House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Syria - Clinton Wants To Take On Russia

Oh dear.

Yes it has been poorly handled and people have suffered but the first decisive action to end it IMHO has been Russia trying to destroy all rebel groups, bar the Kurds, and cutting off ISIS' funding by destroying their oil tanker convoys to Turkey.

This has been steadily allowing Assad to expand and consolidate control over more of the country with and end point looking in sight.

Now Clinton has come out as a major opponent of Assad and wants to do something about it in an area where Russian, US, British, Turkish forces are all acting.

This sounds like a recipe for disaster to me; the US had their chance to do something positive a couple of years ago and didn't. Putin did and now the US wants to weigh in again. Hopefully Clinton doesn't get in.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/29/hillary-clinton-will-reset-syria-policy-against-murderous-assad/

Hilary is a bloke's name, stuck on a woman!

America has never been bombed! Except Pearl Harbor!

We have to get on with Mr Putin.He might be evil, but so are the American candidates!

It's very easy to point out the Yanks have a very difficult choice. Vote for dodgy Clinton, or for "build a wall" Trump. I certainly don't envy them. Having said that, just a couple of weeks ago we had a small clique of people choosing between May and Leadsom for our leader...

Syria has been a complete disaster for its people. Stability is now essential, and if that means the dictator Assad and his Russian friends remain in charge, that is probably the lesser of various evils.

. Support your local dictator! Keeps the lid on on a sh1tstorm, and don't think the "West" can do better. We can't!

Pin has spoken (again)!

Unfortunately, whoever gets in I fear that the people in Syria will be worse off come next January.

I suspect that a lot of Amercians still look at the world as Assad = Russian ally = Russia = evil. Perhaps they are right. Perhaps they see intelligence that we do not.

I am not sure whether the West can help or could have helped. Perhaps if a different attitude had been taken at the beginning re Assad things might be different. I can still see that first news video of secret police clamping down on people in Syria and then the western media talking about a syrian spring and politicians latching onto it. What a tragic mess.

Because what the Middle East needs now is more war ?

As long as it does not interrupt the Barking Sheldon bowls match on Sunday! We are playing Fanny Gusset, for the cup!

Who's side are we on these days and has anyone ever seen them?

The only people whose side we should be on are those poor women and girls, in their THOUSANDS, kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery. We shoud free them and kill every single one of the feckers responsible.

Syria. Conflict spills over from the mess we've made in the region, most recently Libya.

Four years of western and regional meddling, things get ever worse.

Russia goes in with some force, and after a couple of weeks a ceasefire agreement (albeit excluding the groups everyone agrees are islamic terrorists). Not good, but certainly looks like an improvement.

It would seem the political plan is to destabilise the entire Arab area and have them all fighting each other.

I begin to suspect this.

Fine for the US but awful for the EU (which I know see as separate from us) as they will have an unending flow of migrants and refugees until it becomes another part of the third world.

Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya ,Syria

Albert Einstein

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

, two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

It would seem the political plan is to destabilise the entire Arab area and have them all fighting each other.

I come to that conclusion a long time ago ...but i have yet to work out why,the nearest i have come is the west supplies most of the weapons apart from the favorite one which is Russian but i think this is a bit of a simplistic view though

Syria has been a complete disaster for its people. Stability is now essential, and if that means the dictator Assad and his Russian friends remain in charge, that is probably the lesser of various evils.

Quite. The alternative is what, exactly? The US appears to want to repeat its great success in Iraq? No thanks.

It is very odd that when you ignore the propaganda from the two presidential hopefuls it seems that Hillary is the one who wants more wars whereas Trump is the one calling for less.

It is very odd that when you ignore the propaganda from the two presidential hopefuls it seems that Hillary is the one who wants more wars whereas Trump is the one calling for less.

Yes, odd . . . Dems and Repugs have gone into role reversal here.

Yes, odd . . . Dems and Repugs have gone into role reversal here.

Agreed, but they advertise it as completely the opposite. Trump does seem to be the ever so slightly saner of the pair.