House Price Crash Forum

Knife Attack In Russell Square

HOLA441
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

It's London, you have daily stabbings and almost daily murders. :rolleyes:

Here's another one, why didn't you mention this one too?

Kilburn stabbing: café owner stabbed to death 'with machete'
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/pictured-caf-owner-stabbed-to-death-with-machete-in-kilburn-a3310151.html

And another one:
Battersea stabbing: Police launch murder probe after man is knifed at Winstanley estate
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/police-launch-murder-probe-after-man-is-stabbed-on-battersea-estate-a3311426.html

If we want to keep reporting London stabbings and murders this will become a very long thread indeed...

HOLA443

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/pictured-caf-owner-stabbed-to-death-with-machete-in-kilburn-a3310151.html

And another one:

Battersea stabbing: Police launch murder probe after man is knifed at Winstanley estate

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/police-launch-murder-probe-after-man-is-stabbed-on-battersea-estate-a3311426.html

If we want to keep reporting London stabbings and murders this will become a very long thread indeed...

I think the point is the OP refers to 6 people injured so it doesnt sound like a targeted attack on one person like the examples you gave.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Just checked and the bbc website story was updated 2 mins ago from what I first read.

"Mental health" now added.

Amazing. Whether this turns out to be another Islamist attack or not - it's still quite incredible how quickly the police tell everyone about these peoples mental health issues - within minutes it seems - when they are incredibly coy and cautious about any other details.

Like the person's name in some recent examples - if it sounds of a certain 'type'.

HOLA446
HOLA447

An British lady in her 60's stabbed to death, 2 other women are also victims as are 2 men.

What is Russel Square? a party place / nightclubs etc?

A woman has died and five other people were injured in a knife attack in Russell Square, central London.

Police were called at 22:33 BST on Wednesday to reports of a man injuring people with a knife.

One of the victims, a woman in her 60s, was treated at the scene but was pronounced dead a short time later.

A 19-year-old man was arrested at 22:39 after a Taser was discharged by an officer. The Met said mental health was a "significant factor" in the events.

HOLA448

Probably in the interests of public safety to inform us if this is a guy of Middle Eastern appearance or indeed likely to be terror related so we can be on alert.

I guess the public is no longer trusted and we will get censored versions of news.

HOLA449

From recent events, I have noticed the trend that if it is fairly likely that it is not a terror attack, they come out and say it is not a terror attack very explicitly.

The fact they are even using the word terror in the reports (watered down with mental illness), to me means it is quite likely to be a terror attack!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

They've been closing mental asylums for years - they are being looked after in the community or moved somewhere else that we don't obviously see?. Just look at the amount of abandoned mental infirmaries on urban exploration websites http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/asylums-and-hospitals.f4

27792697872_afc7117dac_b.jpg

This one is being turned into flats.

More

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/high-royds-asylum-menston-june-2016.t103901

HOLA4412

This will have zero to do with mental health 200p. It is the new media diversionary tactic now that the "possible right wing extremist" obfuscation receives a hollow laugh.

Why not start a new thread for it? I have heard that mental health care is seriously underfunded but, unlike adult social care, I don't know any figures or what this means.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I thought no the BBC's label of "mental health" is tongue in cheek. Surely it should be "mental illness" at the very least?

Seems like an extreme outbreak of "mental health" throughout Europe. Should we call it an epidemic?

Edit to say: didn't the Russians label dissenters as mentally ill and incarcerate them? I predict a move of "care in the community" back into hospitals.

HOLA4415

The man who attacked a dozen people with a knife yesterday, trying to behead several of them, was described as being perfectly balanced with no mental health issues whatsoever.

That's likely isn't it?

Normal people do not go around carrying out multiple knife attacks on strangers. So "mental health issues" is both a truism and muddying the waters of the real cause.

HOLA4416

There are fears that the knifeman operated with an accomplice as the Met refused to rule out arresting more suspects. One witness said he saw 'a man flee on a motorbike'. Others suggested a gang may have been involved.

Another witness, Jeremy Cheng, said: 'A woman with whom I spoke said that police told her that a gang of some sort was involved and that they fled south or south west.

'But that is just speculation.'

A 35-year-old man, who did not wish to be named, said he saw three men fleeing nearby Queen Square shortly after the incident. 'One man fled on a motorcycle heading down a pedestrianised area,' he said. 'He obviously looked in a hurry.'

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I always find it incredibly offensive when the identity of the assailant committing these types of attacks is kept hidden, for as long as possible by the press. Why should we protect these people for even one minute by withholding information from the general public? They don't deserve this type of consideration.

HOLA4419

And another one:

Actual evidence of a real mental health issue. Btw psychologists almost universally agree that coming out of the other end of the biography of the prophet Mohammed,and thinking that he was a good man,and that the story is genuine,is a clear sign of mental instability.

HOLA4420

Actual evidence of a real mental health issue. Btw psychologists almost universally agree that coming out of the other end of the biography of the prophet Mohammed,and thinking that he was a good man,and that the story is genuine,is a clear sign of mental instability.

Essentially what Salman Rushdie said and look were it got him...

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I always find it incredibly offensive when the identity of the assailant committing these types of attacks is kept hidden, for as long as possible by the press. Why should we protect these people for even one minute by withholding information from the general public? They don't deserve this type of consideration.

Agreed. If he was white it would have been all over the media in an instant. And he was shouting too... what? Obviously not "Britain First" otherwise we'd have been told that too by now.

HOLA4423

Agreed. If he was white it would have been all over the media in an instant. And he was shouting too... what? Obviously not "Britain First" otherwise we'd have been told that too by now.

Even if he didn't shout it at all; as I have read on that MP case.

HOLA4424

Shouting? ties in with "parading up & down"

(ref witness account posted above)

HOLA4425

Could be a genuine reason ie not to spook any accomplices etc. But I otherwise agree. France recently announced that no names or photos would be released at all,ever.

Archived