House Price Crash Forum

The Final Word On My Purchase Fallen Through

HOLA441

My solicitor confirmed today he has been unable to get the vendors solicitor to even reply to him. So I have given up all hope of my purchase going through.

I thought you might like to hear what he said though: "I have a feeling they decided not to sell because last year the papers were full of stories about house prices falling, but now they're full of stories about them rising".

Love it....... :D

And he promised to go easy on the bill, £50 off £1300 won't mean much though..... :(

Here's the link to the house that I was buying for anyone who didn't see me post it last thursday:

http://wells.webdadi.biz/details.dtx?prope...12-ACDC4530A7F8

A bit cheeky that the agent hasn't taken it off their website yet though. Any one of you are welcome to call them & verify my story. A normal approach: That house on your website, I'm interested in it, how is the sale proceeding?

HOLA442

My solicitor confirmed today he has been unable to get the vendors solicitor to even reply to him. So I have given up all hope of my purchase going through.

I thought you might like to hear what he said though: "I have a feeling they decided not to sell because last year the papers were full of stories about house prices falling, but now they're full of stories about them rising".

And he promised to go easy on the bill, £50 off £1300 won't mean much though..... :(

Here's the link to the house that I was buying for anyone who didn't see me post it last thursday:

A bit cheeky that the agent hasn't taken it off their website yet though. Any one of you are welcome to call them & verify my story. A normal approach: That house on your website, I'm interested in it, how is the sale proceeding?

Wish you had bought it you berk

HOLA443

Soo 2002......

I bet the Vendors are refusing buyers "as there's not enough properties to go around for all of them" :rolleyes::lol:, Demands exceeds supply, etc

I got an Idea for you, offer him 500k on top of his asking price, he cant refuse then could he?, surely 500k's nothing to someone of your affluence? :D

Edited by A Fool & His Borrowed Money

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The newspapers are certainly full of something but I don't its confined to accurate news!

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA447

"I have a feeling" - this must be the truth then

"last year the papers were full of stories about house prices falling" - Did I miss them then, from what I recall there was one article in the mirror on the front page.

Maybe your sale did fall through but who really gives a sh#t :rolleyes:

HOLA448
HOLA449

Gotta say "fair play" to TTRTR at least he keeps coming back in spite of all the stick he gets.

But while I respect opposing opinions, I gotta say, this is another "Is he waving or drowning?" post.

However, contrary to what he says, I suspect that reality is starting to hit home and he is not too upset about losing this one. I dont for one minute believe that newspaper stories are the catalyst.

Keep it up TTRTR you crafty bugger. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I don't believe you TTRTR, sounds more like you pulled out on the deal, having been persuaded by all our comments on HPC.

Suspect TTRTR didn't want to add anymore to his £2m worth of debt... :lol:

Better start thinking about selling a few of those HMOs off TTRTR if you haven't already missed the boat that is! :D

Just for you:

Speaking via email to one of my tenants moving out & replacing themselves, I aksed them what response they'd had to their ad, they said they had a huge response. They only told me they were moving on monday night, so 1 ad & their room was taken.

Who in their right mind would sell a shared house in a market like that?

And I suspect that you don't have an issue with my story, you just wanted to have a go. If you don't like my story, ring the agent & tell them you heard a rumour about this house, that the seller pulled out etc, see what they say.

HOLA4413

Who has those figures for TTRTR's supposed 'portfolio'? I want to work out how much each extra quarter point in interest is going to cost him

With an economy moving into recession the odd quarter percent is unlikely to affect the trend. With unemployment rising and confidence deteriorating, owning a portfolio of depreciating assets with negative cashflow might be better traded for cash in the bank at 5% or so risk-free.

HOLA4414

Utter rubbish, everyone has a price, you clearly just don't want to pay it. Why is that?

Because TTRTR has a clue and knows unlike most people how to run his BTL business. At the price he was paying it makes sense, above it it doesn't so he is applying common sense and walking away.

HOLA4415

Well, you can't possibly disagree with that can you?

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4416
Because TTRTR has a clue and knows unlike most people how to run his BTL business. At the price he was paying it makes sense, above it it doesn't so he is applying common sense and walking away.

