House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Met Shows Of Its New Stormtroopers

Why do they all do this thing with the "Index Finger"

Is it to show the Public that they are "Safe" and unlikley to have a negligent discharge?

Do they not have safety catches?

Is it to show the Public that they are "Safe" and unlikley to have a negligent discharge?

I imagine that is training.

If you;ve got live rounds (and maybe safety catch off, not sure what the standard procedure is there) and you are moving around with orhters moving around you you don;t want to get jogged and let your fingers slip onto the trigger, so resting them forward on or past the trigger guard allows you to keep ready to fire without letting one off inadvertantly.

It's habit, no matter if you have the safety on or not. Just like you never point a gun at someone. Safety catches can come off too as they tend to in the left hand side, and if you are carrying it in a sling against your body......it can come undone . For example ofc.

Yes it's all a bit Judge Dredd. In fact Judge Dredd had a better sense of humour.

Policemen should have whistles and helmets, and bicycles!

If you;ve got live rounds (and maybe safety catch off, not sure what the standard procedure is there) and you are moving around with orhters moving around you you don;t want to get jogged and let your fingers slip onto the trigger, so resting them forward on or past the trigger guard allows you to keep ready to fire without letting one off inadvertently.

If I was confronted by them I'd probably let one off inadvertently....

The black breifcase like thing with the hose coming out, in the foreground isn't identified either

knockout gas pumper?

Thermal lance.

The black breifcase like thing with the hose coming out, in the foreground isn't identified either

knockout gas pumper?

Power pack for the hydraulic ram I think.

Hogan-Howe says "Nothings changed they are Policemen first & foremost" and want's these fella's to be approachable by the public.

Can I ask them the the time if my watch stopped. :(

Can I ask them the the time if my watch stopped. :(

The song line "if you want to know the time, ask a policeman" arose because coppers were violent thugs who'd steal one's watch. (Well, according to something I read somewhere on the internet - practically a primary source). Apt.

I don't understand why they get semi automatic carbines. Yes you can't hit stuff on full auto but if you have to clear a room it would be nice

I don't understand why they get semi automatic carbines. Yes you can't hit stuff on full auto but if you have to clear a room it would be nice

I think they are meant to shoot accurately and not hit random members of the public in a firefight.

They'll also be using hollow tip bullets, don't want them going through walls. Of course, those will make a bl00dy mess when they hit the target, but at least it would stop someone with their hand on a detonator.