House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Chamber Of Commerce Report On Uk Not Good

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4627444.stm

Worsening economic trends seen in 2005 may be stabilising but manufacturing still faces
"acute threats",
a leading business organisation warns.
The largest independent business survey in the UK warned that any UK recovery in 2006 was likely to be weak and below trend.

The news for Gordon Brown appears to be taking on a certain consistency--its all negative. And the trend has only just begun. The massive job losses have yet to filter down into the economy to produce current statistics. Now must be the best time to get of of the property market--if its not already too late as houses are taking longer and longer to sell, and then at big discounts in many areas.

BBC painting a bad picture, most of the data is up and they even estimate GDP will rise in the 4th quarter - this is the reason short sterling has fallen indicating no interest rate cuts.

No interest rate cuts because the Fed is moving up. If IR drop the pound tanks as the rest of the fundamentals are weak and growing weaker. I STR (job move) and have kept the proceeds in US $ because I feel that the £ will collapse in any event as HPI are no longer fuelling the economy. I also have zero confidence in the economy growing in the near or medium term because the fundamemntals are continuing to erode with no evidence of anything that could cause a reversal. We are shedding manufacturing jobs and have a growing deficit and North Sea Oil and Gas is no longer balancing the books.

I STR (job move) and have kept the proceeds in US $ because I feel that the £ will collapse in any event as HPI are no longer fuelling the economy.

Odd choice, US seems to be in the midst of the same HP bubble and has even worse public finances. With trend away from US$ to Euro I would have said US$ at even greater risk.

Odd choice, US seems to be in the midst of the same HP bubble and has even worse public finances. With trend away from US$ to Euro I would have said US$ at even greater risk.

It seems that way but the US economy has always proved to be remarkably resilient. The Asians are tied into the US $ whether they like it or not as any significant move to the Euro will erode the value of their "debt" (US Treasuries). The US GDP is around 3.4% which may proive to be 4 times the UK as I see us going into negative territory by the 4th Q. Apart from all that, I sold a house in the US and just happened to get US $ anyway!

Look forget about manufacturing its only 13% of the economy, the service sector is 70% and its booming and there is no consumer slowdown as figures on online retail released tomorrow will show. Wait and see I think it will surpise everyone.

Look forget about manufacturing its only 13% of the economy, the service sector is 70% and its booming and there is no consumer slowdown as figures on online retail released tomorrow will show. Wait and see I think it will surpise everyone.

According to the Law Society's Gazette, 25% of the big solicitor's firms in London expect to be laying off partners and other staff this year due to a slowdown in business. International work has not proven to be the growth agent expected. Legal services are cheaper in China where most major firms now have offices.