House Price Crash Forum

Amazon Drones

MSE refugee

HOLA441

Amazon have approval to test out drones for deliveries.

How long do you think it will take for them to be banned?

The obvious problem is that they could be shot down or intercepted by other drones.

My main concern is that we will soon see some sort of an attack by the ROP using drones.

HOLA442

I can see me see sending my crystal wine goblets back, due to being broken! :blink:

What a stupid idea when "Hermes" threw a boxed radio over my fence, because I wasn't in.

They beat Amazon at "crap delivery tactics"

HOLA443
HOLA444

I can see me see sending my crystal wine goblets back, due to being broken! :blink:

What a stupid idea when "Hermes" threw a boxed radio over my fence, because I wasn't in.

They beat Amazon at "crap delivery tactics"

Hermes created the situation that killed one of my beloved greyhounds last year - left the back gate wide open, despite a notice that dogs were loose. Poor Gunner died of a heart attack. Literally ran his heart out.

Drones: gimmick. Just because they can doesn't mean they're obliged to do it.

HOLA445

Hermes created the situation that killed one of my beloved greyhounds last year - left the back gate wide open, despite a notice that dogs were loose. Poor Gunner died of a heart attack. Literally ran his heart out.

Drones: gimmick. Just because they can doesn't mean they're obliged to do it.

"Kevin Turvey" Rik Mayall did that!

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I don't see how this can ever work.

How will they stop the following?

- Me flying my own drone around 'accidentally' crashing it into Amazon drones.

- Me hanging out of my window or running around with a large net 'accidentally' catching drones.

- A drone hitting someone who is hanging out of a window/on a roof/up a tree etc etc etc

- Birds of prey targetting drones (this happens the whole time)

- People complaining about drones flying over their property (and possibly taking action to prevent it).

- Noise pollution.

- People using intereference devices to hack/target drones in transit.

HOLA4413

Drones are still pretty noisy, right? It's bad enough when you get a police helicopter circling over your area - imagine tens of drones going over all day, every day...

^ This.

EDIT: Anecdote: I recently had to spend a couple of hours in Bordeaux's main hospital (nothing bad BTW).

The main building is maybe 10 floors, with a helipad on top. Every 20 mins or so a chopper came in with another urgent load.

The racket seriously got on my nerves - I have no idea how the staff working there put up with it.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

- Me hanging out of my window or running around with a large net 'accidentally' catching drones.

- A drone hitting someone who is hanging out of a window/on a roof/up a tree etc etc etc

- People complaining about drones flying over their property (and possibly taking action to prevent it).

- Noise pollution.

You forgot the pet dog jumping up at it, and getting diced in the rotor blades.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

- Noise pollution.

They won't need to stop it, as it's not going anywhere. Just a load of PR guff to get a bit of easy promotion. Clever.

There's a whole host or problems in addition to the above:

- Cannot support any weight at all

- Privacy concerns as they'll be loaded with cameras

- Charging stations needed (PP?) as they'll run out of juice with current batteries in half an hour

HOLA4419

Amazon drones - driverless cars etc. Just a load of old shite to distract the masses. NOT going to happen.

I predict Amazon stuff will still arrive in a van with a driver.

HOLA4420

Nonsense indeed.....still prefer a postperson, nothing is that important that required within the hour.......are they planning on doing away with postmen/delivery people?......and they call spies in the skies progress.... fly and wasps are irritating enough already.

HOLA4421

Nonsense indeed.....still prefer a postperson, nothing is that important that required within the hour.......are they planning on doing away with postmen/delivery people?......and they call spies in the skies progress.... fly and wasps are irritating enough already.

I want to see them post things through letterboxes before we worry about that...

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

That's not the modern way, you're living in the last century still (which is a perfectly sensible thing to do considering how stupid the current one is). So what about flies and wasps, background noise isn't something anyone even notices any more (which is sad). You may not want things within the hour but you're living surrounded by people suffering from chronic impatience and laziness (unless you're somewhere remote go to the bloody shops if you want something quickly). And the modern drive of society is to do away with people where possible, far better to build very complex machines to do jobs people can do easily, for reasons that I've not figured out.

HOLA4424

This would be great fun for the yob and criminal elements of places like the Manor or Firth Park in Sheffield: Shooting down drones with .22 air rifles/catapult AAA. They'd probably assume that they could be plod/DWP spy drones too.

In fact, they'd probably order something from Amazon just to get a drone to play with. Imagine a dogfight with a red painted drone with a camera on it - the footage would be a YouTube/Facebook sensation!

HOLA4425

Archived