House Price Crash Forum

Uninstall Windows 10

roger196

Windows 10 isn't so bad but there are two things that I dislike, one is the sheer amount of useless crap "Store Apps" they pre-install and the other is the telemetry data collection aspect. They are really trying to push their failing store efforts to the detriment of the end user experience.

Yes.

Windows 10 isn't so bad but there are two things that I dislike, one is the sheer amount of useless crap "Store Apps" they pre-install and the other is the telemetry data collection aspect. They are really trying to push their failing store efforts to the detriment of the end user experience.

Just uninstall all of them.

I hardly ever leave the desktop so don't notice them anyway.

Funnily enough I had a meeting with a woman today who lugged two laptops onto the table.

'Why two?' I asked.

One was her main laptop that she'd upgraded to 10. Had all her files on it, etc.

The other was an old computer with 7 on it, which she had to take with her because she couldn't use 10.

Now I know there are easier solutions - just copy files onto a disk, etc, etc... and Windows 10 isn't that much of a pain, but

What sort of supplier puts that much hassle through their customers without an option? I mean, they could have made a Windows 7 alike interface in the system - not an option buried when you start the new machine, but a simple choice ('would you like it to look like this or this' on install). But no, Microsoft know best, and if you want it a different way, tough. Surely the most arrogant company in the world.

Fine.

Unlike the game that I have to play on my phone where the many pre-installed google apps that I neither want nor use steadily upgrade themselves to reduce my limited storage to an unusable level whereupon I revert them back to their factory versions. And then they start steadily upgrading again. Rinse and repeat.

Edit: and they cannot be deleted.

They can if you root the phone. Albeit that Android itself may not then update, but if the phone works fine as it is, so what?

They can if you root the phone. Albeit that Android itself may not then update, but if the phone works fine as it is, so what?

That's beyond me and I get a new one in six months so I'll I make sure I get a bigger memory. I do only pay £7.50 a month before people start accusing me being a spendthrift.

Exactly. Trivial to do. So why don't Microsoft hand it to you on a plate? Because they don't want you to do it your way - they want you to do it their way, and they'll do everything they can to enforce it.

seems fair...I bought a bosch washing machine and it is different to the whirlpool my neighbour has.

I bought an LG washing machine, but I didn't buy the one with bluetooth, and a phone app to see when the cycle has finished. It plays a tune anyway, so I know. :wacko:

seems fair...I bought a bosch washing machine and it is different to the whirlpool my neighbour has.

And if you liked the Bosch you could stick with it, and, you know what, Bosch will continue to sell you one with the same interface. Oh, they might invent fancier models with a more advanced interface, but you could still get one with the old-fashioned interface. They wouldn't retire their interface until they undertook customer research and found out that very few people wanted/expected the old interface.

Funnily enough I had a meeting with a woman today who lugged two laptops onto the table.

'Why two?' I asked.

One was her main laptop that she'd upgraded to 10. Had all her files on it, etc.

The other was an old computer with 7 on it, which she had to take with her because she couldn't use 10.

Now I know there are easier solutions - just copy files onto a disk, etc, etc... and Windows 10 isn't that much of a pain, but

What sort of supplier puts that much hassle through their customers without an option? I mean, they could have made a Windows 7 alike interface in the system - not an option buried when you start the new machine, but a simple choice ('would you like it to look like this or this' on install). But no, Microsoft know best, and if you want it a different way, tough. Surely the most arrogant company in the world.

Don't find them any worse than any other computer company.

Surely the worst is Apple.

Apple is not the wonder worker that it was. The original iPhone was quite a stylish bit of kit, but what more can they offer us. to tempt us to spend on "gadgets"?

Apple is not the wonder worker that it was. The original iPhone was quite a stylish bit of kit, but what more can they offer us. to tempt us to spend on "gadgets"?

Indeed, I am finding Apple gadgets are becoming of increasingly poor quality.

Also, their software is getting worse. Back in the iPhone 5 and OSX Lions days, I never had issues. Since then, I am finding apps frequently crash. Particularly when using cut and paste, or indeed in the past when just using Safari.

By contrast, I've found W10 more stable (with the exception of Cortana). The only OSes i've never had real issues with are Ubuntu and Linux Mint.

I installed it when it first become available, No media edition included. I used to enjoy watching tv in one corner of the screen out of one eye while browsing the internet with the other eye.

My graphics card had a problem it occasionally went to a black screen, then told me i had a problem. Goodbye windows 10. reinstalled windows 8

bored with computers now ,And TV is not worthy of watching out of one eye. so i am going to try ubuntu, i am told most stuff works on it. Apart from Photoshop.

Apple products i bought an I-Pod nano7 mp3 player Totally against my normal beliefs paying 5x more for a product that its worth.

So far the 25 hour battery life only lasts 6 hours????.

Lucky Apple dont start making washing machines cost about £2000 and wont finish the first cycle.

And if you liked the Bosch you could stick with it, and, you know what, Bosch will continue to sell you one with the same interface. Oh, they might invent fancier models with a more advanced interface, but you could still get one with the old-fashioned interface. They wouldn't retire their interface until they undertook customer research and found out that very few people wanted/expected the old interface.

Actually, the new bosch is different to the old bosch...bigger, better faster, buttons instead of a dial...

Archived