House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MEtallic

Loughborough, Leics., Hpc Well And Truly There

Does seem to be a hell of a number of properies coming on to the Loughborough market early this year. However, I think the better areas of Loughborough (forest side) and the better villages like Quorn will be OK even if a crash comes around.

God help those that have just bought one of the new two bed houses in Shepshed at 5-6 times the average wage for the area!!!! Shepshed is a little traditional working town just on the other side of the M1 from Loughborough and the prices were dragged up on the back of Loughborough's exploding prices - partially due to rich mummies and daddies buying accomodation for the little student darlings (shouldn't sound so bitter though - i used to be one). :P

I've updated the graphs.

What is interesting is the dramatic drop in house sales (14 for the month of March) for a town of more than 40,000.

Also is the dramatic drop in the total value of the housing stock sold, from about £23m at the peak in Jan 2004 to only £2.3m in March.

Many EA's must be feeling the pinch as with about 10 agents in L'boro employing an average of 3 people each, a turnover of £2.3m is only £1150 for each employee (at a commission rate of 1.5% per property).

Doc2.doc

Doc3.doc

Doc2.doc

Doc3.doc

I've updated the graphs.

What is interesting is the dramatic drop in house sales (14 for the month of March) for a town of more than 40,000.

Also is the dramatic drop in the total value of the housing stock sold, from about £23m at the peak in Jan 2004 to only £2.3m in March.

Many EA's must be feeling the pinch as with about 10 agents in L'boro employing an average of 3 people each, a turnover of £2.3m is only £1150 for each employee (at a commission rate of 1.5% per property).

Amazing stuff! 14 transactions!

Prices holding firm but this market is clearly dead.