House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Silverfinger

President T R U M P

It was September last year, on a US visit and watching Trump speaking as a candidate for the first time, that it became a certainty to me that he (or at least that thing on his head) would win the race for US President 2016.

Trump will win for one single reason alone: A BREXIT-like "stick it to the establishment"-attitude of the disenchanted. For those of you, who have doubts, read the following, which was written by no one less than Michael Moore:

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

What will Trump's election do for house prices?

I think the impact could be negative and massive. Trump has recently uttered statements ranging from a conditionality of the NATO treaty (depending on financial contributions) to the questioning of the US's membership with and adherence to the WTO. Other statements included threats of additional trade tariffs for countries from Mexico to China.

Election of Trump will be unexpected (like BREXIT) and add great economic uncertainty to what is a pretty uncertain state of the world already. I cannot see how Britain or Europe will benefit from Trump's isolationist policies if/when he will start putting them into practice. This uncertainty and the economic fallout for export orientied industries with a focus on the US could be massive, and - no doubt - will not be a positive for house prices.

As for the US, most citizens are so used to cheap tat from China - be it iPhones or the $1 shelves at Target and Walmart - that they will experience a huge wake-up call if trading with China should get rocky. Indeed, this will be an inflationary shock and not pretty, but it will be the kind of inflation that will not help asset prices.

Edited by Silverfinger

"He's going to win accept it" then ends with some self promotional line how next week he'll show us how to beat Trump.

Moore always was a cretin.

In general we all seem to have spent the last 40 years being forcibly thrown together in a mix of races, cultures and religions...whether we liked it or not. Native inhabitants have seen their local environments change quickly and radically and any one who has complained has been labelled by the academic shills as some sort of "ist". This has all been backed up by the media and in many cases the law.

The vast majority of people are decent and good and so they have tried their best to get on with it...no doubt with some underlying widespread resentment.

Now however this situation seems to be under attack and it seems that there are deliberate attempts to stoke the fires of resentment. I see it happening in Germany and in the UK with the post BREXIT racist incidents.

Trump is an example of this in the US.

I cant get the Balkans situation in the 1990s out of my mind and I hope that the western world does not go down that route...but as we saw after BREXIt, it doesnt take much to embolden people into some excessive behaviour.

Once you see one conspiracy you start seeing them all over, however I do wonder whether we have all been set up for this sort of failure.

"He's going to win accept it" then ends with some self promotional line how next week he'll show us how to beat Trump.

Moore always was a cretin.

I think he is right in what he writes, and I think the piece that is coming will be more along the line "if only Hillary did this and that", but the point is that she will not and has not.

Trump is mobilizing people who have never voted before. Underestimating him because he makes an outrageous remark every time he opens his mouth would be dangerous.

Last year I was told by US family that Trump was his own biggest enemy. Yes, true. But look where we are at now.

Edited by Silverfinger

Trump needs to win in order to save America. The alternative, with the criminal-neocon lunatic Hillary in charge, is just too terrible to contemplate.

Trump needs to win in order to save America. The alternative, with the criminal-neocon lunatic Hillary in charge, is just too terrible to contemplate.

Many have just demonised Trump and hoped that scaring everyone will prevent him from gaining office. He won't be able to do many of the things he's promoted but he can move the nation in that direction.

It interests me that suggesting that the US stops meddling in foreign affairs has some many Libtards/SJW screaming its wrong. We're constantly told to compensate or repent for the actions of previous generations we should just let other nation manage their own affairs.

I can't wait for trump to win. It will be Brexit on steroid and quite frankly, I want to see the chaos that ensues.

Can't wait too. All those Millennials running for their safe spaces. The suns heat is about to melt all those Snowflakes. Roll on Trigglypuff.

I can't wait for trump to win. It will be Brexit on steroid and quite frankly, I want to see the chaos that ensues.

How do you and your family intend to survive?

I'm sure many people will vote Trump but won't admit it. However I can also see him being another US President to be assassinated......

Although what Trump will actually bring is uncertain, he seems to have a contradictory opinion on everything and at some point you have to have consistent policies. So far I've only gathered that America is going to win (win what I've no idea but they are going to win) and he's going to build a wall. Then he just speaks randomly depending on what mood he's in.

If he wins it's going to be one hell of a roller coaster.

I think what you write is one of the reason that Moore sees working for Trump.

