House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mosstrooper

New Year Sales Finished

i just got my local property paper which is the first normal issue of the new year following the xmas holidays.

immediately before the xmas holidays there were hundreds of properties in it with very many having "reduced" or new price stamped across them on the ads.

having just read the new year issue, there remain the same hundreds of properties, but none, not one, has a reduced or new-price on the advert. not a single one. but the prices are the same as they were before xmas ie still at the reduced price.

the VI's have obviously decided to remove the reduced banners on the ads for some reason.

any ideas

i just got my local property paper which is the first normal issue of the new year following the xmas holidays.

immediately before the xmas holidays there were hundreds of properties in it with very many having "reduced" or new price stamped across them on the ads.

having just read the new year issue, there remain the same hundreds of properties, but none, not one, has a reduced or new-price on the advert. not a single one. but the prices are the same as they were before xmas ie still at the reduced price.

the VI's have obviously decided to remove the reduced banners on the ads for some reason.

any ideas

They are getting ready for the next round of reductions. The impact of the first round has worn off.

any ideas

I don't know if anyone remembers but about 6 months ago there was a period of about a week when rightmove had a big bold "reduced" banner. We all got excited and it was very very quickly taken down. Basically I would say that if people start to see volumes of publically advertised reductions in property the sentiment quickly turns to "house values are in the sh*t" and rather than going for the reduced one they avoid them all until the price is even righter.

I am seeing loads of new price and reduced and even reduced rent in the local paper property night

Northamptonshire, and tonights jobs section felt comparitively very light.

It's the three R's common to this stage of the property cycle as sellers lose £ thousands ' staying behind the game'. Also known as 'chasing the market down'.

Reduced (but not enough)

Reduced again (but not enough)

REPOSSESSED (I wish I'd accepted that offer last year)

sad but inevitable

Pablo Silver or Lead?

Bridgfords Estate Agents of Stockport,in their infinite wisdom,have done this in reverse! They have had a 'December Sale' followed by a 'January Sale' but the asking prices in the window are the same as they were in November.