House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jpidding

Latest Prediction For Gold?

I see its pulled back a bit to $545 or £308.

Any crystal ball gazers out there care to have a stab in the dark as to where it will pull back to?

(Please back up with reasons even if its just "cos my bum itches a bit less today").

I'm feeling pretty schizophrenic about Gold prices at the moment. On the one hand I keep expecting a significant pull back and have done for sometime (and so have missed out on some significant gains) and on the other I look at stories like the Japan 'Livedoor'/Nikkei slump and the continuing rise in oil prices as pointers towards some real upward pressure on Gold. I chop and I change. I think I know and then I'm not so sure.

If my split personalities accurately reflect the balance of opinion out there then I predict an extend period of short erratic movements within a narrow price band. Followed by a decisive and significant breakout upwards.

Or possibly downwards.

CS

If my split personalities accurately reflect the balance of opinion out there then I predict an extend period of short erratic movements within a narrow price band. Followed by a decisive and significant breakout upwards.

Or possibly downwards.

CS

It's a bull market for gold - that's all you need to know isn't it? Just pile in and don't sweat the dips and pullbacks.

What happened to make it pull back from £316 to £308??

Do you think China is bluffing about pulling out of gold in a secret attempt to get it to pull back before piling in with everything it owns??

Do you think China is bluffing about pulling out of gold in a secret attempt to get it to pull back before piling in with everything it owns??

probably just paper gold being taken down along with the rest in Tokyo last night. the drop wasn't specific to Gold, but an indication that Gold is more than just a hedge against inflation these days; paper Gold is also seen these days as practical investment vehicle and when there is a rush to liquidity across the market, paper Gold is no different in the eyes of many investors.

On the China subject. Don't know if it's right.

http://www.miningmx.com/radio/

This is interesting:

http://www.lbma.org.uk/publications/foreca...st2006_gold.htm

Not as bullish as the editorials at gold-eagle (http://www.gold-eagle.com/) which are so bullish it's almost ridiculous. They're like Eas with their VIs.

Generally though, sentiment today is a lot less bullish then it was two days ago - for obvious reasons.

Japanese investors rushed to liquidate their long gold positions on TOCOM to ensure they have enough to meet margin calls from the Nikkei fallout.

the Nikkei and Gold price have a reasonably good correlation through recent years.

and the Nikkei has a long way to fall.