House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

The Guardian's Bonfire Of The Scott Trust Money

The Scott Trust - £800m of tax avoiding assets - has been used to fund the Guardian's huge losses as it tries to reposition itself into something that doesn't lose vast amounts of money. Good luck with that one.

They've been burning money at the rate of £50m or so a year - well it's better than giving it to charity, eh Guardian readers - but have excelled themsleves with £173m this year. Awesome performance chaps, chappesses and non-gendered trans people.

Guido:

The FT reports that write downs and one offs took the Guardian Media Group’s losses last year to £173 million. Operating losses at the Guardian itself were £69 million – over a million quid a week. Unsurprisingly the redundancies have hit 20% of the staff – headcount had reached over 1000 employees. The question is will they retrench or continue the global expansion (of losses) in America and Australia?

Now I know that write-downs are just that, but they do represent money previously wasted by the Guardian on failed projects so they are really earlier year losses just now recognised as such.

A few more years of this and it will have vanished up its own editorial column. Yes!

http://order-order.com/2016/07/25/guardian-losses-total-173-million/

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/guardian-editor-alan-rusbridger-rupert-murdoch

That I might live to see the Labour Party and the Grauniad die.

That will be a two bottle occasion.

Deaths of two neo centre right establishment whores requires lots of ice.

The Guardian recently started a campaign to give them money, kind of a supporter fee, but you did not get any more content as a supporter.

I have read that news paper online viewing has peaked, and is in some cases declinings as people get their news in new ways. so, so much for there move into new technology.

I personally have stopped reading the Guardian site in protest at their Brexit coverage.

Ten years ago I thought the Guardian was what 'smart' people read.

Then over the last 5 years I could rarely open it without seeing a article linked that pushed the SJW agenda to the point that it made my blood boil.

I would be quite happy to see the Guardian collapse.

Lift whingers won't pay for left wing claptrap. Who would have thought? Maybe they really are more intelligent?

Guardian is about as left wing as new labour.

Sure it has the veneer and the odd token misandry peddling militant feminist.. But underneath it's pure establishment.

And like new labour it is rabidly descending into irrelevance.

Guardian is about as left wing as new labour.

Sure it has the veneer and the odd token misandry peddling militant feminist.. But underneath it's pure establishment.

And like new labour it is rabidly descending into irrelevance.

Just ask Sarah Tisdall.....