House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Two Surveys About Housing / Renting In London / Uk For People To Fill In

Please feel free to fill in the surveys, you never know, something might be done about the appalling state of housing in London/UK;

The first is a survey by Sian Berry (Green Party and Member of the London Assembly so can influence the Mayor)

https://sianberry.typeform.com/to/Hu3JSc

Second one is from Generation Rent;

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2894894/Renter-Survey-2016

Did the generation rent survey. Some questions were very interesting:

1. £100 a year insurance instead of refundable deposit

2. Banning letting agent fees even if it costs £20 a month

3. Problems with moving, affordability ...

I suggest please fill it if you can. It is anonymous and may help to curb the BTL monster.

Done, The Generation rent one anyhow.

Whilst not truly indicative of my current situation my rent takes well over 60% of my take home pay, probably nearer 85%, but only because I keep my tax liabilities low.

That combined with me being in the 40+ age group hopefully should stand out.

I thought the options for Q22 on the Generation Rent one were a bit pants:

22. If you would like to buy, what are the current challenges you face?
  • Not ready to settle down yet
  • Still saving a deposit
  • Unable to save
  • Not earning enough for a mortgage
  • Problems with the house buying process

Where's the "prices are too frickin' high" option? They're still assuming that anyone who wants a house and qualifies for a mortgage will take that mortgage, regardless of price. Which is disappointing in 2016.

Where's the "prices are too frickin' high" option? They're still assuming that anyone who wants a house and qualifies for a mortgage will take that mortgage, regardless of price. Which is disappointing in 2016.

Absolutely this ^. Had the same exact thought.

I put 'Not earning enough for a mortgage' which isn't the same thing but does kind of sum it up. After all, if I was earning £100k then buying a home for £300k wouldn't seem like too much of a big deal!

I put 'Not earning enough for a mortgage' which isn't the same thing but does kind of sum it up. After all, if I was earning £100k then buying a home for £300k wouldn't seem like too much of a big deal!

If you were earning £100k you wouldn't want to live in today's £300k properties!

+1 they just cant say it can they, i just put comments regarding the price is in comments section. house prices are too high.

Not relevant if you expect to buy for cash.

Nor if you have a problem that isn't about how much you earn with getting a mortgage. Like being self-employed, or too near retirement age.

Not relevant if you expect to buy for cash.

Nor if you have a problem that isn't about how much you earn with getting a mortgage. Like being self-employed, or too near retirement age.

Indeed, however wage to price would still be a ratio that I would use to assess value. As would, rent to price.

Edited by renting til I die