House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ItalianV6

Brexit - What Is Your House Worth?" Thursday 8.30Pm (Itv)

Will probably be along the lines of there's a shortage of property so prices wont decline much. The govt should do more to get builders building. The BoE is being vigilant and will cut IRs in early August, so it's cheers all round for mortgage payers.

What wont be mentioned - house prices were wobbling before the Brexit vote, the plight of savers, the extortionate rents that younger people wanting to move out of the family home have to pay, the role of loose credit in the mess we're in...

....if talking worth as in monetary worth....nothing, it costs ongoing sums of money just to maintain, better question is how much does your house save you? ;)

Does this mean I actually have to watch ITV again? Been at least 5 years. From the blurb on RadioTimes it sounds "quite bear":

An investigation into what is happening in the housing market. Is post-Brexit Britain an opportunity for millions to finally own their own home? Or, should people brace themselves for a house price crash? Jonathan Maitland reports.
Edited by spunko2010

Is post-Brexit Britain an opportunity for millions to finally own their own home? Or, should people brace themselves for a house price crash?

Eh?

How are those mutually exclusive?

Edited by rantnrave

Started watching it , what a sack of crap, nearly hurled a mug of tea at the TV.

Foreigner lived here 15 years he has a job pays taxes and was still worried that he would be sent home because of the brexit vote.Cant he read a news paper . oh yeah probably

dont integrate with the scum english.

There was a London Mews house probably owned by a foreign invester £3.5 Million The garden was a window box.They kept having to reduce the price.

Same old were short of builders and we are going to have to import more foreign (cheap labour) crap, Ive watched foreign brickies it takes about 4 of them to do the work of

1 english brickie., and they leave a complete mess.

I

The first guy hoping to get £7-8k off a £140k house as a result of brexit is hardly bearish.

5% off a house that's 50% over priced.

nice.

I didn't watch this, try to avoid TV really but I was flicking through some channels in a hotel last night and as I went past ITV they mentioned this in passing along weith the phrase "HOUSE PRICE CRASH".

How I chuckled. Then I switched the TV off and watched a DVD.

To sum up the programme Ray Boulger gave advice.

Pity they didn't have Krusty on. Paint it magnolia and just rent it out innit

Started watching it , what a sack of crap, nearly hurled a mug of tea at the TV.

Foreigner lived here 15 years he has a job pays taxes and was still worried that he would be sent home because of the brexit vote.Cant he read a news paper . oh yeah probably

dont integrate with the scum english.

There was a London Mews house probably owned by a foreign invester £3.5 Million The garden was a window box.They kept having to reduce the price.

Same old were short of builders and we are going to have to import more foreign (cheap labour) crap, Ive watched foreign brickies it takes about 4 of them to do the work of

1 english brickie., and they leave a complete mess.

It stated the £3.5m house was owned by a Russian investor who had dug the basement out.

The chap hoping for 5% to 10% off initially said he wasn't buying because if the value dropped from £140k to £100k he would be in negative equity for life at his age. Then later.... "after talking to Ray Boulger, I've decided to buy and going to start looking...maybe a vendor will split the difference between 5% and 10% off". The "devil incarnate" clearly worked his magic on him, switching him from thoughts of -30% to -7.5% being a bargain.

They also had a chap on who represents 75% of estate agents and of course he picked out each area in the country in turn suggesting everything was fine, e.g. the North East because one investor bought some houses Brexit week, a solid statistical sample size!

It ended with house prices might be a bit high but mortgages are going to get cheaper, so tally ho...