House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisM

Is This Our Bbc?

I noticed this after a little navigation on the bbc news site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/editorialg...ed27thJune1.doc

It seems there's some tight rules against promoting financial interests (especially shares) and yet sometimes, it doesn't feel like these are being followed. I guess houses are just houses, so price ramping is fair game. <_<

Edited by ChrisM

I noticed this after a little navigation on the bbc news site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/editorialg...ed27thJune1.doc

It seems there's some tight rules against promoting financial interests (especially shares) and yet sometimes, it doesn't feel like these are being followed. I guess houses are just houses, so price ramping is fair game. <_<

Has to be worth an email of complaint, surely?

If you have any issues the BBC, IMPO, do not write to the BBC but write to Gerald Kaufman MP who is the Chair of the Media Select Committee and who has, rightly IMPO, a bee in his bonnet about the BBC.

They're also meant to be politically independent, the Beeb are beyond the stage where you should take them seriously, when it comes to journalistic standards and impartiality BBC News is on a par with The Sun, maybe just edging out News Of the World.

I wouldn't worry about the housing market, according to them we'll all be praying at the alter of environmental disaster 'soon' (I love it when they do 'that' to words).

I actually experienced some mild perturbation this morning when I noticed that they had not tried to hide, or overly spin, the bad news about... the Nikkei, retail downturn, and unemployment.

How odd. The sub-eds must be on holiday.

Post Huton, the BBC have been in chain's and I believe there are true journalist's still working within the system; clamped from above and fighting to break free.

Maybe they are bidding the time, letting people cotton on that they're reporting is biased and restricted, giving the NuLabour controllers enough rope to hang themselves and then breaking for freedom.