House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

The Mark Carnage Carney Thread

The result. Yet again the bankrupt fo england has shat another load of cheap money into markets to further distort them and no doubt caused much of the sterling selloff impoverishing us once again.

Serial bedwtters and worse than useless as all they add is more disfuctional liquidity.

Seeing more and more of this lately - but pre-Brexit there were no MSM articles openly calling for her to resign.

Or were there?

No. Just me. To be fair, I wasnt calling for them to resign, i was calling for them to be jailed :lol:

Once again, the MSM are years late with their honest opinion on something. You see, if they stated the obvious years ago, they would be scared to be unpopular. Carney was doing an OK job (according to MSM) for years. Now he magically isn't. Except he's just saying the same stuff over and over. Spineless and useless.

It shows how bad Carney is when people are asking for Merv to come back.

No, it just means that the MSM narrative never turned against Merv. He has the key skills of not being caught out, mainly because unlike Carnage he kept his mouth shut....

No, it just means that the MSM narrative never turned against Merv. He has the key skills of not being caught out, mainly because unlike Carnage he kept his mouth shut....

Also he has done the MSM studio paper round on cricket, blowing smoke up various back passages. He also benefits from playing the "harmless, Wurthers munching Grandad."

Just this morning Lloyd cutting 3000 places and 200 branches. No doubt there are many others about to do the same. He should have cut the chat and and actually raised rate two to three years ago. What he's created is an environment predicated on ZIRP and banks are going to struggle to survive.

Don't get me wrong I'm no banking shill but we do actually need a functioning banking sector not one that is on constant life support. Its like he's a team manager and his whole team are in an ICU. the doctors haven't the resources to get a recovery for them all without letting one or two die. Being weak willed he'd rather not face the decision and just avoids the facing reality.

I don't believe someone who can claw their way to a top job like that can be stupid. In my own job I sometimes come into contact with "top people" (by my standards anyway the sort who are on a couple of million a year) and none of them are stupid. At least not on political and financial subjects. So why does Carney do what he does? It's not like he's acting much different from other central bank heads either.

I wonder what would happen if he got up one day and thought F this I am sick of it let's twist some MPC arms and crank up interest rates a bit. What would really happen. There would be howls of protest from debtors everywhere but equally the love would roll in from investors. Doesn't look like he's going to do that so all I can think of is to agree with people on here who suggest he's solidly under orders to keep the plates spinning.

all I can think of is to agree with people on here who suggest he's solidly under orders to keep the plates spinning.

Whose orders though - the banks such as his former employer Goldman Sachs, or the govt? In recent years, the interests of those two groups has been very aligned. Would be interesting to see how Carney would handle a divergence however.

Whose orders though - the banks such as his former employer Goldman Sachs, or the govt? In recent years, the interests of those two groups has been very aligned. Would be interesting to see how Carney would handle a divergence however.

There won't ever be a divergence IMO. Any talk of govt cracking down on the banks is pure posturing designed to make it look like they're doing something.

I don't believe someone who can claw their way to a top job like that can be stupid.

I've said that for a long while.

The bankers and the politicians have a clear plan. They know what they are doing. They are in possession of facts/data that we are not.

Which means they are not making mistakes, they are making decisions. If these decisions are shown to be fraudulent they should be jailed.

How can anyone take money from building companies then bring out a scheme offering to pay building companies a 20% deposit from tax payer funds then sit back and watch house prices shoot up 20% is beyond me. For me, this is not politics, this is the act of criminals.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

How this man was not booted out 5 minutes after Osbourne left is a complete mystery to me. Carney has to be in control of one of the biggest state controlled ponzi scheme ever see on this planet. The moment house prices drop 20% all his "controlling of the economy" will be seen as the BS it was and is. The UK economy will go under for a while, far too much of our illusionary wealth is tied up in the Great British housing scam, my one biggest worry is how much more debt will he pile into this scam.

Another £50bn QE next week plus a 25bp rate cut seems on the cards. Then it's down to Hammond. The Labour Party has called for another £500bn to be added to the national debt by 2020/21. If recent history is any guide then the Tories will make that figure a covert target. Clearly, any intention they ever had to deliver a balanced budget has been abandoned entirely.

Another £50bn QE next week plus a 25bp rate cut seems on the cards. Then it's down to Hammond. The Labour Party has called for another £500bn to be added to the national debt by 2020/21. If recent history is any guide then the Tories will make that figure a covert target. Clearly, any intention they ever had to deliver a balanced budget has been abandoned entirely.

There was no intention to ever deliver a balanced budget.

Surely this can't be a game that goes on forever?

How long will it be before a full blown currency crisis? There must be a few large pension funds ready to pop under current interest rate policy.

I've said that for a long while.

The bankers and the politicians have a clear plan. They know what they are doing. They are in possession of facts/data that we are not.

Which means they are not making mistakes, they are making decisions.

These decisions are fraudulent and they they should be jailed.

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the banks and financial systems but won't the imminent collapse of Deutsche Bank likely be the 'black swan' (or not) that nobody thought would actually happen - this will surely push up rates here in the UK, right?