I am not a Trump supporter. Independent of his policies, think he is too much a loose cannon to be a good president. But then, he might surprise in finding his role once elected. Like everyone else, he promises a lot which he will not be able to keep, unless he is willing to face major fallout. He is clever, but no match for Hillary's intellect. But this is not what this election is about. Hillary is establishment, she has been around the block for too long. Trump is exciting, new, has reality TV experience, and wants to make America great again. What does one want more?

I did notice you tried to keep it relevant to house prices at least partially :P

I hope Trump wins as he'll piss off all the right people. The only issue I can see is that he's previously been a liberal not too long ago; I'm not sure how genuine he is.

Trump is the anti establishment, anti globalist, anti immigration vote.

You're a pleb so give two fingers to the elite.

There are lot of unhappy plebs out there.

The house prices in the middle east will be flattened, so more refugees in Europe etc... Hopefully he'll be the first president since Kennedy to be killed though. He's got a big head, so may need a bazooka to blow that mullet off.

Who are the right people? How will pissing them off help others?

The thing which I find disheartening is Trump and many of his supporters seem mostly to be SJWs too. They may be anti-SJW but it really just seems to amount to the same thing - talk about how you feel about things: police being treated badly, people not respecting the military, trying to marginalise Christianity, being made to feel bad about white heritage, but not really doing anything.

Agree about Sanders. One doesn't have to agree with his policies or outlook. If he were able to reform campaign financing it would allow serious debate in politics, whereas for decades it has just been about who the big donors support. I think Sanders would be good for serious people all over the political spectrum.

Many have just demonised Trump and hoped that scaring everyone will prevent him from gaining office. He won't be able to do many of the things he's promoted but he can move the nation in that direction.

It interests me that suggesting that the US stops meddling in foreign affairs has some many Libtards/SJW screaming its wrong. We're constantly told to compensate or repent for the actions of previous generations we should just let other nation manage their own affairs.

Odd that is n't that some of the the Blair generation seem to have swallowed hook, line and sinker the New Lab concept that the propagation of a supposedly liberal 'inclusive' political agenda agenda at home is somehow compatible with a militarist imperialist interventionist foreign policy abroad. Hillary Clinton is the very embodiment of that idea. Of course, both Blair and Clinton are neo liberal wolves in sheeps clothing and the touchy feely social agenda is just a front for blowing the crap out of people who stand in the way of the advancement of the globalist agenda.

I think Trump will surprise to the upside if he wins- for all the bluster he's basically a pragmatist and will be looking to make whatever compromises required to give him a second term. Clinton is more dangerous in my view because she takes herself seriously and there's nothing more scary than a sense of manifest destiny combined with access to vast military power and nuclear weapons.

So now Trump has invited Russia to interfere in the American electoral process, said that Crimea should be recognised as Russian, and hinted that NATO is in its last days. Even Right wing libertarians must be getting nervous about the world they've helped create. The age of political correctness which has pissed them off so much is going to end up looking like a golden age of freedom.

So now Trump has invited Russia to interfere in the American electoral process, said that Crimea should be recognised as Russian, and hinted that NATO is in its last days. Even Right wing libertarians must be getting nervous about the world they've helped create. The age of political correctness which has pissed them off so much is going to end up looking like a golden age of freedom.

Nah. As per usual, sorting the bluster from the facts helps.

What Trump actually said was that Russia had already hacked various other government departments, maybe they hacked Hillary's dodgy server in the process. If they have, then let's see it.

I saw this on another site:

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a pub. Donald leans over, and with a smile on his face, says, "The media are really tearing you apart for That Scandal."

Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"

Trump: "No, the other one."

Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"

Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"

Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, hiring cronies, and taking bribes from foreign countries?

Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"

Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"

Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"

Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"

Trump: "No the other one:"

Hillary: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"

Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"

Hillary: "Turning our backs on Israel?"

Hillary: "The joke Iran Nuke deal? "

Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "

Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"

Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"

Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"

Hillary: “You mean taking the $145,000,000.00 from Putin for the Uranium Bribe ? “

Trump : “ No the other one .”

Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware and china when Bill left Office?"

Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".

Trumps newly announced economic plans - which should lead to a further hyper-inflation of US treasury debt:

- Cut corporate tax from 35% to 15%.

- Abolish inheritance tax.

- Splendid economic isolation.

Sounds like a program for rich nationalists.