Exactly. But you don't often hear TTRTR say that (some) property is overvalued, do you? In fact he seems to be using this example as showing the strength in the market at opposed to the seller's unrealistic expectations.

HOLA4417

I have no issues with your story whatsoever. Can't for the life of me fathom out why someone such as yourself would go on a public forum and pour out their guts for all to see, that's all. I hope the taxman isn't watching btw...

As I said previously, good luck to you, you're gonna need it in the years to come...

Out of interest, do you think demand will remain buoyant in the depths of the forthcoming recession, especially as it looks as if it's gonna be a nasty one?

Not sure if you realise this but I would say that you seem rather edgy of late.

I love how you bears drop little inuendos into your posts, like the taxman bit. I am a respectable taxpaying non-citizen (permanent resident you see).

And to answer your question. I think my part of the market (larger/cheaper per person inner city places) will be a leading part of the market in tough times because hard up citizens want cheap accomodation. My places are expensive to rent, but for value per person they a leader.

HOLA4418

TTRTR if you are paying £1,300 in Solicitors Fees for property conveyancing then you should shop around as you are being royally scr*wed by your Solicitor. Can be done for way lees than half that amount even using a London based firm, possibly less if you use a specailist co.

HOLA4419

Exactly. But you don't often hear TTRTR say that (some) property is overvalued, do you? In fact he seems to be using this example as showing the strength in the market at opposed to the seller's unrealistic expectations.

I have said many times that many places are over valued, especially when they're first put up for sale. It took me months to find this place, it was only one of a few that gave me a good feeling about buying it.

TTRTR if you are paying £1,300 in Solicitors Fees for property conveyancing then you should shop around as you are being royally scr*wed by your Solicitor. Can be done for way lees than half that amount even using a London based firm, possibly less if you use a specailist co.

That was £900 plus disbursements. The more expensive the property, the more they can be sued for, so the more they like to charge for the work unfortunately.

HOLA4420

I love how you bears drop little inuendos into your posts, like the taxman bit. I am a respectable taxpaying non-citizen (permanent resident you see).

And to answer your question. I think my part of the market (larger/cheaper per person inner city places) will be a leading part of the market in tough times because hard up citizens want cheap accomodation. My places are expensive to rent, but for value per person they a leader.

The Final Word On My Purchase Fallen Through

it was b@ll@cks :rolleyes:

HOLA4421

Back to business: what yield would you have got on that property if you could have filled it with 4 tenants (5 if you converted that breakfast room into a dorm)? Given that capital appreciation will almost certainly be zero or negative in 2006.

It's a genuine question actually, as I'm sure you're no fool, TTRTR.

HOLA4422

Back to business: what yield would you have got on that property if you could have filled it with 4 tenants (5 if you converted that breakfast room into a dorm)? Given that capital appreciation will almost certainly be zero or negative in 2006.

It's a genuine question actually, as I'm sure you're no fool, TTRTR.

£3,410pcm, roughly 6.5% rented as a 6 bedroom house as explained in the main thread last week on this.

HOLA4423
Guest Charlie The Tramp

I am a respectable taxpaying non-citizen (permanent resident you see).

TTRTR what is your tax position with the Swedish Authorities as a resident living there.

HOLA4424

TTRTR what is your tax position with the Swedish Authorities as a resident living there.

I am a dual resident. Resident in the UK because my only source of income is there. Resident in Sweden as well because of the time I spend there.

I don't pay any Swedish tax because they have more deductions that I care to name & therefore my Swedish tax return shows a lower income than in England & the Uk tax paid is taken into account therefore writing off the Swedish tax liability.

HOLA4425

If some 'tough times' lead to real terms falls in house prices then why would people continue to pay your hefty rents if the same money could then cover a repayment mortgage, more to the point even if the person is happy renting then they could shop around and rent from up-start competition that has bought property cheaper than you did and is thus able to offer cheaper rents without compromising his yield, if anything they may be able to offer cheaper rents, service their mortgage and still end up with a better yield.

Debt is real, rents are set by the market and house prices are a matter of opinion.