House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

I Like The Olympics Thread

Bit of a Cycling overload of late with the TDF / Giro etc Vuelta must be coming up too?

When the Swimming on? i intend to watch all of it!

Road race is looking good. I like the game of chess.

I think there is a good Brit going in the swimming, maybe late tonight.

The home of the devil, the BBC website enables you to plot all your bread and circus needs.

In its last month of open access I will be using iPlayer to watch some of the handful of minority sports I do enjoy watching but rarely get to see: fencing, table tennis, kayaking, maybe squash.

There you go, kept it positive on the positive thread!

In its last month of open access I will be using iPlayer to watch some of the handful of minority sports I do enjoy watching but rarely get to see: fencing, table tennis, kayaking, maybe squash.

There you go, kept it positive on the positive thread!

I think we have a good chance in the canoeing. The cricket is also on as well.

You can cleanse yourself of your largesse by watching it through a shop window/in tescos or by reading a massive dusty economics text book.

Both the road race and the cricket are interesting in terms of strategy. Will England declare early and try to bowl out or will they go for the draw ? I think with a 4 test series they are going to have to play for the draw. The pitch appears batsman friendly so the idea of a low total and try to bowl out pakistan seems unlikely.

Looking at the stadia I think the shops must be quite busy.

They obviously have no concept of creating scarcity with small stadia and 24/7 hype by the State broadcaster so that it becomes the most desirable and expensive "hottest ticket in town", albeit using a lottery so you won't know what you will get.

Years of parcelling out small bits of scarce resource to the UK masses applied to Olympic ticketing.

I think they could do the same with iplayer. They could make it so when you click on the event you want you are forced to watch something non mainstream like sheep herding before you get the main event.

Spanish swimmer fell in from the blocks a false start and means instant disqualification, under the rules he was going home right there & then without competing, he walked off crying / devastated.

1min later he was brought back out of the changing rooms and told he can take part in the race!!

Judges felt sorry for him!

(Made out there might have been a noise in the crowd that distracted him)

Just watched Sung Yang win the men's 400 freestyle

Spanish swimmer fell in from the blocks a false start and means instant disqualification, under rule he was going home right there & then without competing, he walked off crying / devastated.

1min later he was brought back out of the changing rooms and told he can take part in the race!!

Rules are meant to be bent on occassion. The bike course is treacherous. 2 riders down in the last couple of minutes. Richie Porte has gone.

Spanish swimmer fell in from the blocks a false start and means instant disqualification, under the rules he was going home right there & then without competing, he walked off crying / devastated.

Did they dry him off with a big fluffy towel?

'Reports of bullet through equestrian media centre'

Bullet update: apparently a bullet 'plopped' through canvas roof of media centre. This is an army camp. View is came a long way from a range

The cycle route is very cool. Looks like there should be sniper strategically placed along the way. Or zombies that jump out in front of the racers. Hang on, a tubby looking bloke just did.

Did I mention that I like the ladies' badminton - no, that is not a euphemism.

That hill in the shade looked like the road was very damp and slippery.

First time I can recall a road race where the road surface has been going from bone dry to slippery and back again. Usually we get all dry or all wet.