House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crumbless

Helicopter Money For Homeowners

HUNDREDS of thousands of people could be sitting on a goldmine thanks to Theresa May’s desire to share out profits from the shale gas revolution.

Under the new proposal, a percentage of profits from fracking, potentially up to £10,000, would be paid directly into the bank accounts of those living in neighbourhoods where the drilling technique is approved.

As part of her stated aim to deliver an economy that works for all, the new Prime Minister’s plan could see up to £10million given to each eligible community, turning northern towns such as Blackpool into the UK equivalents of ­oil-rich communities in the Middle East.

Plans for a Shale Wealth Fund were first announced during last year’s Autumn Statement.

Originally, communities were to receive up to 10 per cent of tax revenues derived from shale exploration in their area to spend on priorities such as local infrastructure and skills training.

But the new Government has changed the emphasis of the scheme, with a focus on direct benefits for local communities – including proposals to transfer funds directly to households’ bank accounts rather than to local authorities.

The payments could be as much as £10,000 a household in areas where the affected community consists of 1,000 houses and the maximum £10million is allocated.

A Government source said: “These payments will go directly into bank accounts. It is up to them what they spend it on.”

Critics will say the proposal is an attempt to buy off opposition in communities affected by fracking. But Mrs May insists the new scheme is about rebalancing the economy in favour of ordinary people.

continued ....
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/697345/Households-communities-fracking-shale-gas-payout-profit-share-Theresa-May

There goes cheap energy out the window. Wonder if it'll go to landlords living far away whilst the tenant gets sweet FA.

Edited by Crumbless

LOL

The Express

Is it taxable?

Out of government coffers. ?

Or from the frackers?

What about renters?

And businesses in the area?

I could go on

What utter bo11ocks

When was the last time the government deposited £10,000 into anyone's account.

It's funnier than the mash.

Edited by knock out johnny

LOL

The Express

Is it taxable?

Or from the frackers?

What about renters?

I could go on

What utter bo11ocks

Its in all the papers i just happened to use the link from the Express.

Obviously putting it out there to see the reaction.

Its the people who use the energy who pay for these bungs, and the government put £13 billion of the housing benefit bill into peoples banks accounts every year, so gifting home/land owners money is nothing new.

Its in all the papers i just happened to use the link from the Express.

Obviously putting it out there to see the reaction.

Its the people who use the energy who pay for these bungs, and the government put £13 billion of the housing benefit bill into peoples banks accounts every year, so gifting home/land owners money is nothing new.

It's all in the papers - LOL - how's brexit going for ya?

Well you've seen my reaction

I hope I didn't disappoint

It's all in the papers - LOL - how's brexit going for ya?

Well you've seen my reaction

I hope I didn't disappoint

Nah you're as predictable as ever, you offer nothing as usual. Managed to bring Brexit into it though, well done.

Edited by Crumbless

Nah you're as predictable as ever, you offer nothing as usual. Managed to bring Brexit into it though, well done.

Says the guy who hijacked the rent rise pub thread :lol:

I obviously didn't disappoint

can't wait to see all these £10,000 winners using their windfalls as deposits on buy-to-lets

What do you want me to say? Honestly Crumbless? I know populist bs when I see it. These are the same papers that offered brexit nirvana - that's all I'm remarking on - that is all

You must know by now that this forum is cynical as fck about the msm

I obviously didn't disappoint

can't wait to see all these £10,000 winners using their windfalls as deposits on buy-to-lets

What do you want me to say? Honestly Crumbless? I know populist bs when I see it. These are the same papers that offered brexit nirvana - that's all I'm remarking on - that is all

You must know by now that this forum is cynical as fck about the msm

Why do you think Hydraulic Fracturing is in all the Sunday papers, only a week after Hinkley gets delayed? Maybe you could comment on this.

Or say nowt at all!

Edited by Crumbless

Brexit was my first thought. A way of getting some transient feel good into people's pockets to partially overcome the emergent problems and make triggering article 50 more palatable.

I doubt itll pay out.

Fracking in the uk is not viable at current oil prices. Youll need somewhere in yhe region of 120+/barrel.

When was the last time global interest rates where negative?

Realistically it seems to be never in the history of mankind even going back beyond the days of

LucyClimbed_010113_617x416.jpg

Edited by billybong

Whatever it is you know it'll be a cheapskate swindle solution for the many with the cronies running off with the real swag.

Cheapskate solution indeed.

£10,000 is not a life changing sum. They must think we're living in the 1920s.

When was the last time world was the same as today?

Do you really see this happening? Seriously?

When was the last time world was the same as today?

Do you really see this happening? Seriously?

I think negative rates on mortgages and IO mortgages look very likely to come. That is similar.

I doubt itll pay out.

Fracking in the uk is not viable at current oil prices. Youll need somewhere in yhe region of 120+/barrel.

How much of the proposed frackin in the UK is for oil ? i thought most of the proposed sites were for gas ,genuine question

I think negative rates on mortgages and IO mortgages look very likely to come. That is similar.

Something like that, yes.

I don't understand why they focus so much on monetary stimulus, rather than the fiscal equivalent. I suppose we shall see.

We can't build nuclear without massive bribes to EDF, so the government's alternative solution is to destroy the environment chasing after gas that will cause more global warming and kill millions or billions of people as extreme weather events become more common and drought and desertification starts hitting even worse than at present.

We've been on the edge of an energy crisis for thirty years, and as usual the government has done nothing (except panic and fiddle about with 'smart meters') while all the private companies long ago abdicated any kind of long-term planning.

What about more hydro? Pumped storage? Battery storage for wind/solar power? Tidal? Even clean coal? We've had a very long time to develop new technologies but every time our 'leaders' go for the quick short-term fix.

Environmental destruction and free money for people who already own houses. What a brilliant success you're making of my country, and what wondrous opportunities you're providing me with, Mrs. May.

It's clear we'll all be dead before governments ever do the right thing.

In a free market nuclear would be a non starter, because as you say "We can't build nuclear without massive bribes to EDF". I would actually prefer fracking for gas than nuclear. However I believe the best solution is a combination of gas and battery storage for wind/solar power and possibly tidal.

Can we have a referendum on it?

How much of the proposed frackin in the UK is for oil ? i thought most of the proposed sites were for gas ,genuine question

Dont know. The fracking in NY is for both.

No problems with frxcking on ghe moors. Theres been jnland oil extraction for teaes back before wwII on the moors.

LOL

The Express

Is it taxable?

Or from the frackers?

What about renters?

I could go on

What utter bo11ocks

The gov has a similar scheme for people living near the new HS2 line.