House Price Crash Forum
Catch22

Relocation, Relocation

Relocation, Relocation

20:00 - 21:00 Wednesday, 18 January New series. Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer come to the aid of lovebirds Howard Green and Joanna Holme, who are hoping to set up their own nest together in one of the textile towns just north of Manchester. They also want to secure their financial future with a small rentable flat in Hull. However, with only £190,000 between them, they may have a hard task fulfilling their dreams

Relocation, Relocation

20:00 - 21:00 Wednesday, 18 January New series. Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer come to the aid of lovebirds Howard Green and Joanna Holme, who are hoping to set up their own nest together in one of the textile towns just north of Manchester. They also want to secure their financial future with a small rentable flat in Hull. However, with only £190,000 between them, they may have a hard task fulfilling their dreams

My husbands from one of 'those textile towns' and whilst prices have shot up astronmicaly in the area, they should still get somewhere nice for that money.

Or are they the types with exceedingly high expectations that this programme seems to like? You know the sort, want a 4 bed detatched with land and ensuites etc...

Relocation, Relocation

There are "textile towns" north of manchester where you could buy a dozen for £190000, (they mostly begin with B ) and still have change to buy a slum hole flat in Hull - why Hull?

Edited by johnnyw

a small rentable flat in Hull.

No offence to anyone who lives there but didnt I read that HULL was the worst place in the UK to live, for the last few years running? My boss in work is from the HULL area and even he says its a sh`thole!

To be fair though - not sure about Manchester but I know that Manchester has had GI-NORMOUS HPI last year so it will have to be a poor area they buy in (Locals please keep us informed). And also any other local than Hull and there is no way you could buy 2 properties for £190,000. imho!

TB

To be fair though - not sure about Manchester but I know that Manchester has had GI-NORMOUS HPI last year so it will have to be a poor area they buy in (Locals please keep us informed).

Some of the tiny outlying towns northwards, maybe. Not the central bulk. Peak mid 2004.

Some of the tiny outlying towns northwards, maybe. Not the central bulk. Peak mid 2004.

Depends what they want - a 3/4 bed house in somewhere fairly nice/leafy e.g Ramsbottom or good bits of Bury/Bolton - they haven't a hope if they want to buy their (very secure and profit generating) flat in Hull as well.

Where do they get these idiots from. I assume they've picked really bad investment ideas this time so when they Revisit in 18 months it will make for excellent telly.

Could they have picked anywhere worse to invest????HULL, FFS?????

They could buy 3 terraces in Burnley for 180k and knock them all together.........oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let P & K advise them to buy an overpriced sh*thole in Burnley or Bacup *crosses fingers*

There's a "Takeaway Head Shop" for sale in Accrington for 25K LINK :D

17315_74blackburnroad_IMG_02.jpg

They go down a treat with a nice slab of tripe, but don't forget to take your "Burnley Wallet " with you if you've still got your balls

Edited by Catch22

i think the ref 'burnley wallet' refers to a common injury amongst the weavers in the 19th/20th century.

industrial hip height machines + nuts + loom = a burnley wallet. (use your own imaginations).

i think the ref 'burnley wallet' refers to a common injury amongst the weavers in the 19th/20th century.

industrial hip height machines + nuts + loom = a burnley wallet. (use your own imaginations).

I first heard that term used in Peter Kays "Pheonix Nights" as having your "sack" removed with a "stanley type knife" I assume for getting the wrong side of the local heavies :rolleyes: But would agree it probarbly comes from the era when King Cotton ruled in industrial Lancashire.

Edited by Catch22

i heard it from a tour guide at the queen street mill in burnley.

also theres spinners lip - which is a bad moth/face cancer from licking the oil on the shuttles.

Edited by right_freds_dead

i heard it from a tour guide at the queen street mill in burnley.

also theres spinners lip - which is a bad moth/face cancer from licking the oil on the shuttles.

My m-i-l used to be a weaver. She's still able to lip read after years of meemowing (sp?).

No offence to anyone who lives there but didnt I read that HULL was the worst place in the UK to live, for the last few years running? My boss in work is from the HULL area and even he says its a sh`thole!

this chap thinks its great there...

prescott2pa_toe.jpg

post-1668-1137589268.jpg

TB

So what?

They don't have to live there do they?

The tenants will live there and pay the mortgage for them. (at least, that's the plan!)

Plenty of people live in Hull. Plenty of tenants...

BTW I did a course there for a year and the locals are great... (just as well... cos there's not much else there that's great)