House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Free Housing For Students

That's just good.

I did some volunteering in an old people's home when about that age. From that I appreciated that old people can be fun (and miserable, i.e just like any other age group) and that some old people's homes are decent places to live in and others are dire. So pick very carefully for your relatives and yourself should the the need ever arise.

30 h month. So ~8 week.

Doddle.

Wheel one out for a walk and pint a few times a week.

Most OAPs would welcome nonOAP visits. A few grumpy OAPs spoilt it for the others.

Can be good for everyone. Oldies have the money and experiences; youngsters have health and vigour.

But the way it's stated here, it looks like a big risk of some going into it for the wrong reasons, treating things as a chore, and poisoning relations between the groups. Wonder how they deal with that kind of risk?

Good idea.....as long as there is some kind of viable job that will materialise at the end of it......in many north European countries, people are students for years, well into their late 40s...... ;)

Good idea.....as long as there is some kind of viable job that will materialise at the end of it......in many north European countries, people are students for years, well into their late 40s...... ;)

No they're not!

In Germany starting work at 26-28 was fairly common but that's the upper end.

No they're not!

In Germany starting work at 26-28 was fairly common but that's the upper end.

Can't speak for Germany, but in Denmark still students till late 30s.....never to old to learn.;)

Can't speak for Germany, but in Denmark still students till late 30s.....never to old to learn.;)

You're retrenching slightly then winkie :)

You can't have your educated people starting work just in time for them to retire, the economy would not be well.

You're retrenching slightly then winkie :)

You can't have your educated people starting work just in time for them to retire, the economy would not be well.

Give them free housing what reason to work hard long hours?.....part time self employed work should cover the bills.....I do know of people who have been highly educated with degrees and all kinds of certificates that they have never used to earn money.....they just like courses and learning, collecting awards and brownie points.;)

Give them free housing what reason to work hard long hours?.....part time self employed work should cover the bills.....I do know of people who have been highly educated with degrees and all kinds of certificates that they have never used to earn money.....they just like courses and learning, collecting awards and brownie points.;)

You know me then!

My degrees were about pursuing a personal interest irrelevant to my career. The second was entirely self-funded and I stopped work to do it so it "cost" me well over a hundred grand. 'Tis only money after all.

I think that girls should get free tuition provided they agree to have three babies

great idea....if you get a 2:1 or 1st only. Some chance of reversing the diseugenic policies we currently have.