House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byron

The French Militia

Why are the French recruiting a 'Reserve?'

Officially because the Police and Army are worn out because of all the extra guard duties.

But, at least one senior French Official/Grandee has warned of a possible 'Civil War'

Now it did just occur to me that instead of letting things drift along in the British style, the French have decided to nip things in the bud so to speak and by recruiting all the likely hot heads, giving them a rifle, arm band and some flags, letting them patrol the streets, the elite get them on their side.

Plausible?

Why are the French recruiting a 'Reserve?'

Officially because the Police and Army are worn out because of all the extra guard duties.

But, at least one senior French Official/Grandee has warned of a possible 'Civil War'

Now it did just occur to me that instead of letting things drift along in the British style, the French have decided to nip things in the bud so to speak and by recruiting all the likely hot heads, giving them a rifle, arm band and some flags, letting them patrol the streets, the elite get them on their side.

Plausible?

Are french Muslims excluded?

If not, I see a fatal flaw.

Simpler than that, they just don't have the manpower to cover the whole country.

Random church attack in Normandy showed this.

Note: The UK Government also recently announced that untrained soldiers in the british army would deploy onto the streets in the event of civil emergency / natural disaster

I.E those who have not completed basic training yet & those under 18's who are not allowed in a combat zone.

They are on the tipping point. Probably too late but hopefully not.

It is going to result in vast numbers of lives lost. If they do not tackle it now it will be millions of indigenous non Muslim French in the coming decades who will be mass murdered.

They need at least a million men. They have no where near that number.

The Police have mostly handgun and out of date rifles. They would be seriously short automatic rifles in any scenario we can imagine. As would we here in the UK.

I can see a situation in my lifetime when Yanks are smuggling weapons to British people in the same way that the Irish Americans smuggled weapons to the IRA.

This is going to get out of hand like a snowball going down a hill I fear.

I know it's just a film but The Day of the Jackal showed a France with active terrorism and there was a policeman at every railway station, all hotels had to make returns saying who was staying.

That sort of level of security may be what they're going to return to as the risk is everywhere and not just to important public locations.

Partly the volunteer reservists because they're cheap but IMO mainly because it gives decent people something positive to do to channel your outrage into making a difference.

If you were on a rota of armed guards for your local shopping centre or whatever you would be actually doing something to deter and stop terrorism.

Should do it here.

Problem is Frank, these nutters see every policeman on a corner, every check point as a suicide target.

You cannot fight these people lime you fought the postwar European terrorist organisations.

Lessons not learnt then. Where we not in a similar position just prior to WW2?

Actually, in the 1930s we had a very good TA. Lots of men who were first over to France were TA soldiers. They were well-trained by the main military standards and were not looked down upon as the modern TA was for most of its post-WW2 existence.

Ditto the reserve navy and air force.

Problem is Frank, these nutters see every policeman on a corner, every check point as a suicide target.

You cannot fight these people lime you fought the postwar European terrorist organisations.

But if it's effectively standing in the way of another priest / nun killing is it not worth it?

I'm not suggesting that whoopee it's problem solved,rather that it gives people an opportunity to make an armed defence of their towns.

They know who many of these people are. They know, via technology, where they are located. What is lacking is the political will to clamp down on these people. They are, of course, also afraid of causing some backash from the muslim community.

They do not wish to appear as fascists even in the face of a most evil fascist enemy.

The simple reality is that there needs to be mass internment of thousands of these extremists in each Western country. In fact, mass deportations.

There is also the question of Arab money and who is pulling the strings financially with many Western politicians.

We are in a situation where our own democracy and laws defending people are being used by our enemies to defeat us. Once they get into a position of power, through demographics, they will not hesitate to throw the law books out of the window and replace them with the koran.

I never thought that I would say this about anything, coming from being the son of a Free Polish soldier, but Islam is far more evil than Nazism. Given the power and the opportunity I think the islamist fanatics would murder people in far greater numbers than either Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot ever did. It is a crisis of civilisation.

They know who many of these people are. They know, via technology, where they are located. What is lacking is the political will to clamp down on these people. They are, of course, also afraid of causing some backash from the muslim community.

They do not wish to appear as fascists even in the face of a most evil fascist enemy.

