HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

In the UK the numbers of "the disabled" seemed to leap all of a sudden on NuLabour gaining power - as evidenced by the sudden jump in the number of disabled parking bays in the supermarkets covering vast areas.

These days in some of the supermarkets you've got to be capable to walk a good distance if you aren't entitled to park in the disabled bays and don't want to break the rules. Actually even some of the disabled have to be able to traverse quite a distance from the fringes of the disabled bay areas.

Any attacker wanting to reduce disabled numbers by illegal means is going to have his/her work cut out in the UK.

HOLA4410

Please excuse my ignorance but what does "Browns TCs" mean?

Tax credits, but I am concerned that this thread is going to descend into disabled bashing which would wholly inappropriate so can we leave the disability / benefits / fat stuff for another thread please ladies and (mostly) gentlemen.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I know a couple who are always banging on about how rich their friends are. What I only recently found out is that it's through care homes including that one near Bristol that was on Panorama with the undercover filming of staff hitting the patients.

So rich, yet cant pay for basic care cover or fire doors. Altruism stops at the carer level.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Do the Japanese send off their disabled to live in these type of centres as the norm ? If so that's very different to what happens here. I have no clue but would be interested to hear anyone who does.

HOLA4416

The letter reportedly outlined an attack on two facilities and Uematsu apparently wrote he had the ability to kill 470 disabled people.

Presumably his upper limit of 470 would be determined by the number of facilities in any one area and the distance he could be reasonably expected to travel.

HOLA4417

Tax credits, but I am concerned that this thread is going to descend into disabled bashing which would wholly inappropriate so can we leave the disability / benefits / fat stuff for another thread please ladies and (mostly) gentlemen.

My comment relate to the severely disabled.

Partner works at a 'special' school.

Half the kids are what you'd termed special - people who got the wooden spoon of the genetics lottery.

These you can sort of muddle along with and the family can have some semblance of normality.

The other half are cabbages - whooping, incontinent.

These tend to destroy most families. no matter how functioning.

They have 20-30 years of carrying what is effectively an incontinent sack of potatoes around.

These ruin the parents and and siblings life. Then they die in their teens /early 20s.

HOLA4418

Do the Japanese send off their disabled to live in these type of centres as the norm ? If so that's very different to what happens here. I have no clue but would be interested to hear anyone who does.

I think they do.

Physical + mentally disabled end up in state orphanages, way out in the sticks.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

What a terribly cowardly and vindictive attack.

Cowardly? Can't say I see anything about it one way or the other on the cowardly - bravery scale (sorry, that mis-use of "cowardly" is one of my pet hates). "Coward" is not a synonym for "scum."

HOLA4421

In the UK the numbers of "the disabled" seemed to leap all of a sudden on NuLabour gaining power - as evidenced by the sudden jump in the number of disabled parking bays in the supermarkets covering vast areas.

These days in some of the supermarkets you've got to be capable to walk a good distance if you aren't entitled to park in the disabled bays and don't want to break the rules. Actually even some of the disabled have to be able to traverse quite a distance from the fringes of the disabled bay areas.

Any attacker wanting to reduce disabled numbers by illegal means is going to have his/her work cut out in the UK.

Your use of the " " around disabled seems to be a hate comment of it's own

and the last sentence reads pretty badly as well.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Your use of the " " around disabled seems to be a hate comment of it's own

and the last sentence reads pretty badly as well.

You likely jump to incorrect conclusions and claim to read that emotion into even the slightest remark on any similar subject. That has a particular superficiality and impulsive judgementalism of its own.

To make things absolutely clear - the cause of the sudden leap in numbers is well known, well established and is also officially known to be in large part due to shifts in category for political reasons and as result of statistical manipulation, for example from the unemployed jobseekers category to the disabled category. Of course there's the age factor as well.

That's what "the disabled" meant in my post - before anyone else offered up the above explanation in response.

Certainly there's no dislike by me or criticism from me for any genuine individuals in any UK category - from unemployed jobseekers to disabled etc and merely a recognition of reality in the manipulation of UK statistics. The general system is quite another matter.

Genuine disabled are of course entitled to all due sympathy and help as are the unemployed (so far as I am concerned even including those genuine ones who have who have had to shift to a different category for statistical reasons).

The final sentence was a bit of a jibe at the attacker of disabled in Japan as well as the well known UK system and if that reads badly to you or anyone else then I guess it's tough, one can't please everyone on a forum.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived