House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AteMoose

Weddings

Not sure, perhaps its just me but more people seem to be getting maried/planning to get married this year. People at work are getting married this year, people on the train are talking about it, female friends are wanting to get married....

Its endemic, perhaps its just the people around me, but it feels like alot more people are planning on getting married/talking about it this year than last.......

is anyone else hereing this from friends and family more this year? and if so any reasons why?

Not sure, perhaps its just me but more people seem to be getting maried/planning to get married this year. People at work are getting married this year, people on the train are talking about it, female friends are wanting to get married....

Its endemic, perhaps its just the people around me, but it feels like alot more people are planning on getting married/talking about it this year than last.......

is anyone else hereing this from friends and family more this year? and if so any reasons why?

Oh god I hope its not some kind of virus, at 16k a go I cant afford it!

If it is it has not spread here yet. I dont know anyone getting hitched in the near future. Thank god, I hate having to go to church and listen to all that mushy lovey dovey rubbish. Any then hearing the bitching 2 yeard later when they get divorced and are fighting over the CD collection

Could be an age thing, if all these people are in the mid to late 20s.

I know that my grandparents (both now deceased) were married with considerable urgency once it became clear that World War 2 was likely. It's an emotional thing as well as economic (probably moreso then than now), in uncertain times they just wanted to be a married couple. They also promptly started a family.

My grandfather subsequently served in the armed forces and fortunately survived (but died in 1967 due to war-related medical problems) whilst my grandmother chose to live well away from the city (London) without electricity, gas or running water since she thought it to be the safest place to raise a child.

If people are sensing trouble ahead of any kind then I can follow that they might be in more of a hurry to get married than they otherwise would be.

Maybe they should rewrite this line "Do you take this man/woman in sickness and in health, Till deathDivorce do you part?" :blink:

I think Marriage is what many females spend time obsessing over, the fairytale wedding thing, grabbing any man who will marry them to have their "big Day", & subsequently get divorced 2 years or so down the line when it all goes to pot. My Mum was a bit like that, she got married at 19, divorced at 22, married again at 26, divorced at 34 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Local shopping mall is holding a wedding exhibition this week. Stall all seemed extremely quiet even though the shopping centre was reasonably busy. In it's defence though, it was lunch time so I expect many didn't have time to hang around discussing flowers and photographers...........

Maybe they should rewrite this line "Do you take this man/woman in sickness and in health, Till deathDivorce do you part?" :blink:

I think Marriage is what many females spend time obsessing over, the fairytale wedding thing, grabbing any man who will marry them to have their "big Day", & subsequently get divorced 2 years or so down the line when it all goes to pot. My Mum was a bit like that, she got married at 19, divorced at 22, married again at 26, divorced at 34 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I got married at 22 and I'm still married (to the same man) at age 35. I admit that this is unusual though. Only one happily married on my side of the family, but most of his are still married and the majority of our friends too.