House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Named Person.

Take that Sturgeon ya **** !! She will now probably demand a referendum on it.

What a revolting-sounding piece of legislation, I'm appalled whenever things like that even get suggested, let alone when vile scum attempt to implement them. Rather ironic that it seems to be EU legislation that it's run up against, how many times does Sturgeon need telling to feck off by the EU before she gets the message?

So today in HPC land everyone loves the European Convention on Human Rights and the fact that the courts can kick legislation into touch, as compared to other threads b!tching about the influence of europe on UK law and how the courts shouldn't challenge parliament

The inconsistency on this forum is laughable

So today in HPC land everyone loves the European Convention on Human Rights and the fact that the courts can kick legislation into touch, as compared to other threads b!tching about the influence of europe on UK law and how the courts shouldn't challenge parliament

Not at all. People are pleased that Sturgeon has been flouted from passing a controlling piece of legislation.

The method of its flouting is not the thing being celebrated; you have an incorrect conceit that it is.

I see no inconsistency, merely common sense.

If something is wrong it should be stopped, regardless of who suggests it or opposes it.

I see no inconsistency, merely common sense.

If something is wrong it should be stopped, regardless of who suggests it or opposes it.

Agreed. I would hope once we are out the EU - a UK legal body would be able to provide a similar common sense result such as this.

I'm laughing that "Scotland needs the EU" has been told to stuff it by EU law. In more absolute terms right result, wrong means.

Also regarding that sort of "inconsistency" as inconsistency implies a way of thinking that says something must be all good or all bad, you're inconsistent if you find anything at all good in something you oppose (or vice-versa). That is laughable (the same sort of argument that says you must be inconsistent if you don't want to live in the stone age if you don't like a lot of modern lfie).

Basically we like it when it does what we want it to do but we don't like it when it does things we don't want it to do

laughable

Can't wait to hear the bleating when judicial review stalls article 50

Basically we like it when it does what we want it to do but we don't like it when it does things we don't want it to do

laughable

Are you on the turn KoJ?

Although this legislation would not have affected me, I was absolutely opposed to this Statism from the moment I first heard of it. I detest and object to how everyone gets trawled up to combat the problems of a minority. I was also a little perturbed when family members who would have been affected, just shrugged their shoulders.

This court case should have Scots who are in favour of independence think of how their civil liberties could be seriously affected by no court of higher appeal if Scotland does not remain in the EU. The Edinburgh Court of Session threw out the initial case!

Unfortunately it is not dead as implied by this thread. The Scottish Government are already preparing their appeal and with a few tweaks they could be successful the next time!

A plurality of opinions is the whole point of discussion threads. The idea there should be forum wide consistency of opinion, rather than simply consistency from individual posters "is laughable".

Almost all complaints about the negative influence on UK law are about EU policy/directives. EU and ECHR are discrete entities with vastly different: scope, role and membership.

The Brexit does not in any way alter the UK's obligations under the ECHR, which is distinct from the EU. UK law derived from the ECHR would still stand and the UK would still be required to reflect the ECHR in any applicable new UK laws.

laughable

Nonsense, we like a correct decision irrespective of who makes it.

Nonsense, we like a correct decision irrespective of who makes it.

Yes. And the use of the terms "HPC land", "this forum" and "bleating" make me worry that KoJ, a very good poster, is heading down the slippery slope toward being another 25 year mortgage bitch, who is only on this forum to try to wreck it.

I was just thinking that exact thought as I was reading the thread!

Unfortunately it is not dead as implied by this thread. The Scottish Government are already preparing their appeal and with a few tweaks they could be successful the next time!

Yes, minor amendments and this will likely get passed, sadly.

Yes. And the use of the terms "HPC land", "this forum" and "bleating" make me worry that KoJ, a very good poster, is heading down the slippery slope toward being another 25 year mortgage bitch, who is only on this forum to try to wreck it.

Sorry, if I give that impression. I love this forum and the diverse views and input it gives

The HPC land and "this forum" is just me generalizing on the consensus I'm feeling re brexit, Europe and judicial review threads. Of course it's not everyone

I don't wish to disrupt this forum with trolling. I do my best to engage with and debate civilly with people who are civil with me, but in light of your comments frank, I'll re-read my posts before posting.

Sorry, if I give that impression. I love this forum and the diverse views and input it gives

The HPC land and "this forum" is just me generalizing on the consensus I'm feeling re brexit, Europe and judicial review threads. Of course it's not everyone

I don't wish to disrupt this forum with trolling. I do my best to engage with and debate civilly with people who are civil with me, but in light of your comments frank, I'll re-read my posts before posting.

Thank you KoJ. As I said you are a very good poster but that language is what the trolls use; I note that one on my ignore list, popgun, has posted and I of course won't be wasting my time in reading it.