House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

How Much Is Your Mum-In-Law Worth Bernie?

It appears that Bernie's Mum-in-law has been kidnapped in Brazil and is being held hostage for ransom.

Formula 1 tycoon Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law has been KIDNAPPED in Brazil with demands for a $36m ransom

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708138/Formula-1-tycoon-Bernie-Ecclestone-s-mother-law-KIDNAPPED-Brazil.html#ixzz4FUb9tTCD

So, do you pay the ransom or do you get a new 38 year old girlfriend?

3697B80F00000578-3708138-image-a-24_1469

A fascinating dilemma - he surely won't want to pay much or even anything, in case it just happens again.

On a side note I knew someone whose father was kidnapped in Brazil - held blindfolded in the corner of some favella box for a few days, until luckily he managed to escape while the guard was down.

Daughter - "Mum I can't go on like this! I thought he'd be gone by now but he still seems really healthy"

Mum - "Well can't you divorce him?"

Daughter - "He's got all the best lawyers, and he made me sign a pre-nup. I'd only get a few million."

Mum - "Well I know some people, maybe it's time for me to have a short holiday......."

For someone supposedly so astute, he does seem a complete sucker for women. Shame.

He's 85, and you only live once. What's the point of being hugely rich and powerful if you don't wake up next to an attractive woman every morning?

I just hope he has got all the best lawyers and made her sign a pre-nup...

He's 85, and you only live once. What's the point of being hugely rich and powerful if you don't wake up next to an attractive woman every morning?

Maybe I'm an old romantic, but trophy wives aren't my thing. That might change I suppose if I were 85 and a billionaire.

His daughters both seem like living trainwrecks.

He's got enough money to go to bed with a different beautiful women every night. I don't know how any man in that position can trust a woman unless he's marrying one his own age, but then what's the point?

He's got enough money to go to bed with a different beautiful women every night. I don't know how any man in that position can trust a woman unless he's marrying one his own age, but then what's the point?

Some people would argue that you can't trust women anyway, but that's for another thread ;-)

I can see why one reasonably attractive, reasonably nice woman who does a convincing enough job of pretending to love you even though you're a wrinkly old troll would be desirable, and worth paying a few million for.

On a vaguely half-serious note, isn't it quite difficult to put 36m into a bag, or even to get the cash these days . . . you know, money laundering and stuff?

The 40m he kicked back to Gribkowsky was sent anonymously via the Virgin Islands to Austria and still picked up by tax people.

Not to mention Google knowing the location of the miscreants already, unless they are writing in pencil and sending ransom notes by carrier pigeon.

On Bernie's twitter the most interested tweet appears to be "Great t*ts!" so I really don't think that the world is worried that much about the kidnapping.

I can't see him paying that ransom or anything remotely near that ransom.

I always got the impression, perhasp wrongly, that his divorce was some kind of clever tax planning that put most of his fortune into a trust for his daughters and now ex-wife.

If I was seriously loaded I would be entering into contracts with various gorgeous ladies - X million over X years in return for being a good lay and look nice on my arm out and about. When the contract expires we either renegotiate or we go our separate ways.

I wouldn't bother getting married outright, let alone if I were a billionaire. Easiest way to lose half your cash.

I think a lot of rich guys, actors, sportsmen etc, enter into very watertight contracts. The women take the millions for a few years and then, once the contract is up, move on to another guy when their replacement comes along.

I could name a long list of people where it is suspected that this business arrangement has been done, or done in the past, but the laws of libel, and hard proof, stop me from doing so. But I suspect we can all name several suspects.

Some of these rich guys would perhaps not think twice about ordering the knocking off someone who decided that they wanted more than the contract. Hence the wise trophy wives just walk away with their millions.

I think a lot of rich guys, actors, sportsmen etc, enter into very watertight contracts. The women take the millions for a few years and then, once the contract is up, move on to another guy when their replacement comes along.

I could name a long list of people where it is suspected that this business arrangement has been done, or done in the past, but the laws of libel, and hard proof, stop me from doing so. But I suspect we can all name several suspects.

Some of these rich guys would perhaps not think twice about ordering the knocking off someone who decided that they wanted more than the contract. Hence the wise trophy wives just walk away with their millions.

Maybe, although I still wouldn't risk it. Why bother getting married and having to enforce everything via those methods. I'd just insist on staying as partners, if you want to split up then it can be done instantly.

Maybe, although I still wouldn't risk it. Why bother getting married and having to enforce everything via those methods. I'd just insist on staying as partners, if you want to split up then it can be done instantly.

Perhaps they want the illusion of a marriage? Perhaps they want one woman that they control? Perhaps they want one woman that no one else is having sex with? Perhaps they want simply the company of a woman?

Perhaps they want the illusion of a marriage? Perhaps they want one woman that they control? Perhaps they want one woman that no one else is having sex with? Perhaps they want simply the company of a woman?

You can have all but one of those without getting married.

(And being married doesn't guarantee them any more than not being married)

Marriage still seems to be very important in the world of celebrity power, being married to the right person can boost your profile and career immensely. There's the day, the guestlist, the photographs, the exclusive rights sold to a gossip mag, she was wearing so-and-so, they honeymooned in blah blah (all uploaded to Instagram of course). If you can have all that with a watertight contract, maybe it makes financial sense.

I don't think any of that applies to Bernie though.