The simple reality is that there needs to be mass internment of thousands of these extremists in each Western country. In fact, mass deportations.

There is also the question of Arab money and who is pulling the strings financially with many Western politicians.

We are in a situation where our own democracy and laws defending people are being used by our enemies to defeat us. Once they get into a position of power, through demographics, they will not hesitate to throw the law books out of the window and replace them with the koran.

I never thought that I would say this about anything, coming from being the son of a Free Polish soldier, but Islam is far more evil than Nazism. Given the power and the opportunity I think the islamist fanatics would murder people in far greater numbers than either Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot ever did. It is a crisis of civilisation.

Politicians know all of this but they don't care. They only consider the short term, a little temporary peace at the expense of chaos later. I hope I live to see them swing for their crimes!

So many threads about the Islamist threat, might as well weigh in on this one as it's only 2 pages long. Anyway I'm a smidge drunk so liable to ramble, so I thought I'd get my main point in early- as far as I'm concerned the only way we're going to solve the problem here, and in Europe generally, is to convince the vast majority of Muslims that Western democracy and liberalism is superior to Islamic theocracy as a way of life. Putting an armed policeman/militiaman outside every church/shopping centre/railway station etc. etc. just isn't going to do it.

I'm not sure how we go about it exactly but a good start would be to stop the police shutting down people like Tommy Robinson- he's clearly an intelligent man and has shown his willingness to debate anyone peacefully. Every time the police hassle him in some way it is entirely counterproductive; it energises far-right elements, while at the same time reinforcing a sense of grievance in any muslim who feels persecuted for whatever reason.

I find it interesting to compare and contrast the French/British approach. We've reluctantly allowed fairly widespread immigration from our former colonies of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh (I realise that most of the Indians are Hindus or Sikhs). And IMO by world standards we've been pretty non-racist about it; I certainly don't know anyone who wouldn't buy a bag of crisps from a shop because it wasn't owned by a white person. But by the same token, we embrace 'multiculturalism' which seems to mean not in any way challenging the cultural practises of immigrants, or in any way expecting them to engage with us socially. This approach IMO has led to such horrors as 'honour killings' and organised child sexual exploitation, but it hasn't yet led to much Islamic terrorism beyond the 7/7 attacks and Lee Rigby.

On the other hand the French seem to have pretty much invited people in from their former colonies in North Africa; but then their inherent belief in the superiority of Frenchness has led to them creating massive ghettos of angry and impoverished Arabs, who AFAIK are not even allowed to wear headscarves now. I daresay the Arabs would be less annoyed about it if they got a fair crack of the economic whip, but they don't seem to.

Anyway, I'll leave it there for the time being. Rip me a new one over the weekend if you think I'm talking nonsense and I'll respond on Monday when no doubt this thread will be 30 pages long.

But if it's effectively standing in the way of another priest / nun killing is it not worth it?

I'm not suggesting that whoopee it's problem solved,rather that it gives people an opportunity to make an armed defence of their towns.

Best means of defence is attack. Seems to me that everyone wants to wait for the other side to do something and then respond. You have to go on the offensive.

no. because the attackers walked up like 1000 civilians did every day. normal behaviour.

An army cannot fight against normal behaviour. That is how islam attacks...be normal, lie to look normal, then attack and deny anything abnormal ever happened.

Best means of defence is attack. Seems to me that everyone wants to wait for the other side to do something and then respond. You have to go on the offensive.

I am absolutely fine with mass deportation. I do not however see it happening and hence I like this as, whilst it is not a solution, it acts as a restraint upon lone wolf attacks.

If the Lee Rigby murder had happened when you had an armed citizens' militia then the two killers would have been shot dead. That's a result for me even if you don't manage to prevent it.

I am absolutely fine with mass deportation. I do not however see it happening and hence I like this as, whilst it is not a solution, it acts as a restraint upon lone wolf attacks.

If the Lee Rigby murder had happened when you had an armed citizens' militia then the two killers would have been shot dead. That's a result for me even if you don't manage to prevent it.

Can you imagine forming a militia in this country, or indeed in any EU one, thse days. The usual suspects will be demanding muslim quotas and why aren't senior officers muslims, etc, etc.

I am beginning to think that the yanks have it right with their right to bear the firepower of a small army.