don't friging sponge and moan. Then lets see what you're actually worth productivity wise!!!!

Hear hear!

HOLA4416

Here is what I seriously believe is the solution, take 11 days sick leave a year like a lot of spongers in the public sector, stand outside with candy cigarettes five times a day for 20 minutes and chat to your friends, go drinking three times during the week, and when you get to your desk surf the internet for one hour a day. In this way we will see UK productivity decline resulting in a flight of jobs overseas – the beauty here is that people with overvalued house are most likely to loose their jobs because high house price correlates with higher income. Brilliant or what!! Actually, I uspect this is already happening and who can blame you?

There is actually a simpler way (from a dumb sponging public sector worker smoking candy cigarettes as we speak... the only thing that stresses me is YOU :P ). So if some bright spark financial consultant decided to pursue it as a 'get out of chain free' proposition I am giving this idea away (although I swore I would never again provide free ideas for others to take credit for for the reasons at the bottom of this page)

People stuck in long chains could mearly take a 2% compound reduction in the accepted value. EG:

THE COMPOUND REDUCTION PLAN (Copyright. 2006)

Original............minus 2%............Compound

Price............(actual loss)............Reduction............Final Price

If the entire chain was ready to accept a fractional cost this would restore differentials to the market (where the real problem seems to be) without causing the entire value to collapse.

What is standing against it:

My thinking is technical. I find it hard to fathom the failure of logic in the face of irrational human hunger. What will crash the market is the same thing that drove it up. A pack of big brains focused on primal greed.

• People WANT to believe that their house is worth a lot of money.
  • People moving "up the chain" ruly truly actually don't want a smaller morgage. It makes them feel like they have a less valuable house.
  • People are not prepared to accept compromise.
  • People are not fundamentally honest and cooperative. People demand that everybody else behave to their moral standards but excuse their own failings. They steal, lie and cheat all the time, and always have "exceptional reasons" which only apply to them. Ah well. Judge not that you be not judged, but an easy and simple solution would fall into a haggling heap in the face of some of the individuals in the chain who would be keen for everyone else to pay but were not prepared to make pay their own part.

Hence, it would take an exceptional negotiator to pull it off - not me ;) ... But thats what we learn in the public sector. Everyone has their strengths. I'm the ideas girl :D