House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
look to the past

First Time Buyers Weekend!

Bairstow Eves think that it is a good time to get some FTB’er in the office and find them a home.

I’m tempted to go up there and say I have an average wage of £26000 so what can you sell me?

So they’re set for a busy couple of days then – as they may a customer for a change? (If the advertising pays off)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-107...pa_n=5&tr_t=buy

FIRST TIME BUYERS WEEKEND! - 21st & 22nd January 2006 at our office at ** H*** S*****, M*****. Free advice without obligation. Your opportunity to find out all about the home buying process. From finding your first home right through to moving in!

SIPPS has blown up in the housing industry's face.

Another about face to try and attract what should have been their core market all along, fair weather friends the EA's, they may find the FTB's are so far behind now that no matter how hard they push there simply are not the numbers able or willing to sustain their income stream.

Notice how the industry fell absolutely silent on SIPPS when they were withdrawn, not a peep from 99% of it, as if it never happened. This New Year has seen more lip gloss painted on the pig than I remeber before, most of it made up on spurious, short term (weekly even) movements in the stats, rumours of interest rate cuts, anything and everything that could possibly be used.

Agree.

If transactions are running low anyway (what is it, 30% less buyers around than at peak?) and only 7% of the transactions remaining are by FTBs, it doesn't leave many of them.

But I suppose if 1 or 2 FTBs turn up then it's better than yet another day in the office with 0 interest?

Bairstow Eves think that it is a good time to get some FTB’er in the office and find them a home.

I’m tempted to go up there and say I have an average wage of £26000 so what can you sell me?

you should seriously go just to confirm just how bad the deal really is and just how stupid they might think you are. if your in south keep the wage the same. if the north drop it to 22k to make sure it realy is the norm. id be interested in the rubbish ideas they suggest to you.

DO IT!!

I reckon I would be the only one there – I would have to ask them about what they thought about a House Price Crash though.

It’s not worth taking any leaflets, as there won’t be any FTB ‘er there to give them to (although it would be fun to paste a HPC advert on the nearest lampposts)