House Price Crash Forum
evictee

First Post Brexit Prices Paid Data

Only 3 sales in my postcode for June. I know it takes a while to get added in arrears, but that's the lowest yet.

PS: Thanks evictee for this service.

Interestingly, a few months ago one of the one bed flats in the block where I live sold below market value by about 7-8k.. I live on a leafy council estate in a southern city. Prices aren't meant to be going down here.

Edit: Sorry I meant what I consider the market value to be for this particular area based on previous sales and a valuation I had for the flat I live in. My flat is pretty much identical build you see and may be in a worse state.

Edited by spacedin

The latest sales data released today, including the first few days worth of post brexit transactions is now up and running at houseprices.io. Share and enjoy.

Checked my street. A mistake I noticed last time is still there. The flat I live in sold in 2002 for £129500 and says that it sold again in 2014 for £22000, a drop for -83%. It never did sell, as I would have noticed, living here and such, but the freehold did get sold as my landlord mention that he had tried to bid for it. That isn't a fair reflection of the price though.

Anyway the other 2 places to sell on my street since then have gone up in price 180% from 2004 and 198.9% since 2002. So, happy days, at least for those people, I guess :unsure:

Edited by renting til I die

good times in yorkshire, loads of red falls between 5 and 40% in real terms! Just as I suspected, many taking ages to sell and when they do going for a big discount.

Just as an example, one 3 bed bungalow was on at 179k sold a year later for 153k

Its almost getting affordable :)

Great link thanks for that :)

The latest sales data released today, including the first few days worth of post brexit transactions is now up and running at houseprices.io. Share and enjoy.

unless you had to ...don't think most people would have thought about buying/selling a house at the time of the referendum ..figures are bound to be out of kilter ...needs a six month settling period and even then the data will be anticipating the negotiations etc etc....let common sense prevail..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for that.

Looking at Exeter, prices paid up until May 2016 were still forging upwards (about 5% annually) but volumes have been dropping precipitously to pre-HTB levels (~150/month rather than ~250/month, and this is obviously pre-referendum). Heralds a dip at the end of this year.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=47561335&sale=32215775&country=england

A very rare bird over the past couple of years - a double digit percentage loser in London.

Sold for £2.25m on 21 June 2016.

I see your £250k loser and I raise you a £7m loser.

https://twitter.com/HenryPryor/status/758921888605151232?lang=en-gb

(To be fair I didn't check sold prices)

good times in yorkshire, loads of red falls between 5 and 40% in real terms! Just as I suspected, many taking ages to sell and when they do going for a big discount.

Just as an example, one 3 bed bungalow was on at 179k sold a year later for 153k

Its almost getting affordable :)

Great link thanks for that :)

Well prices have been moving sideways in Yorkshire and indeed most of Northern England since 2004, give it another twelve years of sideways movement and we might get there.

Not all the country is Cambridge. We haven't all got access to billions in public sector funding...and in Cambridge's case since we are talking student loans most of it will never get repaid.

Well prices have been moving sideways in Yorkshire and indeed most of Northern England since 2004, give it another twelve years of sideways movement and we might get there.

Not all the country is Cambridge. We haven't all got access to billions in public sector funding...and in Cambridge's case since we are talking student loans most of it will never get repaid.

Yeah in twelve years I think the north might be so devastated to the point where you wouldn't want to buy a house ! The house price earnings ratio is still ridiculous though as wages here are pretty terrible for most.

To be fair, any brexit effect isn't going to show up in data for at least another month

A house sale takes approximately 6-8 weeks to go through so the figures in the given data are for properties that were offered on in mid to early June

For anyone who hadn't exchanged by the 24th there may have been some renegotiation in price however

Don't want to get flamed, just explaining that the figures for house prices always lag real world events

I would go further than Johnny, the average house sale takes 4 months doesn't it? So we won't be seeing anything accurate until November time.

Weird things going on in my area.

House sold for £370k, resold 2 months later for £365k and now back on the market for £370k.

I would go further than Johnny, the average house sale takes 4 months doesn't it? So we won't be seeing anything accurate until November time.

I didn't know it took tht long, but I didn't want everyone accusing me of trying to talk the market up/VI/rolex/blah blah

Edited by knock out johnny

I didn't know it took tht long, but I didn't want everyone accusing me of trying to talk the market up/VI/rolex/blah blah

Well it doesn't help that you said HPI was a good thing....!

ITV had a programme "Brexit - What's Your House Worth?". What interested me was the advice Ray Boulger offered and what lay behind it. His suggestion was 10-15% off the asking price and he blamed the fact the market was quieter now. That didn't happen because of brexit it happened because too many are waking up to the fact that even if they can afford to buy they're won't be anyone able to buy from them when they come to sell. The general perception is that wages aren't going anywhere so how can anyone hope to afford to buy in five years even if I can buy now.

Happy days loads of red and orange ,the greens are mainly places that have not sold since the early 2000`s not a lot of data for June but the previous months that are now showing up are looking good

Strange one

change 03 Jun 2016 £89,950 -13.1% -13.4%

27 May 2016 £103,500 * 2.5% -19.4%

20 Jul 2007 £101,000 n/a n/a

* Additional price paid transaction

Edited by long time lurking